• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Archer template for t hunting

bigjoe25

Visitor
Just bought my 7th char slot and I figured I'd make a t hunter. I dont have an archer so I figured I'd make one.

100 carto (put on skill stone after decoding maps)
100 lockpicking
100 mining (this can free up the mining slot on my mule so I can get bow craft on him instead)
120 archer
120 tactics
120 chiv
80 anatomy
80 healing

I'll use telekinesis scrolls made by my scribe to get rid of the trap.

How good of a template is this? I want to be able to solo all level t maps. What problems will I run into? Will not having resist be a problem?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I think it's doable. When the chest pops, use an invis potion and run a screen away, then come back and take out the monsters one by one. If you're planning on soloing L6 and L7, I'd suggest going to Destard and practicing on the greater dragons. When you can solo the GDs in a crowded room, then you're ready for a t-hunt.

I don't find Resist necessary. I don't have it on any of my PVM characters. You'll need several slayer bows (demon, dragon, etc) and swap them out as needed, depending on what pops up. Something with Armor Ignore or Double Shot is a bonus.

You might find the lack of magery a bother; after a lot of t-hunts, I've built up a mini rune library to minimize all the running around. If you get a chest location on one of the islands, you'll have to take a boat (I had to the first time), but then the 2nd time you'll still have to take a boat. A mage would simply mark a rune there.