• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are there parties doing the Exodus spawn regularly to gather the Scrolls of valiant Commendation ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As title says, I am looking for parties on Catskills which regularly do the Exodus spawn to gather Scrolls of Valiant Commendation [Replica] as I need to gather 7 of them to upgrade all of my characters.
If so, when do you usually meet ?

How hard are the drops to get ? That is, to gather 7 scrolls how many spawns realistically I should estimate to participate to ?

Thanks.

Judas D'arc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is something I've also wondered about since I've never actually tried it.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its a hard encounter. you can do it with 2 people, a healer and a swordman but its a challenge. a larger group is much easier. I havent done it for a long time, but remember doing with 2 in about 30 mins not counting keys (probably not the most efficient we died a number of times) Im not sure how many drops it has, i can think of 9 off the top of my head, but expect to do it a decent amount to get all the ones you need.
key is for the healers to stand 7 tiles away from whoever they are healing. healer really needs to be on the ball as he hits very hard. or else get pulled into the boss and die. Dexter / Swordman really needs to get honor, as theres no slayer if i remember right.
He has a nasty life leech reflect, so if your sampire take off necro or dont use vamp embrace
ideally healing with majic resist is best (he has bad curses too)
Tamers can do it, but the damage from pets is really low and theres no slayer for spells so it would take a long time.
Id be interested in a few runs, if your getting a group together see if im available 442212126

Personally, i dont scroll all my characters. sometimes its really needed, like on 210 stam suits to have enough mana, or parry mage. Some characters / gear combos do almost need them. Mages really dont need them in my opinion unless you need dex. And its a nice little "boost" even if you dont really need the stat, but could use it on a daily guy.

Sounds like a good goal tho. youl get them eventually. again let me know if your forming a group.

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other then a few single players like the above who said to consider them for Exodus hunts, I have not been contacted by anyone saying that there are organized groups on Catskills who regularly hunt Exodus.

Why is that ? Bad loot ? Bad drop chances ? Too hard a fight ?

I have never participated to this particular spawn so I have no knowledge of it but if the interest is scarce in it, even though one can get there the scrolls of valiant commendation [replica], it gives me the idea that perhaps something is not right with this spawn ? What would it possibly be ?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other then a few single players like the above who said to consider them for Exodus hunts, I have not been contacted by anyone saying that there are organized groups on Catskills who regularly hunt Exodus.

I have never participated to this particular spawn so I have no knowledge of it but if the interest is scarce in it, even though one can get there the scrolls of valiant commendation [replica], it gives me the idea that perhaps something is not right with this spawn ? What would it possibly be ?
Its not popular because its a very hard fight that just to get into you have to keys for every person going. the keys last a week tho and can be solo gotten easily. Only 3 of the 9 rewards are useful / worth gold (human clockworks, human bracers of alchem, and scroll of valiant) so thats another drawback. but thats everything in uo. theres nothing wrong with the spawn tho. its just UO as usual.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

Keep in mind @popps you are free to organize hunts as well. Perhaps this is something you would be interested in doing since you have the motivation to do so.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The keys suck to get.. Last time I did keys, I got like 1 rite, 4 daggers, 8 robes, and 5 alters.... I was trying to get 3 complete sets - which I needed 3 rites, 3 daggers, 3 robes, 1 alter.. I had 18 key drops, but only needed 10 of the right ones... and odds are it'd still take forever to get the last 2 rites, and I would have way more of the others. And for a dexxor or sampire, it takes a LONG time to even get 18 keys; and I still didn't have my sets.

I know at one point they were talking about extending the keys timers even more.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep in mind @popps you are free to organize hunts as well. Perhaps this is something you would be interested in doing since you have the motivation to do so.
Well, I would imagine that when organizing a hunt the organizing player should actually know what to do and how to do it and I have never done this hunt so I have no clue where to start from.

That is why I am reluctant in organizing it, because I would not know what to tell to whomever might be willing to participate...

I'd rather join a forming party and learn how this hunt gets done rather than starting one myself....

Norrar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I would imagine that when organizing a hunt the organizing player should actually know what to do and how to do it and I have never done this hunt so I have no clue where to start from.

That is why I am reluctant in organizing it, because I would not know what to tell to whomever might be willing to participate...

I'd rather join a forming party and learn how this hunt gets done rather than starting one myself....
Sometimes the mystery is what makes the adventure. :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

When they first put it in, none of us knew. You can look up the basics right here on Stratics. @Norrar seems eager to help. I am sure you can find several other people eager to go on a public hunt. Everyone can learn together. It's what we all do when we are learning of new encounters. :)

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

First, find the post in Uhall that said they'd like to extend the key timer past a week for this encounter..
If I were to organize it.. I'd pick like 2-3 days in the week where you work together to get keys (buy killing the new stuff in exodus dungeon).. If someone gets a bard and sampire it sounds sorta fun. Let the bard discord and provoke, and sampire kill. Should be able to dungeon crawl it nicely.

Next, find a day on the weekend, where everyone can run 2, 3, 10 of these in a row. Sharing keys to help everyone get complete sets will help alot.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd give it a try popps.. However, I'd have to look it up myself as well..

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My group has always had better luck collecting keys when we had as many as possible doing it at once. I am not saying if one person went they got one an hour and if 10 went we all collected 10 an hour. I mean I seemed to get more drops per hour when we were all down there. Maybe it was a party thing, maybe it was how frequently the spawn was being killed, I am not sure.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let the bard discord and provoke, and sampire kill. Should be able to dungeon crawl it nicely.
I have been reading about this hunt and I seem to understand that Exodus cannot be discorded, a Bard can be usefull but mainly for the masteries.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been reading about this hunt and I seem to understand that Exodus cannot be discorded, a Bard can be usefull but mainly for the masteries.
I presumed Lord Kotan had meant while farming keys for the sampire and bard. It is true that when fighting the boss you can't disco or leech life. We use x-healers.

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, I'm talking about gathering keys. as far as Exodus, you need at least the peace bard.

We have done it with a min of 3 characters before, 1 being a peace bard, others being healers. Xhealing is really fast :) and the 20-30% damage reduction from bard is really nice!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ive done it with a bard (peace/provo/disco/music all 120) and a high damage melee character. This was before healers took aggro though. I haven't done it since then, I'm not sure it can still be done with only 2.