Archers

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Do archers ruin this game

• yes

Votes: 21 53.8%
  • no

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters
R

Rand Al

no it is not the archers fault that they are given a silver spoon in pvp blame the devs!

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 23, 2009
no it is not the archers fault that they are given a silver spoon in pvp blame the devs!
This post pretty much /'s the thread.

/Thread. :stir:

Set It Off, you never respond to your IM's you *******!

S

SUPRsalad

archers are WAY way over powered. Theres not much room for argument here. They need a new damage cap. .

G

Gellor

While I think the Devs screw up a lot of things, I put more blame on the players who were "weak willed" enough to play a gimped out archer:stir:

I PvP a mage 90% of the time if not more and most of the chars on my "PvP" account are mages(mostly in work) When I do break out my "archer" it is when I'm scouting spawns or my GF is using my "PvP" account.:rant2:

I may play a mage badly but at least that's what I'm playing:mf_prop:

R

Rumpelstiltskin

i think they just need to add .5 seconds to every bow

Tetricyde

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 27, 2009
Not to steal the thread... but, Gellor...

When you gonna message me back about the guild? Thought you were interested?

R

Rand Al

You look at it archers are the only temp that can hit someone on the move they also hit the hardest thank you devs. And having all types of temps i noticed the archer hit allot more than even a bush dexer and the dexer has more hld on it and the archer was the easier to play. Between the hc and the fast hard hits they are gimp. I even took on a tamer 1vs1 with a dread on my archer and thanks to the devs making archery uber i killed the dred the 3 tailed fox and the tamer on while on foot!
If any temp is overpowered i blame the devs for not doing there jobs and testing it.

Kaleb

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
I have not been playing due to the abundance of archers, Dread mare gimps, and the many who use 3rd party apps (speeders/Scripts). People who wish they had skills and too lazy to work on em, but resort to gimp temps/Speeders, Scripts to win = a bad thing for UO PvP. Soon enough, just the few will be in one guild skipping from screen to screen with no one to say All kill to or chase with a heavy x bow.

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 8, 2009
Cali'
speeders are not my issue, nether are scripts, most people acctually do not use them in pvp people THINK they do because they are "better then you"

but Dread tamers are not my problem ether, i dont play one but its rather easy to take one out of a fight. archers on the other hand with 3 second heals and 50 ep hitting you for 50 ai's after all mods hits,, that sir is a huge issue.

S

SUPRsalad

Theres a way to mess up every template, if done correctly, on a mage, except archers.. Pretty much, they were the only template that was completely un-face-able..

R

RichDC

Sorry, dont play pacific...

This poll should be in uhall...

It needs to be addressed...but, you need to add another option because its not as simple as yes or no. The moving shot[speedhacking]disarm archers are the worst hybrid template ever to exist[wasnt here for WOD archers btw].

Moving shot needs to be worked on, i dont know how...but it does. The actual damage for an archer i can handle, its the times when you have 4+ and all they do is go for a disarm then chase you all moving shot.

(throw a dismount dread tamer in the mix and well...nuff said!)

On a side note something ive just realised...

Name as many gimp overpowered templates as you can, then look how many contain archery?!?

Surely if one skill is the main in most overpowered templates, its an indication the skill itself is overpowered?

S

SUPRsalad

Yeah, its archery in general, and frankly, I think its the bows.. I agree with ky, they need to slow down their ssi.

S

SUPRsalad

ALso, yes, Set, why don't you put this as a PETITION in UHaul? You can put it as a poll still, but I think thats annoying because you're always going to get about half the voters (who, most likely, play only archers) come in and vote against you without actually JUSTIFYING what it is they are voting for. They just vote against you, and bail. With a petition, you can at least argue with their response. . .

S

SUPRsalad

wait, heres an idea...

rather than nerfing archers, which Im sure they would screw up anyways, why don't they just fix reflect physical? blood oath + Reflect = dead archer. . .

Of coarse, you'd have to sacrifice some MR and some HPI to get a good suit for this, I think it would be worth it just to see archers literally drop themselves..

