• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] "Arcane Robe"

S

siyeng0

A bit of background here: back when Daemon Berserkers were spawning, one spawned in Oceania New Haven – as a bug, presumably – and, to the delight of stealth looters everywhere, it killed Sir Helper the Professions Guide. His corpse was able to be looted; it yielded his robe and cloak. I’m not sure how many were obtained, but I came into possession of one. It is a very bright blue robe which looks like a normal albeit vivid arcane robe in the pack – I’ve enclosed a picture of the robe lying on the floor, and also of my character wearing it – and is labeled simply “Arcane Robe.” There are no charges and it can’t be used in lieu of reagents.

Is this rare or worth anything?

Attachments

L

Lunaticus

Dude, I'm worthless when it comes to the value department, but that's freakin cool! :love:

S

siyeng0

Dude, I'm worthless when it comes to the value department, but that's freakin cool! :love:
Haha, that’s okay, I have no idea what things cost either! I keep pestering this forum trying to get prices for perfectly common items, which is rather embarrassing.
It’s quite a fetching robe, isn’t it? I like to ponce around the bank in it. It makes me feel festive. I only wish I had a matching handbag.

P

PoCove

I would actually like to know as i have a set of these as well ..

Mine are on Oceania

N

Nh'bdy

Unaware of rarity of these, but am buying them for RP purposes. Currently on ATL, anyone selling?

S

sapphirediablo11

If anyone has them on LS i am also interested in getting one, also for RPing, although the community is still small :(

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Actually, since that particular robe doesn't have charges (player crafted ones do and turn death robe color when at 0 charges) you may have something decent on your hands.

S

siyeng0

Actually, since that particular robe doesn't have charges (player crafted ones do and turn death robe color when at 0 charges) you may have something decent on your hands.
Yes, that's what I suspected. Unfortunately I don't know how many were looted - I'm thinking that there may have been about fifteen, twenty robes (and maybe as many cloaks; his arcane cloak dropped too, and it is the same as his robe except that it's dark grey and not as dazzling in appearance) but I can't be entirely sure.

Nobody except for POCove, who plays on the same shard as me, have stepped forward and claimed that they also looted robes and cloaks. I'm assuming that the bug only occurred on Oceania and, therefore, this is quite a rare.

So to people who've messaged me or replied to this thread wanting to buy the robe, I'm afraid that I can't sell it just yet because I'm rather tight-fisted and want to see what I've actually got before I throw it away. So until I find out what it's actually worth, they're on sale for three hundred million gp each!

(Also, to the guy who plays the cryomancer, I'm really sorry. That sounds like a wonderful character concept and the robe would be perfect for it!)

S

siyeng0

Oh, and one more thing: the robe is non-functional. It can't be used instead of reagents; it's purely decorative. (But how decorative it is!)

N

Nh'bdy

It's alright, I can understand the ideal set of keeping the item. I believe the cloth is just Glacial. I was on the special test center, Draconi's playground, whatever it was called, and that NPC exploded ever 15 seconds, he was looted, and I took the robes and cute them into Glacial cloth. Maybe I can round up some Slime Cloth on ATL. Enjoy your search for true value, ahhh, the joys of junking. *pats his rainbow of A Welcome*

S

siyeng0

*bumps crossly*

So, can nobody even give me a rough estimate as to whether this is worth anything?

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Honestly no clue on value.
It's a mouse-over rare which hurts it a little..
Not knowing how many exist makes it even harder to price.
Best you can do is take offers and see what kinda offers you get!