• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Apparently my house is condemned!

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have more than one account, but have not been playing for a while - decided to start again, so logged in on my 'main' and took a tour of my houses. All were still in good condition except one, which was in the very first stage of decay. That house is behind Yew abbey, on land that was legal for building, but changed in the tweaking with the town boundaries that went on with the current stage of the events, and was tagged 'illegally placed' as a result.

Went to the Gamecodes site, paid for gametime on that account, logged in a few minutes later - and discover that the house is now 'condemned'!

Now I don't mind losing a house to decay if I stop playing, but it looks like I'm losing this one to a boundary change that happened while I wasn't about, which is rather annoying to say the least....

Past experience talking to GMs about this sort of thing is not good... any suggestions where I raise the issue?

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First great to see your back. :danceb:

I am sad though about your house, I don't know who the best person to contact is about this but try asking the same question on UOHall, I'm sure someone there will.

Hope to see you soon
Flame

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
the prob will be if it falls it cannot be replaced if it is "improperly placed"?????

not the same footprint or size anyway

for what ever reason

you say you logged in, have you been away for 90 days or so to start the decay cycle? can you be sure you have not tinkered with ownership somehow, placed new exchanged etc, something you have done has triggered the decay timer somewhere.

in ANY case, you may have to transfer to another player and then back again, do you know, or TRUST anyone enough?

seems odd to me

i am a bit out of touch with housing issues

i am sure THP will arrive soon enough, he will prob be able to help

"waits"............................................

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you say you logged in, have you been away for 90 days or so to start the decay cycle?
On that account, would you believe it had been 'closed' for 92 days... just enough to make the decay start!

Were the place not in the revised guardzone, and thus 'illegally placed', there would be no problem. I can't easily transfer it between my accounts since the others have houses on them, and of course those would start their own decay cycle (as well as losing the 'freinded' statuses!), and I'd need to reainstall UO on another PC so I could be logged in on two accounts to do the transfers... all told it might make things much more complicated than they are already. :blushing:

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had a house start decaying on a recently reactivated account also - I paged a GM about it and they told me not to worry, as the housing server updates in cycles of around 12 hours so if an account is reactivated it may take a cycle or two for the housing server to catch up. If you log in tomorrow and the house is still condemned, try opening the front door as that should refresh it. If not, I would take your chances and call a GM :)

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok well you may find then tomorrow it will be "refreshed" as it take a day to sort it after you start paying

although i am offically "quit" i am running a temp acct (having a look around, oh and trying to get a script miner in fel banned............blah, blah

i am unsure of the housing rules but i have a week to go so if you "trust" and remember Jack Flash, aka Earle as i am running now, you could transfer the house to me, then i could trade it back (not sure on trade delays if any due to changes)

if it is a over 90 day decay rule you should be fine tomorrow now that you are paying again, anything else this transfer may help may help

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i will try to contact THP to get his views aswell he may well have a theory

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
could be a case of just reactivated accounts do take over 24 hours to refresh houses...

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
could be a case of just reactivated accounts do take over 24 hours to refresh houses...
I'm hoping so, still a bit early to tell for sure. As of today, still condemned and decaying after this morning's server up, I'll probably only know for sure if it's collapsing by Sunday morning.

Kas Valentine

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I looked after the account of a friend who reactivated (this would have been a few weeks ago) and when it became live again their house was condemned and "slightly worn". I also had people ready to help swap the house over and back again but after a 24 hour period the house reverted to auto refresh. Thanks to Wenchkin for finding that information too (about the time it takes for housing servers to refresh) otherwise I'd have gone kerrrrrrrrrazy.

So hopefully you should be back in action soon Aure !
*crosses fingers and toes*

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good news (for me anyway!), a few minutes ago the house went from condemned to 'automatically refreshed', so now all I have to do is move everything back in and refurnish! :beer:

Barian

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wooo.................Revolving Door still draggin em in !!

*reaches for oil can*