• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Armor Inherent Lower Mana Cost

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Is Armor Inherent Lower Mana Cost capped at 40% or 55%?

According toPublish 81 Notes non-meddable armor it states specifically that it is still subject to thet 40% cap.

However, According to UOGuide Publish 81 non-meddable armor is not subject to the cap and is capped at 55%.

So which is it?

I'm inclined to believe the Publish 81 Notes off of the official website vs. players and UOGuide.

I think many players are under the belief that LMC is capped at 55% for non-meddable armor. Are they correct?

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Armor from the LMC property is capped at 40%. After that, non-med armor can provide a bonus that stacks on top of LMC properties. The armor bonus isn't "capped," merely subject to the maximum of each of the five best pieces. For example, you can have Mace and Shield glasses, then five pieces of studded leather. The studded leather would give an LMC bonus of 3% each.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only the inherend LMC of non med armor will exceed the 40% LMC ITEM CAP.

Metal armor gets an inherent 1% LMC per piece up to 5 piece maximum....ex....5 plate armor pieces imbued with 8 LMC each.... (They will read 8 LMC in the CC) The imbued 8 LMC per pc = 40 LMC total.... having 5 plate armor pieces on will give you 5 more LMC that DOES exceed the 40% LMC item cap... so total of 45% LMC.

Ex 2..... studded / bone / hide.... 3% LMC inherent per piece you were up to 5 pieceS..... again this means if you have your cap of 40 LMC on the items the inherent LMC (3 PER piece) =15 + 40 base will put you at 55 LMC total...and effective.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I really don't understand why it is made that way, no wonder no one use plate armor.
Studded, ring and chain armor should give the 1% LMC inherent bonus per pieces as this are for young warriors and hybrids with both weapon skills and magery.
Plate, stone, bone, wooden should give 3% LMC inherent per pieces as this are for true warriors

We should get rid of Elven armor only and metal and wooden armor need a little basis resist bonus.
Dragon armor should have 50 % chance for a resist bonus instead of the mage armor mod from exception made.
Let all non med able armor types 10% chance getting a Mage Armor
Add the wood Property to all colored resources
Give all armor types 25% basic resist and fix the gargish jewelry neckless and earrings, so they get colored metal bonus, that would also make looted armor more useful if it had 25% basis resist instead of 15%

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I use plate armour on my mêlée fighters!
The stamina protection and 5% LMC it offers balances well against the 15% LMC studded offers when you're being hit a lot.
But for archers, studded is the way to go.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run normal leather on my mages (40lmc) and on my sampire and archer I use studded (40+15=55lmc)

I have stamina leech on my weapon so I'm not to worried about the stamina protection.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I converted to imbued and reforged parts at studded with 2-4 mr, and substituted meditation for other skill... gives me 55 lmc and 24-26 mr....so im close to cap without activly meditating. And I hardly need to meditate on that mr speed.

The hard cap is 40 lmc on items - the soft cap is 55. For mana regain its hard cap at 30, only activly meditating can exceed that.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really don't understand why it is made that way, no wonder no one use plate armor.
Studded, ring and chain armor should give the 1% LMC inherent bonus per pieces as this are for young warriors and hybrids with both weapon skills and magery.
Plate, stone, bone, wooden should give 3% LMC inherent per pieces as this are for true warriors

We should get rid of Elven armor only and metal and wooden armor need a little basis resist bonus.
Dragon armor should have 50 % chance for a resist bonus instead of the mage armor mod from exception made.
Let all non med able armor types 10% chance getting a Mage Armor
Add the wood Property to all colored resources
Give all armor types 25% basic resist and fix the gargish jewelry neckless and earrings, so they get colored metal bonus, that would also make looted armor more useful if it had 25% basis resist instead of 15%
I have seen several people using plate and/or other forms of metal armor. Perhaps it is just different on whatever shard you play.

As to why they would: Not quite the topic of this thread but non-meddable armor now has the bonus of absorbing/blocking Stamina damage. It works great (though unfortunately it is not as much as I often need).

Non-meddable armor made by blacksmiths absorbs the most Stamina damage, non-meddable armor made by tailors absorbs the least Stamina damage.

So it's a trade-off. It so happens that most warriors, discovering they need the extra LMC more than the Stamina damage absorption, go for the studded. Most, but not all.

The changes were positive on balance and we should applaud them. Remember that before this it was leather, mage armor, or get laughed at openly if you wore anything else.

-Galen's player

Zolaf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone started a list for the artifacts that are out there? I have been slowly adding them to my imbuing calculator as I figure them out...

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
my main disco tamer has no med or focus.
i run a imbued suit on him that has 30MR and 55LMC.
i find that I don't run out of mana, even if I run a mastery the above is more than enough to keep it going non stop with no meditation or focus.
if your running a mastery that needs like 5 mana per second and you then -55% of that so you need like 2.4 mana per second then your 30MR takes care of that (numbers are just taken out of thin air - not real numbers)
its kinda funny.