• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

April TotM

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, whoever the mod is for this forum, they need to clear this thread of all this senseless trolling so we can get back to the topic of this thread.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Well, whoever the mod is for this forum, they need to clear this thread of all this senseless trolling so we can get back to the topic of this thread.
*smiles* Mods are odd. They even sleep. I don't... if you would like to apply do so.
Until then...

S

Sweeney

And to answer your question Touzoko...i'm going to go out on a limb and say ohmyGED won March haha. It's just a matter of choosing which was his best steal. Start a poll for March, list the steals (there's a lot for ohmyGED, so maybe you should take his best 3 steals and put them up there with the others), and let everyone vote for which they think is best.
I tend to think only the best one steal per person would be good. Someone else may win with one steal simply due to the person with two steals split between them having more votes.

Maybe it's just me, but without a nice story.. it's just a grab. I rechecked the TOTM thread(half-heartedly) and I'd nominate myself for the boat(ego +1) and OhmyGED for his drunken grab (the guy who joyrided in a boat had a nice tale but nothing was actually taken). OhmyGED's other grabs may have been nice to the people on that shard, but I always thought it was about entertainment for all. And as a non-Atl player those were pretty weak as they did not relate to non-Atl thieves.

S

Shinobi

I tend to think only the best one steal per person would be good. Someone else may win with one steal simply due to the person with two steals split between them having more votes.
My bad...that's a good point. I think during january I had like 3 steals on the poll, and they were getting split. And yeah, as for ohmyGED's steals, I think the drunk story is tight lol.

S

Sweeney

On second thought allowing only one theft per person turns the idea into a Thief of the Month, not Theft of the Month.. but at the same time who wants a poll flooded with every single steal made.

Maybe Thief of the Month is a nice idea.. the person keeping the template alive (and most of all entertaining). Entertainment is the most important thing, not what was taken in my opinion.

[edit]
And to the mods, maybe take the voted theft and making a separate locked thread link to it.. that way people who see the list of winners will be able to see a non-cluttered record of how good it was.
[/edit]

S

Shinobi

Maybe Thief of the Month is a nice idea.. the person keeping the template alive (and most of all entertaining). Entertainment is the most important thing, not what was taken in my opinion.
Might be onto something. It would make voting 10x clearer on who to choose. Rather than having to pick between multiple items, some of which stolen by the same person, you just pick the thief you want.

T

Tazar

hmmm... seems like that might make it quantity over quality...

R

Robthemilt

Take it easy Sweeny. Give the new guys some time, not everyone can be as good as Petra in the first month. I mean hell, look at... just give them some time.

Anyway, no thefts this month? I might have to quit stealing katrinas crooks and sentinels guards if no one is making any big steals.

By the way, if your really bored, and the guys killing coon are too dumb to field it off, just by stealing bandages and potions you can render them useless...Poor Mentally Ill had to sit out the coon hidden in the corner. If only his necro mage buddy knew how to field. I must have *kicks him in the nuts* and ran 5 times.

Is there a video recording program that is legal? I'd love to record this stuff.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyway, no thefts this month? I might have to quit stealing katrinas crooks and sentinels guards if no one is making any big steals.
Funny, I decided to stop posting my steals due to amount of feedback based on my method of stealing.....seems like there isn't much else going on out there........very interesting.

For those I've talked to, a pleasure meeting you, I'm still doing my thing but choose to keep it to myself and a select few. Take it for what it is worth....it is what you choose to do with the skills you have in this profession that makes it enjoyable. Sorry if people don't "agree" with my method, but I actually enjoy stealing high end items from people based on my style on a production shard WITH INSURANCE. Some people enjoy "getting chased around," stealing whatever they can find aimlessly, playing on Siege, spawns, etc....but I enjoy making a living and profit (and for the past three months, I've hit roughly 800 mil) based on being a thief. All and all, I'm tired of hearing irrelevant crap and moaning from a certain few that do not agree with it.

Should be interesting to see how popular TOTM becomes....or not.

Enjoy.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So this one is learning lol. A poll you say? Very well, a poll there will be.

We all have mouths, and some use them more than they should. Use yours to ask me to address anything that I may have missed, or left unattended.

R

Robthemilt

GED, by letting yourself be pressured into silence and NOT flaunting the stupidity of your victims you are letting certain trolls win. We cant have that, DOMINATE APRIL.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There should be no argument on these points. There are differing opinions on what and what does not constitute stealing. This one has his own opinion, which he does not offer- since no one really cares! Each individual plays in the manner which seems best to him. As long as that manner does not violate in game mechanics or rules, it cannot be an action which I can opinionate on. It becomes the business of its creator.
There is one way only to play UO, and that is the way that brings you happiness. Hopefully, that manner will not bring others unhappiness, but in a pvp setting, that will happen on occasion anyway. Since this one does not pay anyone elses subscription to UO, he cannot dictate how they should play.
Nor should anyone else.
If an intelligent discussion occurs as to the pros or cons concerning what steals will be allowed, this one will allow it- on another thread. If trolling and argument insue, it will go poof.

K

Kiwillian

I have nothing against RP or gimmicks, but the people I've seen that do so know when to drop it. Also, I fail to see how I get to choose what you do :)

If you are discussing issues about this forum or moderation I don't know what your motivation for RPing it is and it just clouds the issue, imho. RPing a forum moderator perhaps? :lick:

No offense or anything, I just think there is a time and a place for RP and this isn't it.

:)

K

Kiwillian

I meant the post I was replying to, not the forum in general :)

K

Kiwillian

Well if you think people should moderate while sounding like a cross between the British royal family and Yoda rather than being clear and concise, so be it. :)

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if you think people should moderate while sounding like a cross between the British royal family and Yoda rather than being clear and concise, so be it. :)
I suppose if you really had an issue with the way he posts, you would have already taken to the PM box of the site administrators. If it bothers you so much, don't read the posts from him that aren't directly written to you.

It's actually a very easy thing...la

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have nothing against RP or gimmicks, but the people I've seen that do so know when to drop it. Also, I fail to see how I get to choose what you do :)

If you are discussing issues about this forum or moderation I don't know what your motivation for RPing it is and it just clouds the issue, imho. RPing a forum moderator perhaps? :lick:

No offense or anything, I just think there is a time and a place for RP and this isn't it.

:)
This one notes your opinion, and gives it all due regard it deserves.

Choose what I do? In regards to totm? If people wish to vote only on stealing using the stealing (pickpocketing skill) that that is fine.

S

Sweeney

Choose what I do? In regards to totm? If people wish to vote only on stealing using the stealing (pickpocketing skill) that that is fine.
Speaking for myself and several others that voiced an opinion over the months, a decent thieving story about an item and the aftermath is worth more than two pics of a nice item being grabbed.

The best part about being a thief is before the grab, the snatch, and the outcome. Not necessarily the item taken. That's just a bonus.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, that can be the difference between a good steal and a great steal.
Nezumi will be certain to make the links in next months- on time, of course.

S

Sweeney

More than two weeks and not one single noteworthy steal.....
I've been busy with school, and Siege has been especially slow. If it counts, I stole Red's Tower, with ~1200 ultra rare items (actually he gave it to me).

:sad4: