• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are old, unused AoS codes still redeemable?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I bought a few old Ultima games, and one was an unopened Age of Shadows expansion. The disc has the codes for both new and existing accounts, is it still possible to use these? At the very least can I still get gametime from the 30 day code, or is it possible to get an AoS item (the clothes/roses)?

I bought it bc I collect old games (got an AWESOME complete Ultima VI at same time), but seeing it unopened made me think the codes might still be useable.

Anyone tried this?

Tyrtle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not sure about the codes, but I believe we received the AOS Clothes and roses due to all the reverts and problems during those times. So I don't think you will get those.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I bought a few old Ultima games, and one was an unopened Age of Shadows expansion. The disc has the codes for both new and existing accounts, is it still possible to use these? At the very least can I still get gametime from the 30 day code, or is it possible to get an AoS item (the clothes/roses)?

I bought it bc I collect old games (got an AWESOME complete Ultima VI at same time), but seeing it unopened made me think the codes might still be useable.

Anyone tried this?
I used to buy those unsealed games back in day for the gametime codes and even after almost 5 years they still worked, not sure they would ever expire :)

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Think AoS clothes gifts was for pre order.
Also AoS is included in the "standard" uo sub now.

So it will probably work, but unless some goodies with it, not much reason i guess.

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think it would hurt to try. I wonder if the new account code comes with any free gametime....

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
New account code has 30 day gametime with it, I wonder if the codes are either/or kinda thing. I guess I'll have to bring up account management and just try it *shudder*

nextwindow

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Let us know if you try to redeem the codes what happens. I have an Ultima Online "the Eighth Age" box unopened. I didn't want to open it unless I knew I could get the gifts.

Mayhem

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let us know if you try to redeem the codes what happens. I have an Ultima Online "the Eighth Age" box unopened. I didn't want to open it unless I knew I could get the gifts.
you get the tokens, not sure about the game time, just opened an 8th age a month or so ago. Not sure I would open the AoS...some one on here just had a post about buying certain unopened versions of UO

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the 30 day gametme code will deffo work...the aos gift code should but im not 100%

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The code in the box is probably still working but almost useless...

1) You can use the code to upgrade an existing account to AoS, which is useless since all accounts already have this expansion.

2) You can try to redeem the code in-game to get a promotional item, but that probably won't work. The promotional item included with AoS was the Hooded Shroud of Shadows which was only for preorders, and the codes stopped giving Shrouds shortly after release.

3) The AoS codes have nothing to do with the "I survived the AoS launch" gifts (clothes/roses). Those gifts were given a few publishes later, as an apology to all accounts that were active during the AoS launch. An AoS account created today won't get the gifts.

4) The code probably still works to create a new account with 30 days of game time included. But you can't apply the 30 days to an existing account.

Anyway, try it and let us know what happens...

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder how many promo codes are still sitting in registers or back rooms at Gamestop etc ?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I put the code in for existing accounts. It accepted the code but no extra game time appeared. Oh well...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmmm, I don't remember buying A0S. Isn't that the one that we just woke up one morning and it patched? Forced to take it? Since it was free, probably wouldnt ahve any gametime with it as tight as these rascals are lol

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well, I put the existing account code in, it took it but didn't add time.

I then tried the new user code, that workedalso, but no AoS item gifts. So I guess I have a third account for the next thirty days :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hmmm, I don't remember buying A0S. Isn't that the one that we just woke up one morning and it patched? Forced to take it? Since it was free, probably wouldnt ahve any gametime with it as tight as these rascals are lol
No we bought it in-fact I bought 2 of them... Still have them. It did come with a code for a new account... 30 day code... I do remember that as that's how I got my 3rd account. Started by telling myself I was just going to use it for 30 days for some RP plot holding a house for a wee bit... yeah... years later still have the account... it's never been turned off.

I also have a poster from AoS signed by most of the DEV's at the time and another signed by the artist. Got it at a Meet and Greet that the DEVs used to do when they used to go around to other places rather than you going to them... only they never showed but they sent loads of goodies... was awesome.

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the 30 day gametme code will deffo work...the aos gift code should but im not 100%
I put the code in for existing accounts. It accepted the code but no extra game time appeared. Oh well...
It was always like this.
You had a code for upgrading an existing account (no 30 days gametime).
You had a code for CREATING a NEW account (30 days free included).
So not really a surprise here.

IIRC as a new player you had to use both codes, first create a new one then upgrade (but not 100% sure about that)

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
All UO games gave 30 days code for new or upgrading acc If I remember right.
10th Anniversary edition box, gave some shadow deco I think, will need to check box at home