• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are the Dev's aware?

D

DHMagicMan_1

We don't have enough data to confirm absolutely, but it would appear very likely that the appearance of the "New Cactus" in Fire Red as REPLACED all other available plants in that color. Anyone doing the quest for a Fire Red Seed seems to be getting ONLY the "New Cactus".

See this thread http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=103318 for more information.

As I said, we're still collecting data but people have grown batches of 4 or more fire red seeds at a time and gotten 100% New Cacti... that would be a hard swallow for any random number generator with 18 possible outcomes, even UO's.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Since it looks like you are going to have to fix the code anyway, any chance we can hope you'd fix it so we'd have a 1 chance in 34 of getting any given plant in xxx color instead of removing the one "New" plant from the quest?

Please?

K

Kyrie_Elaison

Since it looks like you are going to have to fix the code anyway, any chance we can hope you'd fix it so we'd have a 1 chance in 34 of getting any given plant in xxx color instead of removing the one "New" plant from the quest?

Please?
Or can you add all the new plants to the Naturalist quest?

Purty Pweese
:lick:

R

Rix/\

PLANT REVERT!!!!!!!!!!

nah just teasein.

Seriously I've gotten barrel instead of new but thats only one out of 15 rest were all new all seeds obtained after the new seeds came out.

D

DHMagicMan_1

It would appear that each individual color of the Naturalist Quest seeds are broken and always return exactly 1 specific Cactus plant 100% of the time. There is more info in the thread linked above, but everyone planting a PINK seed can be assured they will get xxx cactus while everyone planting an Aqua seed will always get a different one.

Just more data for your analysis.

R

RavenWinterHawk

I'm looking into it. Thanks!
Please...
Toss the new plants into the random generation mix for the rare seeds.

And while your at it. Please add 1 or 2 rare colors that can randomly spawn on normal plants.

It will keep things lively.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OP: Why not give us a chance to grow more of these rares!

Couldn't we have waited a while and grown some red cacti before they end it?

The new plants were not supposed to be colored, and when they fix it they probably wont be in the quests.

There goes my chance to finally own something worth some gold! Thanks bud....

D

DHMagicMan_1

You can easily collect 20 or more seeds in a couple hours. How many hundreds did you want to horde before they fix it?

I posted it here because 1. I thought the devs should know, and 2. I thought people selling them for 50+ million would be a bit obnoxious at the moment.

In a year or two if there's no way to get more, then sure, they may be worth something.

R

Rix/\

You can easily collect 20 or more seeds in a couple hours. How many hundreds did you want to horde before they fix it?

I posted it here because 1. I thought the devs should know, and 2. I thought people selling them for 50+ million would be a bit obnoxious at the moment.

In a year or two if there's no way to get more, then sure, they may be worth something.
50+ mill? I put mine on a vendor for 50k and it's still there 3 days later other regular plants sell out .

so ah which shard is this that want new fire cactus for 50 mill? I'll come over with some for let's say 10 mill each

D

DHMagicMan_1

Any chance we can get feedback from Regine or Jeremy? Do you plan to remove the new Cactus from the Fire Plant options or keep it as an option but put the original 17 back in as well so we have a total of 18 possible options for the Fire Plant quest?

There's a lot of hope that you could add the other new plants as well as well to the Naturalist quest?

Any clue as to what you plan (hope) to do, even if you don't have a timeline yet for execution?

Thanks.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I know I asked for "Official Feedback" on a Sunday, but now that it's a weekday again, anything from EA/Mythic? Tell us what you are thinking/planning/intending?