R

Rand Al

To fix ai spam and movingshot spam make it cost more mana. A mage cannot spam fs 10 times so why can my archer spam ai 10 times? moving shot hell i can do that all day. Even dexers with ai and good mods on a wep can spam ai for 35-50 damage depending on what is on the wep every .5 sec. Archers do not get fizzled ether most archers cry that mages never miss well what is fizzling? mages cannot heal on the run archers can so you get one combo off on a archer and they amazingly miss 3 times zoom pot chug heal return repeat tell they get a few good ais off in a row!

Istoli/Anubis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jan 30, 2008
add marksmanship skill

make them give up more skill points for archery..bahaha.

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 8, 2009
Cali'
ill only re post it on the Uhall if you guys promise to keep posting on this as well on here. i like to see pac's ideas not just other shards. :heart:

S

SUPRsalad

some one else take over that thread im not dealing with their bull****.
I'd be glad to. . . I thrive on trolls that criticize others spelling/grammar abilities, but lack their own.. I'll get it back on topic..

edit: gotta have something to have my coffee with..

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 23, 2009
S

SUPRsalad

Thing is... these threads will quickly get burnt out or locked. There have been many of these "Archer Online" threads.
Seems like this is affecting tons of players, so we may be hopeful a nerf amongst the archers will occur.
Go look at that quote I just pulled from an ea/mythic authority.. Posted it on set's Uhaul thread. Seems pretty bleak that y'all can EXPECT the SAME quality of support, that you've always had..

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 8, 2009
Cali'
Go look at that quote I just pulled from an ea/mythic authority.. Posted it on set's Uhaul thread. Seems pretty bleak that y'all can EXPECT the SAME quality of support, that you've always had..
good job on putting that thread in the right direction gemma ^^

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 23, 2009
OOoooh boy..

"At Mythic, we remain committed to our games and the passionate people who play them – we're going to continue to deliver the content and service that keeps you playing," Hickman writes. "We want to assure our community that we will maintain the same high level of customer support you've come to expect and continue to improve our games with an exciting schedule of patches, live events and new content."

ssssooo.... basically, NOTHING has, or WILL EVER, be changed, and now they have an even smaller staff to NOT do it with too.. Awesome..

I laughed.. Hahaha

S

SUPRsalad

GOD its frustrating in there. . . I am so sick of these people..

"Well, I'm an archer, and I think you should put parry and wrestle on your template''

or

"well, I primarily play an archer, and you should get with the times and make....
AN ARCHER!"

are the only two arguments I've heard so far, and like 50 people voted 'archers are fine the way they are' . .

Thats so annoying.. Its like, if you think its so fine, then grow some balls and explain yourself.. oh wait, whats that? You can't, in good conscience and without sounding like a moron, do that? hmmmmm.....

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
I don't think you all realize the real issue at hand here...for years and years, EA has done nothing but nerf templates. In my opinion, it has taken a lot of flavor out of this game. You need to stop asking for nerfs and start asking for buffs to other templates. The solution is not making archers less powerful, it is making mages and perhaps other classes more powerful. If they were to do such a thing, the game might start being fun again.

S

SUPRsalad

Specificity, Chad. .

EXACTLY, what would you 'buff'?

If they ever give mages 3/6 casting, im coming back.

S

SUPRsalad

oh em gee, you guys, i just had to bring this here.

I didn't want to say anything in sets uhaul thread, cus they would probably lock it up, but seriously, read this you guys:

"""Incorrect and another commonly held falsehood. If you stoos still and fired at a Chest piece from 10 paces you MIGHT have a chance. And please remember, wearing plate entails wearing supporting garments underneath (Gambelsol, arming jacket, ring harness and/or whatever else.)

The English longbow allowed extended engagement ranges which allowed the mounts to struck or the lightly armed footmet to be hurt or killed. This led to the piles of carnage littering the battlefield.

Now special tipped arrowheads would work, such as the Frogmouth (Google it), but again, they we useful against Laquered armor (being originally Asian in fielding) NOT terrible effective against forged and folded, rolled 16 gauge steel.

The best way to prove this is to go look up "Historical Armor Penetration" on Google. If you just enter armor penetration you get a bunch of gaming BS.

As for the shipping the bow abroad, that is again a fallicy. It took years to adequately train an English Longbow archer. The bows were destined for English troops not exported as would a modern arms dealer. Presentism is a historical trap. There is a vast amount of historical documentation supporting this so I will repeat it all here. Just the strength to fully and properly draw an English Long bow was vastly more significant than most of the population at the time possesed. For it not only drawing the bow, it is holding the draw at the correct depth vice range. And holding it until the command of "release" in order for the arrows to -mass- on the target at a given range.

A single arrow had an extremely low percentage change of striking a given target over 100 meters. Of course some of the masters of the time were better. But 300 Yards? Highly dubious if not downright silly. That was why they were released in masses.

As an aside, arrows were not fired from bow as gunpowder was not used as in a warfare application in Europe until the Battle o Crecy in 1346. History note complete.""

what an arrogant, pompous, nerd. . . Seriously, can you just FEEL how much better than us he is? GOD I hate people like this.. I mean seriously, hes like comic-book guy.. He probably knows the first 50 digits of PI by heart. . . What a d-bag..

K.. I feel better now.

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Specificity, Chad. .

EXACTLY, what would you 'buff'?

If they ever give mages 3/6 casting, im coming back.
Actually implement an old idea that using reagents adds a 10% sdi bonus.

Remove the need for 80 dex with parrying.

I would also like to see specials be able to be toggled while holding a spell. Perhaps casting still untoggles the special, but you should be able to re-toggle it while holding a spell cursor.

**Apple timer moved from 15 seconds to 45-60. Implement enchanted peach that can be used every 15 seconds, but only removes mortal wound.**

S

SUPRsalad

Actually implement an old idea that using reagents adds a 10% sdi bonus.

Remove the need for 80 dex with parrying.

I would also like to see specials be able to be toggled while holding a spell. Perhaps casting still untoggles the special, but you should be able to re-toggle it while holding a spell cursor.

**Apple timer moved from 15 seconds to 45-60. Implement enchanted peach that can be used every 15 seconds, but only removes mortal wound.**
1. Whats the difference between that and just 'not-toggle off'? Screw un-toggling specials at all. I miss the old special combos. That in and of itself would make a big difference.
2. enchanted peach..really? come on..

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
1. Whats the difference between that and just 'not-toggle off'? Screw un-toggling specials at all. I miss the old special combos. That in and of itself would make a big difference.
2. enchanted peach..really? come on..
Having to re-toggle a special after casting, at least offers some sort of PvP challenge. It was talentless and boring when people would just spam MA FB with bleed toggled. It's like meeting in the middle.

If you could not remove mortal more than every 60 seconds, you would see archers becoming even more over powered than they ever were. So yes, it's important to have an item that can remove mortal.

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 8, 2009
Cali'
keep enchanted apples how they are, otherwise you'll have thesue kids blood oath spamming 24/7 kinda trashy if you ask me

P

Paul From Atl

if your are goin to want to change how archers are.. then you need to change how 120 resist does really nothin for resisting mages spells.. it goes both ways.. ya you might resist a poison or 2 but other than that 120 resist is a joke

KalVasTENKI

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 23, 2009
if your are goin to want to change how archers are.. then you need to change how 120 resist does really nothin for resisting mages spells.. it goes both ways.. ya you might resist a poison or 2 but other than that 120 resist is a joke
Yeah, it's only critical when you're getting para spammed by 3-4 mages.. Other than that, there's no benefits.

M

McVie

So lesser hit points and, dex and mana dont matter? Maybe mana vamp or para, maybe sleep or purge magic? None of this is worth having resist?

SetItOff

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sep 8, 2009
Cali'
i think 120 resist is needed on all temps thats just my idea.. boxes can only go so fast and sleep is a half a second spell to cast..