• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are LBODs still worth it? Maybe not.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
For smithing and tailoring, the answer is probably no. It can depend on what exact prize you want I suppose, but in general, I'd say no.

For instance, I just looked into the following LBOD:
15 exceptional Ringmail, copper ingots.

This gives 725 points still (25 for 15 count, 200 for exceptional, 300 for copper, 200 for being a ring LBoD), or 145 if banked.

Now, each individual component would give 525 points (25 for 15 count, 200 for exceptional, 300 for copper). That means each component would bank 105 points.

So... you can either turn it in as an LBoD for 725, or you bank all 4 of the smalls for 420 points.

BUT WAIT... What if you bank 3 of them for 315, and then turn in the 4th now for 525, so you get 840.

This seems a bit broken - turning in the components of an LBOD individually shouldn't be possible to get a reward than if you turned in the LBOD filled.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Your math is off. WAY off.

those 525 point small BODs only bank as 10.5, not 105.

Small BODs have an apparent turn in ratio of 50/1
Large BODs, on the other hand, appear to have a turn in ratio of 5/1

At least, based on my pulls today.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For smithing and tailoring, the answer is probably no. It can depend on what exact prize you want I suppose, but in general, I'd say no.

This gives 725 points still (25 for 15 count, 200 for exceptional, 300 for copper, 200 for being a ring LBoD), or 145 if banked.

Now, each individual component would give 525 points (25 for 15 count, 200 for exceptional, 300 for copper). That means each component would bank 105 points.

So... you can either turn it in as an LBoD for 725, or you bank all 4 of the smalls for 420 points.

BUT WAIT... What if you bank 3 of them for 315, and then turn in the 4th now for 525, so you get 840.

This seems a bit broken - turning in the components of an LBOD individually shouldn't be possible to get a reward than if you turned in the LBOD filled.
You CAN NOT add banked points to BOD Points that you claim on the spot. You may want to go to TC and work on doing BODs.

AND to answer your question, YES LBODs give you the bigger bang for the bucks.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Your math is off. WAY off.

those 525 point small BODs only bank as 10.5, not 105.

Small BODs have an apparent turn in ratio of 50/1
Large BODs, on the other hand, appear to have a turn in ratio of 5/1

At least, based on my pulls today.
Ah-ha. I missed a decimal point then. I did check a sBOD, a 10 normal weapon, and it must have offered me 0.2 and not 2.0 points.

This is good that it incentivizes LBODs then, at least for banking of points purposes.

You CAN NOT add banked points to BOD Points that you claim on the spot..
I didn't try to add an immediate to the bank on the spot. This is good. I would have done some more thorough testing, but I had a limited amount of time in which I wanted to both 1) fiddle around a bit and 2) write the post, so I could only be so thorough on both counts.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've already claimed 6 val runics from my normal lbods.... so um yeah the banking thing is the right way to go on the normal lbods. Even the weapon ones can help with Reaching 1200

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
What do you use Val runics to make? I've burned thousands of charges of them on TC, and found them to be just too random to get what I was looking for.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

small bods are banked at 2%, large bods at 20%, banked points can't be stacked with regular turn in points, and all this information, plus quite a lot more can be found by reading this page: Bulk Orders