• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone xfering from Japan Shards?

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone planning to xfer over from one of the Japanese shards to Sonoma with their stash of colored cloth?

Lemme know

-Theo

L

Lord Drakelord

Anyone planning to xfer over from one of the Japanese shards to Sonoma with their stash of colored cloth?

Lemme know

-Theo
Never went over to get any, so nope. Don't plan on buy any either. Maybe trade several bolts for an event gem, maybe. Cloth just does not mean anything to me except bad memories of the birth of AoS, only good that I saw from that was insurance and PBDs, which I wish they bring back for all shards like Siege.

W

Wolfie

I have AoS cloth on 2 asian shards I would like to bring to Sonoma at some point, but can't say when. As for new gems vs cloth bolts... bolts hands down FTW. I wouldn't trade 1 bolt for even 2 gems. Those gems will be plenty in next few days/weeks compared to how many AoS cloth bolts people did not go get. *shrugs*

L

Lord Drakelord

I have AoS cloth on 2 asian shards I would like to bring to Sonoma at some point, but can't say when. As for new gems vs cloth bolts... bolts hands down FTW. I wouldn't trade 1 bolt for even 2 gems. Those gems will be plenty in next few days/weeks compared to how many AoS cloth bolts people did not go get. *shrugs*
There were no gems at today's kill, but there was peerless loot, and rumor has it a crimson. So I am guessing the gems are going to become few and far between since they are not dropping as loot on the kills, unless they fix that sometime soon.

As for the bolts of cloth from Japan, sorry no way am I going to pay for AoS colors.

W

Wolfie

Nope, gems aren't worth these colors. :p
I think the 2 I have circled are my favorite on what I managed to get on 1 shard.

L

Lord Drakelord

nothing I want there, what get me is people that do bring it over will be putting it out as a 'Super Rare' and try to sell it for millions, when it its only worth a few hundred thousand and there will be suckers in a line around the block to buy it thinking they getting a once in life deal on a super rare item.

W

Wolfie

Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay. If someone believes something is ultra rare and shells out the cash before researching what the worth may be gets what he/she deserves.
And after searching Luna vendors on Sonoma, I do think the cloth is going to be worth quite a bit, how many bolts have you seen so far?

After all we are comparing wearable items to gems that as of now have no special purpose.

L

Lord Drakelord

Anything is worth what someone is willing to pay. If someone believes something is ultra rare and shells out the cash before researching what the worth may be gets what he/she deserves.
And after searching Luna vendors on Sonoma, I do think the cloth is going to be worth quite a bit, how many bolts have you seen so far?

After all we are comparing wearable items to gems that as of now have no special purpose.

True and I understand there was more of these gems when they killed the other stranger in Luna today? Still it sad to see this stuff on a JP shard, with the volunteers/EMs they can have stuff like this that will continue to invade those shards that do not.

As for someone getting what they deserves all we can do is make sure to post images of those vendors that try to rip folks off, just as you have done to those script miners in the past there in Luna. I know I will try to do my best to warn my family and friends, and have posted warnings of this cloth on the PAS forum. Then once informed of the cloth's true birth place they may decided not to purchase.

I also hope that those that do bring it over are trueful of it and not try to sell a load of BS to us.

W

Wolfie

I guess I don't get your reasoning. :(

The bolts of cloth are an Asian event item.
How many there are to me, are irrelevant as for pricing due to the nature of how to get these back to my home shard.
IF it is going to cost me out the hiney for transferring, you can be damn sure if I decide to sell any of it, that I am going to try and make that transfer money back plus a profit.

If I see a vendor claiming to have "event" bolts of cloth and selling for high prices...what's BS about that? They haven't lied, scammed or told any BS that I can tell.

L

Lord Drakelord

I guess I don't get your reasoning. :(

The bolts of cloth are an Asian event item.
How many there are to me, are irrelevant as for pricing due to the nature of how to get these back to my home shard.
IF it is going to cost me out the hiney for transferring, you can be damn sure if I decide to sell any of it, that I am going to try and make that transfer money back plus a profit.

If I see a vendor claiming to have "event" bolts of cloth and selling for high prices...what's BS about that? They haven't lied, scammed or told any BS that I can tell.
No I see no reason why you should make back what it cost you to transfer, nor make a profit, but just the other day a young lady is trying to sell a elf robe made from the same cloth, stated that its from a event last year, when we all know there were no elf robes handed out during any such event. I was quick to say something to her and she recanted her remarks about the robe being from an event and accept my input that it was made from the JP cloth.

As for any vendors scamming people I will be sure to point to any vendors I see claiming a robe is event item and selling for 50 million. But if they are selling the cloth from the JP shards as bolts with no special fanfare or whoha then I will continue on my merry way.

S

SeaCaptain

I agree. There is no need to make that kind of money from something like that. If people are welling to buy it, then so be it but no one forced you to transfer it in the first place so why should I help you get you money back.

W

Wolfie

And no one FORCED you to buy it. If someone wants it bad enough, they will pay the amount someone is asking.

Once again, it comes down to: if someone doesn't investigate what they are buying prior to the purchase... shame on them.

End of story.

