• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone who has me on ICQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
block/delete that contact. My ICQ was hacked (of all the stupid things!) and some guy is trying to get people to give out their UO acct info to him posing as me.

He already got one, and also gained access to the ICQ account of one of my contacts. Stay safe people and never give your info out to anyone!

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Done, That is a bummer. I had someone name Foamy th Squirrel ask if they could log onto my account. Wonder if the same happened to them.

I hate it when stuff like this happens.

W

walletinspector

They were on as Mike asking for my account info and gold. How are they even able to access someone else's icq account?

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know, I really dont. Again, block/delete Mike (the guy told us he got that one) and I would guess that Foamy also got hit (that is/was Squirrly Wrath/Scratch).

Comic Book Guy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't know, I really dont. Again, block/delete Mike (the guy told us he got that one) and I would guess that Foamy also got hit (that is/was Squirrly Wrath/Scratch).
Damn, dreams do come true. Scammer and scripting Scratch got what was coming to him.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He didnt know who my husband was, and tried it on him, to start. Shortly thereafter, he was caught in my house on the account of one of my contacts (and was killed, as I had one box with inconsequential stuff set to anyone). He was posing as me asking people if he could get their account info :< This is confirmed by everyone I still have ability to contact (anyone who was also on my husband's ICQ)

Next, he ICQ called my husband and - while everyone in our vent listened, admitted to not only hacking my ICQ, but also the ICQ of one of my contacts (Christina Hart of Napa), and also gaining access to the UO account of a different one of my contacts. (She was naieve enough to give her acct info).

Actually surprised you mentioned (or remembered) that I have a husband Toren :p As far as I know he never posed as my husband, but he did attempt to use that angle:

Ailish ‎(8:35 PM): Hey,

Ailish ‎(8:35 PM): can i get on ur account since my husband is on mien

But then - we had already called this guy to warn him :) Not to mention I would never say "ur" and I would not have misspelled "mine"

T

Toren Atl

He didnt know who my husband was, and tried it on him, to start. Shortly thereafter, he was caught in my house on the account of one of my contacts (and was killed, as I had one box with inconsequential stuff set to anyone). He was posing as me asking people if he could get their account info :< This is confirmed by everyone I still have ability to contact (anyone who was also on my husband's ICQ)

Next, he ICQ called my husband and - while everyone in our vent listened, admitted to not only hacking my ICQ, but also the ICQ of one of my contacts (Christina Hart of Napa), and also gaining access to the UO account of a different one of my contacts. (She was naieve enough to give her acct info).

Actually surprised you mentioned (or remembered) that I have a husband Toren :p As far as I know he never posed as my husband, but he did attempt to use that angle:

Ailish ‎(8:35 PM): Hey,

Ailish ‎(8:35 PM): can i get on ur account since my husband is on mien

But then - we had already called this guy to warn him :) Not to mention I would never say "ur" and I would not have misspelled "mine"
Crystal is a good friend of mine, the one person hacked under your guise.

After some debate, we are fairly certain you're innocent, so no worries. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Bella Morte

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Done, That is a bummer. I had someone name Foamy th Squirrel ask if they could log onto my account. Wonder if the same happened to them.

I hate it when stuff like this happens.
I'll log into your accounts and fix a huge flaw in the game if you give me your login info for however many accounts you have.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crystal is a good friend of mine, the one person hacked under your guise.

After some debate, we are fairly certain you're innocent, so no worries. I'm sure you'll be fine.
Omg, I tried for hours to get ahold of someone to tell Crystal to block that contact :( I wish I had known who to contact here. I am so sorry, and our guild would like to help her recover fromt the experience. I fear I was too late when I finally found someone in THR to get a message to her :(

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I'll log into your accounts and fix a huge flaw in the game if you give me your login info for however many accounts you have.
Next..... :danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb:

Ailish let me know how I can help your friend crystal out. You know I will. PM me with details.

T

Toren Atl

Omg, I tried for hours to get ahold of someone to tell Crystal to block that contact :( I wish I had known who to contact here. I am so sorry, and our guild would like to help her recover fromt the experience. I fear I was too late when I finally found someone in THR to get a message to her :(
Alright, I'll be in contact, pm me here, if you get the chance.

