• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are Macers worth it?

Dj Fayte

Visitor
So I remember back in the day macers were actually worth it so I decided to try and level one. Here are my thoughts on a template

Mace Fighting 120
Anatomy 120
Tactics 120
Healing 120
Parry 120
Chiv or Necro 120

Not good a throwing templates together but this makes sense to me.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
What is it for? PvM? PvP? Spawns? Peerless?... etc.

Generally speaking I'd say go with 120 Chivalry, there's no point in having 120 Necro.

Most dexxer builds are built around which special moves you're going to use, which determines the weapons, which determines the SSI/Stam requirements, which determine the jewels which determine what's possible skill wise. Or what you're intending to kill with it. For PvM on a Macer it pretty much comes down to Whirlwind and AI.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Not a bad template - I concur with Lord God... stick with Chivalry over Necro, unless you were set on doing Vamp Form.

Personally, I had a Macer for a while who I simply wasn't getting much use out of so I turned him back over to Swords instead. Let us know how it turns out.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Stagger is a very solid mastery and 100% elemental mauls can pack quite the punch.
My Macer is pretty much my favourite dexxer to play in-game. Hammer picks are good for AI, albeit a bit slow. War axes also have AI and are a much faster, so you might consider using them instead. I tend to prefer Hammer picks for the AI/Mortal combo.
Now, the two handed weapon selection is kinda poor for a macer, but since you don't have bushido there, you are better off with a maul/hammer pick/war axe and a shield anyway.

But go with chivalry over necro, for sure.

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you plan on doing spawns, you should consider makeing a sampire.
Macing arent that bad, but your weapon options is very limited, and as mentioned here, most of the weapons are kinda slow.