• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are raptors any good?

L

lancelot99

I'm thinking of taming a couple or raptors and wondering if they are any goos together? not sure they get pack instinct? or would a couple of bakes be better?

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dont know how good they are but they are difficult to tame min taming 107-108 i think

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends what you mean by "any good" really. For most tamers I'd say go with kitsune if you want the good all-rounder. Also because kits have a lower skill requirement, it means they're well suited to a more limited template.

Raptors are great if you aren't into the uber power of a pet and you want to use something different. They are fast and hard to tame - they love to summon more raptors which you can't tame and their spawn location can be quite "active" lol. It's worth taming one just to have fun down there, I had my partner along and it was hilarious fun :D From memory I think they have raptor pack instinct. I haven't trained a pair up to see what they're fully capable of, but I do think they're a cool pet to have. Just not one I imagine many players working with, because folks often tend towards the power house pets rather than simply fun hunting companions :)

Wenchy

Hattori Hanzo

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suppose I must go get a couple of these and see what they can do. I will report back in a couple months.

Ahmadi

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The high dex alone on this bad boys are a seller for me.

Looking at Hiryu damage output and compare it to them sure it is not even close, but it is like comparing apples an oranges. 4 slot vs 2 slot.

Now take 2 raptors add +25% damage increase on both of them the add 2 raptors for a minimum increase damage output of at least 33%. Now you have close to 60% damage increase which is close to shirty; however, the insane Dex amount on them makes each raptor overall damage comes to par so you are like sporting two Hiryus...heck worse case senario their fast hits in pvp will interrupt 99% Mage spells. Easy win and they can Tear through armour like it is not their plus twice the bleed attack stacking up.

Forget about it . Raptors FTW.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
2 Fire Steeds out damage 2 Raptors. Hell, against Fire-weak opponents 2 Fire Steeds can out damage a Greater Dragon. Fire Steeds are squishy as hell though. Bake Kitsunes work better for interrupting Mage spells in PvP, due to their "Rage" ability and spellcasting. Raptors don't have Bleed Attack, and Bleed Attack doesn't stack.

Ahmadi

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Maybe other uber pets take down raptors well. But I stick by my raptors cause they have been known to tear shreds out of most mobs, I had them take down a greater down in destard dungeon without peacek discord, or prov. Sure I bandaged like crazy but I did it. They have bleed attack if check uo.stratics.com or uoguide.com. Anyways they are different pets for different situation.

I use raptors to take down high tanked mobs. They are not for crowd control but they can hold themselves against 4 slot'ers no problem.

Take what you get. They are fast, hit fast, and damage well. I like them and they are kind prehistoric looking lol. Plus they do have decent strength and resist over all.

Peace all

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah its a shame about them, i tried with them but they weren't all that good. Its a shame about alot of pets really.

But if you didn't know, Mesanna said at the dev meet and greet on Europa that next year they will be revamping pets so more are useful etc again. So hopefully they will be improved or they make the big T Rex tamable which would make my day :p

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you get two raptors, you need a frenzied ostard to complete the look.