• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are Soulstones Allowed on Siege?

Akiho

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Are soulstones & soulstone fragments allowed on Siege?
To be honest, this is one of my issues with Siege, They should just give up on the 1 character rule, everyone just circumvents the rule by having a ton of soulstones to cover every skill required. And of course EA make a buck everytime someone wants to raise a new skill. Even without soulstones, those dedicated enough just open more accounts to cover individual templates. Soulstones are effectively cheaper in the long run though.

It's just a cash cow and changing template is nothing more than a nuisance.

I do play Siege, and yes I succumbed to the cash cow and have a ton of soulstones also.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The one char rule is one thing Siege can't agree about changes too. We are many who would like to see more char slots, but I fear there are as many on Siege, who do not want changes :(

Flagg

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The one char rule is one thing Siege can't agree about changes too. We are many who would like to see more char slots, but I fear there are as many on Siege, who do not want changes :(
There have always been a couple of utterly needless 'extreme' rules in Siege I think. Most notably the slow skill gains. I sometimes wonder what sort of a place it'd be were it simply 1:1 like all other shards, only with Fel ruleset, no huge amount of blessings and no insurance.

On one hand, I much like the " enforced dependability" to others that one char slot brings. Yet, Soulstones and extra accounts make the entire feature highly dubious in value. It only contributes to hurt those who'd otherwise might wish to try Siege.

Last edited:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most notably the slow skill gains.
Personally I love RoT. With alacrity scrolls it's really just as fast as prodo, but you get to cut out all the cost and all the tedious grinding. I would probably never raise a skill again if RoT was removed, heh. Too gd boring.

On one hand, I much like the " enforced dependability" to others that one char slot brings. Yet, Soulstones and extra accounts make the entire feature highly dubious in value. It only contributes to hurt those who'd otherwise might wish to try Siege.
I'm torn. On one hand it sucks that if you really want to establish yourself on the shard you will probably have to buy some soulstones, and if you don't you have to rely on a fairly weak economy for all your needs, which, trust me, can be a real pain. On the other hand single characters enforce accountability, and there are still a lot of people who aren't all covered in SS, or running alt accounts, and extra character slots would surely kill whatever interdependence still remains.

Like a lot of things about siege, I think any change would have good and bad effects, but really the impact would be limited.

As to your musing on what siege would be like if it were just a no tram/no insurance shard, I think the result would be the same. People can say it's this system or that system that keeps people off of siege, but there are really only two things that keep people off of siege 1) open pvp and 2) item loss. Most people who don't pvp don't want to play in an open pvp setting, and most people who DO pvp don't like to have to grind backup gear.

Last edited:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
So long ago... The powers that be did not listen.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way.. how do Tamers do on Siege? I'm thinking about starting a tamer there.

120 Taming
120 Animal Lore
120 Veterinary
120 Magery
120 Music
120 Discord

Whats the word on this?

Wolfman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will work nicely for PvM!
Just as anywhere else....and not expensive equipment needed.

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just created my tamer on Siege - his name is Naz'ghoul Mortis. Anyone want to play with me? Im at Luna bank: Show me around? Gimmie a full spellbook (lol)? xD

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way.. how do Tamers do on Siege? I'm thinking about starting a tamer there.

120 Taming
120 Animal Lore
120 Veterinary
120 Magery
120 Music
120 Discord

Whats the word on this?
That is one of my primary templates on Siege although I do use stones and swap taming, lore,vet and mage out for Myticic, focus, Cart and LP to do T maps. I strongly suggest you play Siege for a few months before you invest in a lot of soul stones. It is quite different that prodo shards and hate seeing someone drop a couple hundred bucks on stones right off the bat and finding Siege ain't their cup of tea.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So long ago... The powers that be did not listen.
I wish they would have :) Even though I use stones and have way way more than I ever planned on having, Siege would be better off had they never been allowed.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I disagree, Siege would not be better off, it would be emptier than it is now. I know I wouldn't be here. There would be 6 or 7 people, with 5+ accounts that would have stuck around.