• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Archery Gain

Belshazzar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question - starting to add archery to a template and wanted to know best way to train it up, is melee skills difficult based or just hours and hours of use to gm them? Also can i set up to train archery by using a dagger with use best weapon skill to save on arrows? I greatly appreciate any input.

V/r
Belszy

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UBW doesn't work for archery or it didn't long time ago. I always just bought a bunch of arrows from the Ish gypsy camps and then accepted the New Haven quest to get to 50 real quick, then either to one of the graveyards such as Moonglow's or the first set of slimes at the fire island entrance to the Abyss. Those will get you to mid-60's pretty easy and then if your in the Abyss entrance, you can move over to the acid slimes which will get into the mid 90's. After that, then you can either continue with the slime (the tactic gains stop around 96) or you can move to bashing golem, or killing things such as the trogs. I usually use a fast magical shortbow.

Ganesh89

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
acid slugs should get you all the way to 120, at least with throwing it works that way....since it's just another melee skill i am pretty sure it works with archery as well....but i suggest you use a golem after you hit 80 or so (can use ring and brac. to get there as well) and a repeating 100 poison x-bow...this should get you to 120 in 5-6 hours

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Use best weapon does not work for archery or throwing. Slugs and golems are your best bet. Although after GM you should be good to go for actually fighting for gains. Of course you missed the best system for gains which are the giant turkeys.

Mirt

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any time if you need help on your suit just ICQ me.

DarknessDemona

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a golemt But I keep Hurting it had to stop when I had it half health.. Got a 100% poison xbow.. why is it getting hurt so bad?

Eric Ravenwind

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can confirm using Acid Slugs up to 120.0 Archery. I just did it from 115.0 - 120.0. Used 3 Repeating X-Bows, about 10k bolts, and 4 hours.