• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are there any locations to place homes?

gangelo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello,

Been away a LONG time.

I play on Atlantic, in Trammel, and I was wondering if there were any locations to place a house - don't even care what size if it comes down to it, but would prefer something larger. Is it still like the "old" days when nothing was available?

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You will be lucky to find a larger spot in a good location. I always just buy from other players. I've not walked around looking for a spot as I'm lazy but you might get lucky :)

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I know of a spot on Atlantic where a home could be placed.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There are tons of 7x7, 8x9 or something spots in trammel. If you don't mind fel (its not really dangerous nowadays), you should not have problems even finding 12x14 or the likes. Right within 3 screens of my house there are multiple free spots (Fel, Atlantic). I can PM you a couple of coordinates if needed :)

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't make the offer if I'm not serious. :) I'm not on much until late in the evening for an hour or so, but we can get together sometime

gangelo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I don't make the offer if I'm not serious. :) I'm not on much until late in the evening for an hour or so, but we can get together sometime
Wowsa :) That's incredibly kind of you! Would you like me to find something first before I ping you? How would we get in touch?

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Do you have ICQ or any type of instant messenger?

MeTheGreat

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
try fire island on trammel. almost impossible to place an 18*18, but smaller plots are for the taking all of the time.
i see temporary neighbors come and go as they find larger house plots elsewhere.

it's a bit of a pain to get a newly-made character there, but a friendly person will usually be able to gate to daemon temple.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I walked around Atl when I first came back looking for plots I could place I found several 16 sq. locations. They are there but you have to be prepared to walk the land to find them.

Kuzan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
on Atlantic the desert by Brit swamps is pretty empty a lot of medium size plots open there

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can find many places, even on Atlantic. Unless a significant amount of people have come back since September (when I last played), I had no trouble running around and placing anything up to 14x14 and 15x18. As someone stated it is about impossible to place an 18x18. Just think outside the box on your locations and you'll be good to go. Oh, and use Goodman's library. There is a ton of locations to investigate and examine.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
theres plenty of 14x14/ 15x15 size plots on every shard including atlantic

Manitou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I just return to UO for a month and play in Wakuko. Own a keep but seeking for a castle. Any good idea of it, I prefer in fel.

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
You can find many places, even on Atlantic. Unless a significant amount of people have come back since September (when I last played), I had no trouble running around and placing anything up to 14x14 and 15x18. As someone stated it is about impossible to place an 18x18. Just think outside the box on your locations and you'll be good to go. Oh, and use Goodman's library. There is a ton of locations to investigate and examine.
Where is Goodman's library located? I haven't travelled all over yet but don't think I have seen this place?

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi haven't been on in a bit Duncan. The area where Tokuno Islands is the main town there. Go outside of the town north and east from the gate and you can't miss it. Best rune library. Have used it for over 10 years. Simply amazing!

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Hi haven't been on in a bit Duncan. The area where Tokuno Islands is the main town there. Go outside of the town north and east from the gate and you can't miss it. Best rune library. Have used it for over 10 years. Simply amazing!
I found it the other day after doing some searching. Marked a rune, great place and source of beginning adventures. Cheers!