• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Archery Questions!

Andyf

Adventurer
Hello,

I've recently returned to the game after a very, very long time of not playing and just had a few questions in terms of getting up to speed.

I'm currently running an ABC archer with the following template:

120 Tactics (10+ from soldiers)
120 Anat
120 Archery (5+ Desp Quiver)
95 Chiv
80 Bushido
100 Resist Spells
90 Healing

My suit consists of the following pieces:
Crimson Cinc
Soldier's Medal
Mace + Shields
Despic Quiver
Corgals

As for the rest of my pieces they all run max resists with +stam +mana +HCI +LMC etc.

As for my bows I'm currently using composite bows with HML/HSL/Slayer and Magic Shorts with HML/HSL/Slayer for the appropriate creatures that I'm fighting.

All in all my stats work out to 132STR/150DEX/70 Mana and 134HP/190stam/70 Mana.

Questions:

I was hoping someone could help me out with itemizing my character to be able to do champ spawns as well as hopefully peerless. I'm currently trying to solo BT captains and having varying results. My current tactics include using EoO where necessary, consecrate up, divine fury if stam happens to drop and chaining armor ignore.

I'm just curious whether my weapon selections are right..... I can't seem to find many bows on atlantic for sale and honestly I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for - Do I want specific ele damage dependent on creature? Is my template even viable?

Anyways - hopefully someone can answer my questions and thanks for your time.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
It's a solid and viable build.

Shouldn't have any problem with Champion Spawns.

For BT captains use Hit Lightning, when it triggers it effectively makes the weapons do slayer damage (for some silly reason).

For peerless, Dreadhorn/Mel use the Fey bow, for Paroxysmus' it'll counter attack ranged anyway by teleporting you, Shimmering will probably light you up unless you can deplete it's mana with Hit Mana Drain, probably find Grizzle and Travesty hard. Stygian Dragon you should easily be able to kill, though be aware that it counter attacks so you'll need to unequip your weapon at times. Medusa too though I'd use a Heavy Crossbow for her and Lightning Strike, to reduce the amount of hits needed to kill and therefore counter attacks.

You can always add some life leech to your weapons though on ranged weapons maximum leeches are halved so it'll never be as optimum as a melee build. Most people soloing things are using melee over ranged though ranged is better in some cases.

As most dexxer builds are pretty similar setups you could stone Archery off for Swords if you needed Whirlwind for example. I use a Thrower and Momentum Strike/Hit Area is good for spawns.

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have a very similar archer and agree it's a solid template. I assume you've got swing speed increase on the bows? You'll want 45 ssi with your >180 stam to swing at 1.5 seconds.
It's a long fight but you can also solo the slasher of veils easily with your set up.

Last edited:

Andyf

Adventurer
Good to hear.

All my bows have SSI/HML/HSL/Slayers and a few general bows which consist of magic shortsbows with similar mods and a few general bows which are SSI/HML/HSL/Hit Lightning and elemental damage.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Here are listed bows you need:
Melee Archer

You need 60 SSI and 150 stamina to get 1.5 sec with a Composite (AI). You need 35 SSI and 150 stamina to get 1.25 sec with a Yumi (DS). So you need 25 SSI on your suit. The easiest way to get it - is DF with 120 Chivalry. But you also can have 2x10 jewels and 5 city bonus.