Sorry you were under suspicion, but it was the only real lead at the time.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crystal doesnt know me well enough to know I woiuld *never* ask that info, nor would I ever do that sort of thing, so sure she thought it was really me. I dont have access to Stratics from work, so I didnt have the ability to post here until after work.

Anyway, PM sent. Please make sure she has properly secured her account :(

zared of napa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i spent 7 hrs of my day looking and trying to get ahold of her gm i went to all shards that i know she plays on..no avail i sent messages in every contact i have. i paged a freakin gm when i came across her char.the GM did come but that char was gone logged off .
I used rsources that i should not have used but i didnt care i wanted the freak stopped .
Crystal didnt deserve that BS and i begged and begged him to give her account back .
But like ailish said our guild pulled together to help her recover .
every icq account he hacked he made it a point to taunt me with it.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got one of these messages last night, I've just had an identical message from
UIN: 249621266
Nick: Argantes

I don't know who the legit user of this id is, but it would appear it is not currently under the control of the owner. I blocked the contact.

Kimberly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awhile back, there was a questionable situation between our guilds. The specifics are irrelevant but, needless to say, the trust between many of our members and theirs was non-existent.

However, none of them ever tried to get my account information. None of them ever tried to scam me. None of them have ever even stolen from me, via legal game mechanics.

The information I was initially given by Crystal, compiled with my previous experiences, led me to believe that Ailish was capable of doing this and so I thought she had.

Now, having more information and the actual transcript of what occurred, I do not believe that Ailish was the one who asked Crystal for her account information and stole her items.

So, I would like to echo Toren's apology for Ailish being under suspicion.

T

Toren Atl

Crystal doesnt know me well enough to know I woiuld *never* ask that info, nor would I ever do that sort of thing, so sure she thought it was really me. I dont have access to Stratics from work, so I didnt have the ability to post here until after work.

Anyway, PM sent. Please make sure she has properly secured her account :(
We took care of it for her from a remote, secure system.

T

Toren Atl

i spent 7 hrs of my day looking and trying to get ahold of her gm i went to all shards that i know she plays on..no avail i sent messages in every contact i have. i paged a freakin gm when i came across her char.the GM did come but that char was gone logged off .
I used rsources that i should not have used but i didnt care i wanted the freak stopped .
Crystal didnt deserve that BS and i begged and begged him to give her account back .
But like ailish said our guild pulled together to help her recover .
every icq account he hacked he made it a point to taunt me with it.

Sounds like a troll, someone with no better way to spend their time.

Bella Morte

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh drraaaaaaammaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Funny. I played as long as I did and never had any account problems. With UO _or_ ICQ. Use some common sense, people?

M

MasterP

LOL lish they even know alot about you. They icqed me saying hey can i log onto your uo account. Im like why the fuc would i let you log on my account. They said because my husband is on mine...5 mins later someone icqed me from homie's icq with the same sht.

Ailish

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol Some of the people who got the message are pretty funny actually. Like you. Why would I *ever* ask to get on your account.

But yeah, the guy knew about Z because he tried the same **** WITH Z ... posing as me ... Z lead him along a bit then say "BTW, This is her husband, and I know you are not her, if you were her you would know that info!"

B

Budweiser KDL

I've known Ailish and her Hubby for many years... She would never have done this. You quote me on that untill I die.

PS: I still hate you Ailish....

Not It

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've known Ailish and her Hubby for many years... She would never have done this. You quote me on that untill I die.

PS: I still hate you Ailish....
I agree with the PS part my brother :) cant wait to go back to napa to wipe her and her husband out along with KROC- death to both is in the near future-goin to take the dead shard Napa over once again. then leave her guild to pick up our crumbs

Comic Book Guy

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with the PS part my brother :) cant wait to go back to napa to wipe her and her husband out along with KROC- death to both is in the near future-goin to take the dead shard Napa over once again. then leave her guild to pick up our crumbs

What's the use in taking over a "dead" shard.

Oh I know, you can't get it up in real life so flexing your e-peen is the closest you get to sex. I bet that is the issue. You should go and have that looked at.

Status
Not open for further replies.