• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Apology, introduction, and questions

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Okay Legends, here's the score.

Back around late December / early January, I bought a transfer token and brought my artifact thief Zotinin to this shard. Full disclosure, I did this because the shard did not seem very busy and I hoped to be able to grab a bunch of items that were always gone on Atlantic because of its large population. I especially wanted to get a torture rack from Wrong, pushmepullyou from the Abyss, and some of the higher end Doom artifacts.

At first I was a stealing madman. Blankets of darkness, sweet! These are never available on Atlantic. Fake copper ingots? Yes, please! But as the spawn periods came and went, none of the items I really had come for showed up. Some thief was out-thieving me!

I had this character for a long time as purely an artifact thief. On Atlantic I am a member of a very large guild and had never tried pvp thievery because I did not want to risk stealing from a friend inadvertently. So I thought what the heck, maybe I'm not seeing anyone around because they are doing champ spawns, I'll check there.

On a Saturday night I stealthed down to Deceit. Sure enough, there stood a bunch of reds watching a blue sampire clear the spawn. My heart raced! I tiptoed behind one and snooped the pack. My jaw dropped at the pile of quivers and scrolls inside.

Having no experience with this I wasn't sure how to proceed, I used the stealing skill and grabbed some potions and tried to wiggle my little ferret body away. Dead almost instantly.

After finding a healer outside I started back when the blue came running out of the entrance. I assumed the Reds were in hot pursuit and sure enough, soon after three came running out. I tried again on the last one as they were gating, potions! Bad news for me though, a straggler came out and chased me down. His friend returned and together they took off for the healers.

A looonnngggg help-stuck later, I decided PVP thieving wasn't my thing, even if they were reds and I don't know any of them.

Then I created a miner. I dug and dug and dug. And then I did get some more. My intent was to get a bunch of ingots and send back to Atlantic. In the meantime I had brought over my my gargoyle thrower The Defiler. Since the shard was seemingly empty in the mornings and I had only seen reds on weekend nights, I started working champ spawns solo. This is very near impossible on Atlantic without being interrupted. I did several, and at first it was awesome, but it just got boring and lonely because none of my friends were on Legends.

At this point I thought about taking my characters back and marking the whole thing up to a failed experiment.

But then EM Avalon had an event with ratmen pirates. Since I already had the right gear on my thrower from Barracoon, I thought what the heck? Imagine my surprise when I show up and there's about 30 people decked out in some of the highest end gear available. I haven't seen this many people in the two months I have been around, total! We gave to the town and then to a jungle and totally kick ratman ass. It was a blast!

And then the IDOCalypse of 2015 happened. Instead of trying to do IDOCs on Atlantic, which would be a nightmare, I spent one morning running around legends. I found about six and started tracking them. Once things started falling, I noticed the same names at each. Uriah, Ashe, the McNuges, these guys had found the same ones and started chatting. We showed each other ones that had been missed. I showed them the castle on Ice that I was sure would be the IDOC to end all IDOCs that they had both not found. (That one got refreshed on the last day!) Once I started interacting with actual people on Legends, I realized that yeah, it was a small community, but they were exceptionally awesome. Everyone was nice. Cave man Jack and others helped me with enough gold to actually place a castle! My first in 14 years.

Then EM Avalon had another storyline event. I definitely did not want to miss this one, and off we went to some island. Much to my surprise, at the end of the event a special lantern fell in my backpack. For the first time since I started in 2001, I had received an EM event drop! Legends was turning out to be a way better place than expected and I was now actually considering moving more of my ATL characters over.

Then, just last night, with my tamer Clavicus Vile (another character I transplanted from Atlantic) I bumped into Granger Terra, Baron of Yew. We started chatting and he mentions artifacts stealables and how he has a museum. Since that was the whole reason I came in the first place, I went to take a look. It was very impressive, and I started telling him about my thieving woes. In RL my wife and daughter were calling me because it was my daughter's bedtime, but just as I'm saying goodbye to Granger he hands me a torture rack, pushmepullyou, and some Ararat / Blackthorn stealables. Wow!

So that does it. There are too many reasons to stay. Legends is just awesome. I would like to apologize to whoever the random red was that I attempted my one theft heist on, hopefully the double murder of me makes us square.

I do have a few questions for those of you who have made it this far (long post, sorry!):

1. What are the active guilds on legends? Granger seemed to have a thieves guild for stealables, but I did not catch the name because of the rush. Anyone know how I can contact him for my thief Zotinin? I would also be interested in finding a champ spawn guild for my thrower The Defiler. He has 120s in everything but healing and chiv, and I have soloed Coon and Rikktor without any trouble with him so I think he would be a useful addition.

2. Am I crazy for considering demolishing my castle? I have been reluctant to decorate it fully because there is a serious plague beast / acid elemental / Swamp Dragon spawn right on the doorstep (Trinsic Swamp). It is the first and only castle I have ever had, but several of my characters have died or almost done so recalling home. And it is a long walk to a healer. I really don't want to get rid of it but notice there are available small plots outside some of the towns that would be safer. I'm in no hurry, and spent much of last night wandering around trying to find a different castle spot. Just curious if you guys have any ideas.

Thanks all!

Hephaestus / Zotinin / Clavicus Vile / The Defiler

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't panic on the castle, heck if that is a problem we can put ya a couple of tele's down from one of my places to it :p And welcome to Legends, not many of us, but what is here is good folk. You'll fit in nicely

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sooner or later either Uriah or Jack will stumble on a nice castle spot and the call will go out (most likely to you)

glad to have you here with us... Ynise never saw anyone saw excited about an event drop :) very happy for you!

oh, and about the stealables..... I have a sneaky suspicion that Silhouette makes the rounds regularly... when the Abyss opened up I got to watch her steal the oars on the first day

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks for the note. After the addition of items from Granger, I have most of my top wants from stealables now. I'll still look for an east facing torture rack and some of the high end doom items, but I feel content.

I'm training smithing now so I can do suits here instead of bring my crafter over from atl, don't have the cash atm and I have 70k ingot from GMing mining when I first showed up. Tailoring will be next. Traded that woodworkers bench to pvpgear? for a 120 smith and 120 tailor ps. That'll keep me busy!

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Beware of the Uriah Heep fella! Every time I chat with him I walk away with a "kick me" sign pasted to my back. I'm still not sure how he manages it undetected.

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Even if he were pasting "Blackthorn's B!/ch" on my back, I can at least be assured we would be having a good conversation about music while he was doing it.

Thanks to everyone's help I'm getting there. Started my lumber swordsman in the little time I had to play last night. Still haven't decorated, the house all utilitarian at the moment as I try to raise skills.

Really appreciate you guys lending a hand, it has been extremely helpful!