• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are you active playing, paying but not playing or accounts inactive

G

Hail all, this forum are always active but how many are active ingame too?

G

I'm here.

I split my time between Siege and Europa, so I classed Siege as my 'second' shard.

G

Sadly I had to choose "I pay my account(s) but do not play much now"
I wish there was more players around, I rarely see anyone

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 5 accounts 3 I play and 2 I haven't logged on much in last few months.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

When I first started playing UO, I began on Atlantic and Siege Perilous.
I now have fully developed characters and a house on Atlantic which is
generally used and well decorated! Yahaxithonix is my second character on
SP which rumages from the bank vault. I am more active on SP, than Atlantic.
On Atlantic I have done everything! On SP, I have not done everything, but I
keep trying...

I must take note that as I survey housing on SP, there are about a fourth of
the plots bare! Some people are in idle mode, some are just wanting to sale,
some are in yet to decay mode.

I really think that multiple accounts seem to address the issue of single character
on SP. One character is not enough! One house is not enough because of
storage! Siege Perilous would be better off if each player can have one and
only one character on Siege Perilous regardless the number of accounts that
person could buy! But, UO/EA wants revenue, so that will never happen.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

I think one and only one character on Siege Perilous regardless the number of accounts would kill Siege, at least I would never had started.

When I started, I made 2 chars, Tina Tink and Freja. Tina was my crafter and Freja my red. Over the years, I had had more chars but now I'm down to this 2 chars and could not give up any of them.

Most players want to play more than one role, UO was meant to be a RP game. I really believe 2 char slots and more lockdowns in the bank would help Siege.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

No matter how many characters you have, you are of one mind!
Multiple characters create the situation of spying and betrayal!
Why trust others to do cooperation when your duplication of a second owned
player character will do things for you. Multiple characters delute
dependency between different people.

I does not matter to me that developers will not limit anything.
I just have to accept the results. People play the name game, new pcs
are formed by long time older players. A 'WyRm' by any other name is still
WyRm!

If you think I should treat these [NEW] people as new then I must act the
fool to do that! I always pay attention to what others do. [NEW] is the
source of some renewal. But, I see nothing new in behavior. The game goes on,
as is.

There is no need for more housing... just a waste of effort by the developers.
The bank vault is more pausable! But, it just holds off the real problem with the
on-going game. The game is going toward endgame...

The Winners are selling out for money and leaving the game!
And, why not!

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

I started on Legends but made my way to Siege. Now I never ever play Legends and moved to Siege . Siege is my home now .

G

A long time ago, Siege was my original reason for multiple accounts. Way before I started hoarding and pack ratting, and feeling the need to keep my homes forever.
Were it not for Siege, I doubt I would have ended up with so many accounts and so many houses that I felt attachments to.

I have 4 accounts. 2 houses.
I don't play as much as I have during my "prime", but that's due to RL obligations.

I

imported_Pestilence Hemp

sadly just paying so house doesnt fall. but thatll only make some pay for so long......may have a house for sale.......

currently i log onto sp about 1 a week if that just to see if anything is going on, and after about 10 minutes i realize there isnt.

so i have been playing *looks around for attack* on player run shard. alot more people and its not a trammy shard.

maybe one day ea will fix this game, and innovate it. On that day i will return.
till then the house is emtpy, and my travels will be in another land!

....but i do like to stop on stratics and read about all the fun stuff?..........

G

My original shard was Chesapeake. Then when I came here Siege became my main shard, yet I have always maintained duality, in that whichever shard may have some events that I really like participating in, then that may be where I am in game attending playing.

Remember the huge Iantown golem wars fight event held in Iantown. I enjoyed that. Well another golem wars contest was held quite recently on Chesapeake, so I tinkered up me golem and attended. The golems fought in Jhelom pits fel side and mine lasted quite awhile but in the end got dirtnapped by other golems smacking other golems.
I do like golems and golem *pet fights*

I love archery competitions, Chesapeake hosts these quite a bit at times. I attended the March tourney which began last week, I came in 3rd place made it thru all the elimination rounds. So I get to continue to the next week, till I too am *eliminated* or get to move forward again.

I like events, I oft go where there are events that I enjoy.

I was at shire story nite tues past...for the story nite to dedicate tales to KSS and Lord Py. So a butt ugly rune beetle ate me 4x as I told me tale
with every res I just continued me tale of the KSS whom I used to be member of and tale of the Knight Commander, I enjoyed retelling the tale at shire despite tiny interuptions of me deaths. Unicorn Tavern seemed to have a bug infestation.

I had planned to attend the resumption of tnt fight nights but, could not get online for that.

