• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone on Stratics Connector?

• Thread starter Pinky Pepperpow
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
P

Pinky Pepperpow

Did anyone else instal the stratics connector alpha test?

If so, my username is Pinky Pepperpow (not sure if there's a space).

Curious to see if this works during battles.

Appears to be a very simple program. Just an instant messenger with audio capabilities.

Judy

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I added you..:)
I haven't had a lot of time to help test it, but maybe we can chat sometime.
I plan to invest in a good mic soon.

S

Stubby

:popcorn:I've got it too, but can't find my mic, so will try to get one today (Wed) or this weekend. I will add you guys. I am Stubby...what else would I be?:lol:

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm. I think I'll give this a try.

I just sms'd my husband to get a new mic. :) Can I add you guys?

G

Granjell

I'm afraid that adding this while running toontown will overwhelm my simple little setup, not to mention I have no idea where my mic is. Toontown boots me often enough as it is. Once someone runs this, I'd be curious how much additional memory it takes.

L

loadexfa

My account is loadexfa same as here. TT players please add me!!

Josh

P

Pinky Pepperpow

got you added josh...anyone can add me...idc...PinkyPepperpow...

haven't tried the voice yet....but am eager to!

L

loadexfa

OK, Judy and I tried for a while and failed to get voice working. :sad2: So we toyed around with other options and finally settled on Skype. It works and the call had good clarity! If anyone else is interested, we plan on using this for the boss runs, hopefully the first will be tomorrow's CEO run. We'd love to have more people in our voice chat. :)

If you want to add me to your skype, my skype id is loadexfa_huddles

I hope to see a bunch of you there!!

Josh

S

Stubby

what is Skype and how do I get it? I still dont have a microphone. I will try to get one tonite after church.

Does that mean the stratics connector is no good then?:popcorn:

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also keep in mind the Stratics Connector is only in Alpha Testing, and the bugs will eventually be worked out. :lick:

L

loadexfa

Also keep in mind the Stratics Connector is only in Alpha Testing, and the bugs will eventually be worked out. :lick:
Yes, I second what Elga said. Also, I am basically impatient. :) Voice chat is supposed to work (probably will for many people) and there is a big ol faq on what to do if it doesn't but I got sick of reading and trying after about 20 minutes. There is something funky we had going though because MSN also did not work but yahoo did (this is all voice chat, text chat worked fine with Statics Connector too).

Skype is yet another chat client which supports voice chat, in this case with multiple people (not all do multiple people with voice). It's been around for a while and has proven itself as a reliable voip service. Here is where to get it, it's free for what we are doing with it: Click me

Hope to see you there. :)

I am also not discounting the Stratics Connector. I will gladly try it again at some point. For whatever reason Skype handled whatever issue there was while Stratics Connector and MSN didn't. <shrug>

Josh

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've always found MSN/Yahoo to be buggy at times with voice. I remember the audio would go dead and I just thought people weren't talking, only to find out I had to rejoin the group again. I felt quite silly..
Skype/Teamspeak are the big players right now when it comes to gaming. I'm scared to try my built in MIC on my iBook again as I blasted the staff's ears in our first staff meeting on the Connector. The world is a changing though..now with VOICE..:thumbup1:

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm scared to try my built in MIC on my iBook again as I blasted the staff's ears in our first staff meeting on the Connector.
LOL, so did I! They're going to stop inviting Toontown Stratics to staff meetings :lol:

As for Skype.. meh, tried it, still keep it for those rare occasions I need it. I like what the Stratics connector is turning into.

S

Sally Bumblefoot

Been using Skype for years to talk to friends in Brazil and China. I love it. I added a new account for TT!! sally_bumblefoot is up and running!!

P

Pinky Pepperpow

Like Josh said, we tried several messengers with voice and settled on skype for it's clarity and ease of use and set up.

For anyone that wants to add me find me as: pinkypepperpow (case sensitive and no spaces).

So you know I had to go out and buy a new headset and of course walked out of Best Buy with 3 movies, a new mouse and a new keyboard. OY VEY! That store is way too dangerous for me!!!!!!

Judy

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hope you had a Best Buy Rewards card! I finally got my reward certificates from when I bought my new CPU there. $50 in Free Stuff...:thumbup1:
It paid for 90% of my Guitar Hero Aerosmith..:)

P

Pinky Pepperpow

Hope you had a Best Buy Rewards card! I finally got my reward certificates from when I bought my new CPU there. $50 in Free Stuff...:thumbup1:
It paid for 90% of my Guitar Hero Aerosmith..:)
But of course!~ And I'm waiting for my rewards...let me sum up what I bought there in the last week....(this is so sick)

1. 42" LCD TV (w/ warranty, monster supply unit & TV stand)
2. 22" LCD Monitor
3. Cannon All-in-one
4. Mouse
5. Headset
6. Keyboard

The better give me some kind of reward! And an oooh oooh, I want Rock Band with the drum set to go with guitar hero!!!! Never laughed so hard as playing rockband with a group of friends.

S

Sheriff Tricky

I use Teamspeak, it works great. You want all the info to join us some night on Teamspeak, PM Kippy.

P

Pinky Pepperpow

i'm on skype right now with susan....lol! we are talking clearly...and it's so user friendly....i'm stayin' with skype

S

Sheriff Tricky

For those of you who are also on Skype, I finally got it working and my name is erdoc4444.

princess kitty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have skype as well. Have never had problems.

I'll try to see about making a new account for toontown.

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just FYI I finally got connected to Kippy's Teamspeak line last evening. I'm going to pick up a cheapy headset at Staples this afternoon to try out tonight's runs. I have to yell at the internal mic, so hopefully the headset will work!

U

Ugly Wrinkleflip

I think the better question should be"Which one is most of us going to choose?". Thats the one I will get.

gonna have to buy a mic:rant2:. But ooh well:party:

L

Little Sadie

I have never used skype. Didn't even know it existed. I use TS.

L

loadexfa

So which one is better teamspeak or skype?
"Better" is a big word. ;) I have tried both and they each have their pluses and minuses from my perspective.

TS: You get Susan (who often plays Moonlight Mcboo), Chanty (Kippy), Sheriff Tricky, apparently Elga now and many other experienced players. Lots of good advice going around but I found it hard to actually talk about the battle going on. I felt there was too many people together to make it useful for battle. But still fun to talk to a good group of people. (Well, I never actually talked to Elga, is he a good person? ;) )

Skype: So far only 3 of us, Susan (Sally B) myself and Judy (Pinky). Obviously the issue of a large group hasn't happened (yet). But I also think that would be more manageable because we could break off into our own conference calls depending on which group we ended up with on a run. With TS Chanty needs to break us off into rooms if that is to happen. I like being able to self-manage and not put a burden on someone else.

So, obviously I'm skewed towards Skype, especially for battles. I would be just as in favor of Statics Connector if it works right away (haven't had a successful test yet) and if I can self-manage as in Skype (which I'm pretty sure I can).

Hope that gives a broader perspective on it. :)

Josh

Elga

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TS was cool. Although it kept timing me out. I had some connection issues though. Playing TT in windowed mode with TS open was causing quite a bit of lag and making TT quite unplayable. It might be a bit much for Sunday runs, but I can see it useful during the week for doing DA/Boss Golf Courses and such. I'm going to try it again tonight probably to see if I'll keep using it or just go back to being a mute..hehe :mf_prop: