• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Anyone using Tiger/Beetle combo?

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hear this can be a pretty powerful combination. Any currently using it/have tested it out?

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tried it on my extended Legends Vacation in some light PvM. Liked the combo better than mare/beetle in some situations, the tiger while lacking mage has more HP and and better phys resist. Things I tried the combo with: Dread Pirates took them down fast, Serpantine Dragons took them down very fast but required constant healing of the tiger due to crap fire resist, Ishl Titans (Paragon and plain) and cyclopean warriors chewed both paragon and plain flavors up very very fast. Didn't do anything too difficult . GDs did destroy the tiger fast :) Regular Dragons did as well. Will use the combo in the future primarily for farming Titan Paragon chest and doing dread pirates. Template I run for that tamer is 120 tame, lore and vet, 120 arch, 120 tactics, 80 bushi, 40 chiv (jeweled to 70) use a comp bow with 50hld, 40ssi, 50DI 40 velocity and balanced. Run a 70s studded suit with 60 MI, 40 stam increase and 12 MR and +9 to dex, +7 to str, and +10 to int. (Cobbled together major and legendary suit) Jewels are 2/6 with 30 dci and hci and crammed 30 chiv into them. So adding me into the mix healing and plinking using Armor Ignore and the HLD it is a solid PvM set up with the tiger/beetle combo. Would probably be a decent PvP set up if I was any good at PvP. Also wear the VvV crimmy, and EP and boots of escaping. Obviously if I ran this template on Siege my gear set up would be a lot more junky :) But I believe it would still be a solid 3 way combo, that would deal A Lot of damage fast.

Biggest drawbacks: A lot of walking a garg tamer would be better with the flying at mounted speeds. Tigers fire resist sucks across the board and other resist are low to marginal (Except Phys most I have tamed have between 65-75 phys)

Overall it looks like a decent combo for certain critters. I was going to try it on the Rat spawn but never got around to it, should be effective there though. Would not use it for anything that has primarily fire damage. The tiger not being a mount hurts the a lot IMO unless you want to be flappy winged, open mouth drooling garg :) Could be a effective PvP combo from what I see but that is far from my area of knowledge of what is good and what is not. I really really dislike the no mount with this combo as I have no interest in being a garg thrower, just to be able to move at mounted speed, so will continue using the mare/beetle combo for the majority of things.

Disclaimer, this has just been my experience and my opinions formed based on using this combo for a few days.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Biggest drawbacks: A lot of walking a garg tamer would be better with the flying at mounted speeds. Tigers fire resist sucks across the board and other resist are low to marginal (Except Phys most I have tamed have between 65-75 phys)
And that is the number one reason why I hate Gargoyles, I have yell foul since the first day of the birth of Ultima Online: Stygian Abyss. I love the expansion but felt that the Gargoyle race did not need to be made a player race. They should have been kept as NPCs only. But that just my opinion and I am sure others will want to nail that to the cross and set fire to it. Be my guest, I really do not care, I hate Gargoyles.

Razz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Drakeload, what type of wood would you like us to use for the cross?

I felt the same way. Then I made one.

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And that is the number one reason why I hate Gargoyles, I have yell foul since the first day of the birth of Ultima Online: Stygian Abyss. I love the expansion but felt that the Gargoyle race did not need to be made a player race. They should have been kept as NPCs only. But that just my opinion and I am sure others will want to nail that to the cross and set fire to it. Be my guest, I really do not care, I hate Gargoyles.
Always seemed to me if one of those foul drooling creatures with flappy wings can move at mounted speeds with a GD in Tow...... Then Ehtys's should not count as a control slot for pets. I have exactly 3 gargs and for 1 reason imbuing, the racial bonus + using the queens forge makes cramming that last prop with low% chance a little more affordable.. Also fun to turn the Garg red and let your spawn toon kill it for justice :)

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Drakeload, what type of wood would you like us to use for the cross?

I felt the same way. Then I made one.
Frost. Don't get me wrong I did the same thing when the Exp first came out, mainly for imbuing, I made a Gargoyle. Today that char is an Elf. And is the Governor of Moonglow on Sonoma.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:(

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frost. Don't get me wrong I did the same thing when the Exp first came out, mainly for imbuing, I made a Gargoyle. Today that char is an Elf. And is the Governor of Moonglow on Sonoma.
I'll never even consider making a gargoyle. I think they look abhorrent, I don't care what the bonuses are. I don't even like being an elf, but back when Cu's were the cat's meow I basically had to be one, and I'm too lazy to morph back to human. :p