• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

archer templates

A

Abies Aduro

i never have pvp' ed before and i want to make an archer char

ill be mostly pvping with friends so i want to know how best to make a support template or stealth archer template

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Here's a good PvP archer template:

120 Archery
115 Resist
110 Tactics
110 Anatomy
100 Healing
80 Meditation
75 Chivalry

Build your suit around the following: rune beetle carapace, spirit of the totem, totem of the void (or conjurer's trinket). Your armor must be over 60 for poison and over 75 for fire (corpse proof). The remaining armor, look for mana regen, lmc, and stamina increase.

Use balanced bows for pots (though, the new publish makes this less effective). Also, do the spellweaving quest to use basic weaving spells (possible because humans have 20 innate points in every skill).

B

Balian of Asgard

Here's a good PvP archer template:

120 Archery
115 Resist
110 Tactics
110 Anatomy
100 Healing
80 Meditation
75 Chivalry

Build your suit around the following: rune beetle carapace, spirit of the totem, totem of the void (or conjurer's trinket). Your armor must be over 60 for poison and over 75 for fire (corpse proof). The remaining armor, look for mana regen, lmc, and stamina increase.

Use balanced bows for pots (though, the new publish makes this less effective). Also, do the spellweaving quest to use basic weaving spells (possible because humans have 20 innate points in every skill).
whats the new pub that makes pots less effective?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Not published yet except on test. Makes you build immunity to certain pots - heal and cure, I think.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

ill be mostly pvping with friends so i want to know how best to make a support template or stealth archer template
I highly recommend the Archery FAQ: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=31292

Additionally there is this link: http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=113447

Both discuss similar as well as different Archery PvP templates. Out of all that plethora of information though, you will ultimately have to decide what tactics you like BEST for killing someone.

i.e.

Do you like surprise?
Do you like confrontation?
Do you like disruption?
Do you like keeping your range and just plucking the enemy from afar with a barrage of attacks?
Do you like a combination of spellcasting and bow shooting?

Depending on which of those and a few others I can't think of for descriptors, that will dictate what you do.

Common themes include having 90 tactics or more AND archery skill that adds up to 120. Some people will say 110 or 115 is fine, but for PvP you would like to make sure that you give yourself the BEST possible chance to hit your target.

A good dexxer...you will normally have only ONE good opportunity to take them out. If you mess up and you don't have GOOD tactics...you will be toast.

A stealth archer in most cases will resign you to a support role anyways, unless your tactics are pretty good. i.e. great weapon combos, mixing up what you do so you don't become predictable and a variety of weaponry to help support your cause.

B

Balian of Asgard

I am a very infactuated person, I have a stealth archer, a tank archer and a tamer archer.

I can stand toe to toe with alot of bushido parry dexxers, necro mages and 3-4 v ones with my tank archer.
depending upon your skill level and grade of weapons, this template can hurt people.

My dread mare archer template is still being ironed out, it has its possibilities.

However,

My stealther is the most fun, for me, to play.
He sneaks up and geys kill shots, he dismounts mofos for the team and poofs into thin air, he can scout spawns.

Once again, template is a big piece of the puzzle, but UO has turned into an item driven game, if you have superior weapons that the other archer who has the same template and same skill as you, your weapons and suit (mods very important) will decide who lives or dies.