At any rate I do play UO less than before, just not enough for me to do, to retain me, since I am not factions nor pvp pvp minded all the time so I go wherever there be events and peeps attending ie community doing something somewhere together like UO used to be meant to be more and UO twas a roleplaying game too besides just same old same thing of same few always just layin the smacketh down on the same few opponents day in day out, more than just board pvp UO too.

My accts are all still active, still have all my homes, still log in to see what is going on, bout it, spring is arriving, so I may just opt to go outside play frisbees with my dogs in the sunshine, instead of UO where population seems to dwindle !

P

pikon198

I played chessy, but now i play siege for the most part. Sometimes i go to chessy to see how things are. But its been kinda wierd since playing on seige. Too many people at luna and you can WALK through them hehe.

I

imported_Krystal

I love playing SP, but i see myself PvPing less and less cause I get so sick of being literally speedhacked to death:(

G

<blockquote><hr>

No matter how many characters you have, you are of one mind!
Multiple characters create the situation of spying and betrayal!
Why trust others to do cooperation when your duplication of a second owned
player character will do things for you. Multiple characters delute
dependency between different people.

I does not matter to me that developers will not limit anything.
I just have to accept the results. People play the name game, new pcs
are formed by long time older players. A 'WyRm' by any other name is still
WyRm!

[/ QUOTE ]

WyRm is the character, not the person behind the char. Who knows, maybe he do have blue honorable char who hate reds or a crafter who never fight. I doubt he would let us know.

Tina Tink and Freja do not have same mind, they do not spy for each others.
Tina Tink is a peaceful and helpful person. She would never attack anyone without a very good reason.
Her hope is, that there one day will be customers around Safe Haven so she kan reopen her shop.
She do help Freja with armor and weapons.

Freja was born on Atlantic, she was not born evil but found friends between the reds. She become red with a mistake learned, blue can't be trusted. She become a brigand.
Freja do help Tina too, she brings her leather and scala and she will hep her killing the hard ore elements.
Tina do not call Freja if she get PK'ed and Tina won't tell Freja if she see wealthy travellers.

I'm sure we have alot players with multi chars, where you have no idea, that they have same owner. Not all will abuse it.

Sure you could force players to only have one char but I think it would be wrong and hurt the shard.
There must be better ways to handle the situation of spying and betrayal.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

Siege Perilous would be better off if each player can have one and
only one character on Siege Perilous regardless the number of accounts that
person could buy! But, UO/EA wants revenue, so that will never happen.

[/ QUOTE ]How do you suggest EA would accomplish that even if they wanted it that way?
You are aware that EA doesn't perform biometrics on the player when they login or creat accounts. EA has NO way of knowing who is creating accounts. They know whos financial info is listed, they know whoscredit card is billed, but they do not know the player.
I hate when people whine and complain about things impossible to achieve.

I

imported_Pestilence Hemp

acually they could use the ip address of players? other games have done this (albeit not very good games)

G

Aye bottom line for them is money and income or hoping to get more out of us, so the housing rule won't change ..want another house get another account ? Want an alt chr. ..get another acct. if on Siege. etc.

Course soulstones and soulstone fragments also enable even one chr. to be several templated chrs. in one chr. one acct. ie Siege been fubared for ages from it's origins and original basis of being unique harder shard etc.

With all the bleed thru plus multiple accts and some owning buying mega amts of soulstones here, so one chr. here per anyone will never fly, nor work here any longer. Besides EA just wants more rll gp income, so buy extra accts. for extra houses or extra chrs, or buy soulstones. I doubt this practice of for a fee you too can have extra homes extra chrs. more soulstones, will change nor ever return Siege back to the original intent, that was meant for/ to be Siege, long gone.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

acually they could use the ip address of players? other games have done this (albeit not very good games)

[/ QUOTE ]Well, then multiple players on the same NAT router cannot play. That would also mean that only one player could play per dormitory at most major universities. This would also limit many AOL users from playing. That doesnt work well.

Not to mention, I could just proxy one of my accounts and run two anyways.

I

imported_Pestilence Hemp

yeah (un)fortunatly theres always away around even the greatest defenses.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I love playing SP, but i see myself PvPing less and less cause I get so sick of being literally speedhacked to death:(

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed ban them all im tired of it.

P

pikon198

<blockquote><hr>

meeb like to smell oomies....

[/ QUOTE ]

i thought orcs hated the smell of oomies

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

I see that the 3rd and 4th categories are summing up near 25 percentile!
This is about what I see out there among the houses of SP, that is about
25% are empty lots.

The developers are never going to limit people to anything like I want anyway.
*shrugs*
I am just one person.

What do you want to achieve from the results of this Poll?

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to see how many we are left here. Now I know, not all read Stratics but Siege had always been very active on the forum.