L

Lord Drakelord

When Catskills was down for over 24 hrs and they gave every char there a spring token, I used a transfer token to bring my and all my friends tokens over to Sonoma, sold them for 500k each here on Sonoma. Made 12 mil on that deal, plus my friends pay me another 250 k each for the transfer, lost money on the deal in real life, paying real dollars for the token, but did good in game.

But in the long run I felt I made out like a fat rat in game. So good luck with the cloth, I hope you sell alot to folks all over, but do it in good taste, and not do as that elf lady tried to do at the Luna bank.

End of story...la

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Have I really returned to this? What was I thinking...

Oh well might as well make the most of it.

:gee:

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya I think its past time that I return. Sonoma has been without its Dread Red Bard for too long now.

I still have my house(Thanks to some good friends that noticed it was fallling and called me on the phone) and all my belongings. Im not going to be in the PvP scene as theres no way in hell I can attempt to compete with this current breed of PvPers with their uber items, not really PvP in my oppinion. I still refuse to switch over to items and I can be found wearing all my armor that I have had since the launch of AOS.

So if ya see me lurking around somewhere do say hello.

L

Lord Drakelord

Ya I think its past time that I return. Sonoma has been without its Dread Red Bard for too long now.

I still have my house(Thanks to some good friends that noticed it was fallling and called me on the phone) and all my belongings. Im not going to be in the PvP scene as theres no way in hell I can attempt to compete with this current breed of PvPers with their uber items, not really PvP in my oppinion. I still refuse to switch over to items and I can be found wearing all my armor that I have had since the launch of AOS.

So if ya see me lurking around somewhere do say hello.
We will look forward to seeing you about the shard. Good to hear your house was ok, you may wish to look thru your older stuff for the next Pub will allow us to finally clear out a lot of stuff that has been gathering dust for ages.

I can well understand the not wishing to compete with the current breed, some are very good and quick as a cat. We have one in PAS, young man, who makes it a point to search for reds in Felucca, would hate to have you run into him as he has been very good about bring some very nice pieces of loot off reds he hit in Felucca.

Good luck and safe travels sir.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not all reds are bad, I include myself in that list. I rarely openely attacked anyone without cuase. The murder counts that I do have? Well I first went red off of Miraz(if anyone remembers that name) in the DP team street brawl years ago, he and I were partners and we were so outnumbered by I think it was Poo and his damn frenzied ozzies and LH Poos partner. Miraz and I decided we would rather try and kill eachother then the cute ozzies.

Oh good times. I think Poo and LH went on to win that brawl. Im pretty sure they tweaked the rules a bit after those 2. Then some of my other counts I recived from doing border patrol for the pits. Thraxry never learned, he probably gave me 100 counts all by himself. I think i got the majority of my kills when I started fighting with the old PvP legends.

Ahh a time long gone.

Its not that their good and quick as a cat, just most have no respect for those that came before them. Id rather sit and talk to them about the days of old then fight them. But if I must I must, this bard still has some tricks up his sleeve. Someone learned that earlier today when they thought i was a easy kill. No harm no foul, they died, i resed them and they went on their merry way after a nice talk.

Let it be known the Dread Red Bard is back, and im not coming back alone...

S

Sgt.Slaughter

I will sell cloth, ive got nearly all colors, 500k a bolt (most colors), you can icq me at
235 502 567

L

Lord Drakelord

I will sell cloth, ive got nearly all colors, 500k a bolt (most colors), you can icq me at
235 502 567

Another player selling same cloth! Just may have a price war very soon! Good luck with your selling the cloth Sir.

L

Lord Drakelord

Not all reds are bad, I include myself in that list. I rarely openely attacked anyone without cuase. The murder counts that I do have? Well I first went red off of Miraz(if anyone remembers that name) in the DP team street brawl years ago, he and I were partners and we were so outnumbered by I think it was Poo and his damn frenzied ozzies and LH Poos partner. Miraz and I decided we would rather try and kill eachother then the cute ozzies.

Oh good times. I think Poo and LH went on to win that brawl. Im pretty sure they tweaked the rules a bit after those 2. Then some of my other counts I recived from doing border patrol for the pits. Thraxry never learned, he probably gave me 100 counts all by himself. I think i got the majority of my kills when I started fighting with the old PvP legends.

Ahh a time long gone.

Its not that their good and quick as a cat, just most have no respect for those that came before them. Id rather sit and talk to them about the days of old then fight them. But if I must I must, this bard still has some tricks up his sleeve. Someone learned that earlier today when they thought i was a easy kill. No harm no foul, they died, i resed them and they went on their merry way after a nice talk.

Let it be known the Dread Red Bard is back, and im not coming back alone...
Ya we Remember Miraz, saw him on the Europa forum sometime ago, he was coming back to the game, but not to Sonoma, mainly because of the ping. Still its good to see folks returning to UO.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Still gettin censored when trying to say hi to old friends. wow This place has gone to hell. Delete this one too while you're at it.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whatd they delete Bali?

And hi to you too, if they deleted it im asuming it was a flame in some way all in sake of old times =D.

Im pretty sure thats how we always communicated. hehehe.

This place has gone to hell hasnt it?