<pre>I'm active with Siege as my main shard 63 59%

I'm active with Siege as my second shard 10 09%

I pay my account(s) but do not play much now 11 10%

I only pay to keep my house(s), I do not play 14 13%

I do not have any active account(s) at the moment 4 03%

I gave up Siege, I do play other shards 3 02%

I do not play Siege but may consider it 1 00%
</pre>

Only 73 active players here on Stratics, that's scary
32 not active players are hanging out here, hoping for miracles that will bring life back to the shard.

I believe more than 25% of the houses are inactive but when houses count accounts and my polls count players, we can't really compare that.

I

imported_Goron

These numbers are lowballed.
If that poll is to be considered true- that means at any given time ~21% of siege's population is on the forum. I get that value from a 9 am est chech of 23 people on the forum against the total respondendts of 108 at the time of this post.

I refuse to believe that statistic and will optimistically estimate that at 9am est (thats 6am west coast) with 23 active forum viewers the shard must have an active population of at least 395- resulting in 6% of the active population being on the board at 9am est...

I wish...

G

If each guild would post how many members there had been active the last week, that could give an idea of how many we are. (if they all speak true and not try to make their guild look more active)

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I wanted to see how many we are left here. Now I know, not all read Stratics but Siege had always been very active on the forum.

<pre>I'm active with Siege as my main shard 63 59%

I'm active with Siege as my second shard 10 09%

I pay my account(s) but do not play much now 11 10%

I only pay to keep my house(s), I do not play 14 13%

I do not have any active account(s) at the moment 4 03%

I gave up Siege, I do play other shards 3 02%

I do not play Siege but may consider it 1 00%
</pre>

Only 73 active players here on Stratics, that's scary
32 not active players are hanging out here, hoping for miracles that will bring life back to the shard.

I believe more than 25% of the houses are inactive but when houses count accounts and my polls count players, we can't really compare that.

[/ QUOTE ]
But, what are you going to use the information for?

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

G

<blockquote><hr>

If each guild would post how many members there had been active the last week, that could give an idea of how many we are. (if they all speak true and not try to make their guild look more active)

[/ QUOTE ]

*smiles*

But that too will not be an accurate count. I can say I know for a fact that 5 members of MYTH guild were all online yesterday, but *I* am all 5 of those characters whom each are members of MYTH guild.

Yet
if I am online as one of them, I can not be the other 4 of my selves at the same time on Siege.
But I usually log them all on thru the course of any given day or week...and some times I barely play at all logging in none of them. *they're still all being paid atm yet, though*

Soooooooooo how do we count us all ?

That count would be similar if say Chesapeake were counting active members as well, they can look up KRM guild there find several members, unfortunatly I *am* nearly all of them !
hehe 5 x 5 accts = 25 members I never made 6th nor 7th chrs. on 5 accts but I do have 5 of 5 on those accts. and here it is 1 chr per acct so..I am 5 of me here.
At any rate, 5 members of MYTH were online yesterday but *I* single customer were all 5 of those cuz they are all ...my acct.s albeit very different chr. types for most part. .

heck I am lucky if *Miranda* lets Queen Zen HERE into her owner only chests in my own siege house* hehe Miranda is fussy that way..she trusts no one in her owner only house containers.
hehe She does not want a non crafter to mess her tools chests all up. And on that other shard...the orig Queen Zen won't let her alts in her stuff there either. *first borns ya know they RULEZ* the main main houses, on both shards and here it is Miranda.

We can not go by house counts either cuz those change often as well, see a plot grab it on this or that acct. maybe just temporarily even for fun, then demolish it etc. main chrs. always housed in max secureds on 2 shards ...with my 5th acct oft *the floater*..homeless or housed here or there or just put a house up for an event then demolish.

kinda hard for EA customers ourselves, to get an actual true count of how many individuals are still subscribing/active, if we also are one customer whom is an active account of.. *multiple accounted accounts* whether we use em much or not online.

G

<blockquote><hr>

But that too will not be an accurate count. I can say I know for a fact that 5 members of MYTH guild were all online yesterday, but *I* am all 5 of those characters whom each are members of MYTH guild.

[/ QUOTE ]
True but the guildmasters do know the owners behind the chars and could count your 5 chars as one.

I

imported_OldAsTheHills

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
True but the guildmasters do know the owners behind the chars and could count your 5 chars as one.

[/ QUOTE ]Too trusting...

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

B

BennosMorales

A straight Treasure Hunter gets somewhat lonely, so a secondary account to keep the interest flowing.

Siege is Home, has been and forever will be....

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

A straight Treasure Hunter gets somewhat lonely, so a secondary account to keep the interest flowing.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your saying a gay treasure hunter doesnt ever get lonely?

I

imported_Magnolia

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

So your saying a gay treasure hunter doesnt ever get lonely?

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe..