• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone of photos of clean legendary items? -100 luck is ok

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are some more photos. One is cursed ring but I have yet see one that has more mods. Bracelet Atlantic.png Bracelet Drach.png Bracelet Pac.png Luck Gloves.png Ring Napa.png Ring-Origin.png Ring-Atlantic.png Shield.png Orc Helm.png Ring-Atlantic.png

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
So... Does everyone use a TAMER for farming Shame etc? I was thining a 4x120 Bard with Vollems could be a good way to go?
if im in a lazy mood i use my disco tamer.
disco, all kill, band-aid, band-aid, band-aid, band-aid
but its faster to use a warrior.

but i like where your mind is at.
i use my bard with my vollems all the time, love it.
but i usually go with my guild mate with either his tamer or warrior and they tank while i bard and vollem.
that goes hella fast!

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
has ephemeral been changed? I remember it doesnt matter if you get hit it still losing durability on a timer base as sonn you have yozr pet attacking or attack yourselfe directly?

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
has ephemeral been changed? I remember it doesnt matter if you get hit it still losing durability on a timer base as sonn you have yozr pet attacking or attack yourselfe directly?
As far as I know (but it's UO, so I may well have missed something about a change!) this still applies :

The ephemeral property deducts maximum durability at a rate of one point per six minutes, while the item is equipped AND the wearer is actively fighting. Being in war mode does not count, nor does simply being the target of aggression. You have to actually be fighting. Also, it deducts from the 25-hour “lifetime” in 10-second increments; if you spend 10 minutes in a fight but only spend half that time in actual combat, your ephemerals will only lose 5 minutes of lifetime.
The current durability is repaired to max durability frequently. The intent is for ephemerals to last for 25 hours of actual fighting time without having to worry about keeping them repaired.
Mike Moore

Systems Designer

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
as a tamer, sending your pet to kill or guard you, as the pet attacks, you are flaged too so it counts as combat from you..
i testdd it with hephaestus shield like a week after covetous was out...it took a durability point after like 6 mins having my drag fighging critters and me was just hidden...
if its still ljke that nothing changed...i guess i go test this again

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a 100% clean Major artifact with 0 luck, but most of the time i hunt with my tamer which has a max luck suit, he has also get's Major's/Greater arti's (clean but -100)
The likelihood of getting a clean legendary item isn't based only on luck:

Luck has no influence on the frequency of item Disadvantage generation
Source: Publish 73 - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

But you get a lot more legendary items when you use luck. Either way, yes, great loot is determined by at least two RNGs, one we can modify, one we can't.

Last edited:

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i run a bushido/disco/tamer with 2100 luck (statue give 800 & bush gives up tp 1000) so sometimes im at 3900 luck but still no legendary clean,some not cursed

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So...what other templates / setups are people using on the quest for clean legendaries?

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you kind folk wouldn't mind including how much luck you run, where you were/are farming, and informing us of your experiences with your particular setup (when posting pictures of your clean artifacts) it would be much appreciated. Even some of the major and greater artifacts posted here are quite good. With all the other discussions we've had on the various ways luck seems to work, it's just a pleasure to see some solid evidence that not all of us are so darn unlucky. In my opinion it is one of the best feelings in the UO experience when you loot an item that is truly useable (and I pvp, but "winning the loot lottery" ranks way up there), which is why so many of us are saddened single mod items seem to have disappeared, but that is another topic.

Thank you for the little bit of hope your item pictures give and may we all have better luck... :gee:

Last edited:

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
but we allready did
use less luck on high level monsters and high luck on low levels to push the mods of cleanies..
use shame critters and covetous level 3 and 4 critters
happy hunting and you need alot of patience dont forget!

P.S. Alot of hunters found luck between 1100 and 1200 results in great items...

Last edited:

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
190 luck item has already been enhanced. The highest luck you can find/craft on armor is 150 pre-enhanced.
150? When Shame first opened I found items that were 170 base luck. Did something get changed?

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would that 170 be on two handed weapons like a bow? Something that wont let you hold a shield.

Last edited:

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
150? When Shame first opened I found items that were 170 base luck. Did something get changed?
ranged weapons two-handed melee possibly (not sure) bows/throwing weapons can get 170 luck, everything else is capped at 150 pre-enhance.

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly: I am overwhelmed by the quality of the (major) artifacts you posted here. I got a good deal of greaters and majors, unfortunately ALL of them "cannot be repaird" and "brittle". Same for a bunch of legendaries. Got only ONE legendary without other negative props than -100 luck. I am farming since May... So I wonder where you get those fantastic jewelry pieces you posted here...

I would say I am a quite efficient Covetous-Camper, doing this place on a daily basis. But the rings and bracelets you posted almost never crossed my way - let´s say one in two month...

So, a bit more specific info would be much appreciated: Which monsters in Shame? Chaos Vortex? Blood Eles? Or these darn gazers? :gee:

Thanks alot!

Last edited:

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have yet to see a single dexxer jewel listed that is over 5 mods. At minimum, SSI, DI, DCI, HCI, EP, Stats. Every jewel is slanted towards casters. And the Devs still deny there is a problem. Here is proof open your eyes! :eyes:

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Oh i bet.theres some out there but where heheh...most of the high end jewels have high dex and ssi but also useless skills on it...and are than also cursed hihihi

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh i bet.theres some out there but where heheh...most of the high end jewels have high dex and ssi but also useless skills on it...and are than also cursed hihihi
I have yet to see even a single cursed jewel that falls into the mods I mentioned above that are greater than 5 mods. I can show you plenty of cursed jewels with FC/FCR/INT/MANA/MR/LRC/SDI, etc..

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

first totally clean arty!
1770 Luck
Covetous Level 3
Undead Spawn in first area
Off a revenant

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly: I am overwhelmed by the quality of the (major) artifacts you posted here. I got a good deal of greaters and majors, unfortunately ALL of them "cannot be repaird" and "brittle". Same for a bunch of legendaries. Got only ONE legendary without other negative props than -100 luck. I am farming since May... So I wonder where you get those fantastic jewelry pieces you posted here...

I would say I am a quite efficient Covetous-Camper, doing this place on a daily basis. But the rings and bracelets you posted almost never crossed my way - let´s say one in two month...

So, a bit more specific info would be much appreciated: Which monsters in Shame? Chaos Vortex? Blood Eles? Or these darn gazers? :gee:

Thanks alot!

Hi, the answer is simple, most of them I purchased from different players lol. You are not alone, i.e. I hunt my ass off as well each day and I've gotten at best 20% of what I posted on my own. I do have a lot stored over few hundred but nothing like these caliber. I got tired of posting the rest but I have another 6-10 pieces like that. But I can tell you one thing I had to shell out big bucks for some of these items.

ShadowTrauma

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

first totally clean arty!
1770 Luck
Covetous Level 3
Undead Spawn in first area
Off a revenant
When I posted a little bit earlier, this was what I was aiming for: If possible when posting your pictures you could also include the extra information like Mentiras did, it would be very much appreciated. I apologize if I made my first post too broad as some of you fine folk are already being very helpful. This is a really great idea for a thread and I am thoroughly enjoying reading about the cool items (some of) you have been lucky enough to get.

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
by the way: to some places I am going with a mystic stealther. especially to crowded places. so much easier looting...

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have yet to see a single dexxer jewel listed that is over 5 mods. At minimum, SSI, DI, DCI, HCI, EP, Stats. Every jewel is slanted towards casters. And the Devs still deny there is a problem. Here is proof open your eyes! :eyes:
Stupid question....What counts as a dexxer jewel? One with the properties you name?

I ask because I only play chiv-dexxers --not because it's a superior template but because I am a limited player-- and one of mine has a "new loot" bracelet with something like:

• FC 1
  • FC 2
  • HCI 20
  • DI 15
  • LMC 8
  • SDI ....I forget. Like 10 or something.
It so happens to suit that character's particular needs. Even the SDI appears (note how I'm careful to say I am reacting only to appearances) to add slightly more oomph to Holy Light. Are you sure you don't particularly mean "Sampire" when you say "Dexxer?" Or do you mean "something with only meelee combat specific properties?"

If you mean the latter I have seen those but never without "Cursed." Not with the properties you name, though, but with like HCI, DCI, SSI, DI, and a couple of warrior-related skill bonuses. (Like Ninjitsu and Fencing or something.) But always Cursed.

-Galen's player

Last edited:

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To me a dexxer piece covers melee combat type stats, not casting, not that those templates don't exist. So SSI, DCI, HCI, DI, EP, Stats.... and yes it would be usable for a Sampire or any other non casting warrior type.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Stupid question....What counts as a dexxer jewel? One with the properties you name?
Something with Swing Speed Increase 10% (most important!), Dex, Stamina Increase, HCI, DCI, Damage Increase. Optionally with Lower Mana Cost, Strength, Enhance Pots, etc. Not: Spell damage increase, faster casting, faster cast recovery, mana regeneration, etc.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Do funny" or "weired" drops count too, if yes here is what i just got.
Location: covetous Level 3 - Entrance Spawn - Repond Spawn (Orc, Lizardmen, Ogre, Titan..)
Luck 1100 - Tamer/Stealther/Mage - Greater Dragon

Even it cannot be repaired, powdering this to 255 and bringing it up to 190 luck including SC is worth it imo - and there goes my theory, 150 one handed luck items are gone since the "nerv" of shame...yes maybe, but they are now at covetous heheheh

sledgehammer.JPG

Last edited:

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have multiple one handers that used to spawn with 150 luck all by itself that got borked when they messed with the loot generator. Now since you can reforge items and get 150 luck and have them exceptional most of the looted 150 luck items get left on the corpse.

Pulled a lesser artifact tribal mask today, great resists but kinda crappy mods. Can tribal masks be enhanced?

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I am afraid, Tribal Masks and all other cloth stuff cant be enhanced....i got a clean 150 Luck Tribal Mask with good stats and could bite my ........ for not beeing able to enhance it hehe

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just as a side question - with all that brittle and cannot be repaired - does any of the new dungeon stuff spawn yet with the Self Repair property?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just as a side question - with all that brittle and cannot be repaired - does any of the new dungeon stuff spawn yet with the Self Repair property?
Yes, Anything other than Rings & Bracelets can spawn with self repair if the item is repairable/powder-able (not Cannot be Repaired or Brittle).

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you show me an item you have looted in the past couple months with self repair? I haven't seen a single item out of shame with self repair since the loot nerf.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just got a ringmail Tunic Legendary Arti yesterday. I will post the pic soon.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2700 Luck Cove 3 forgot which monster..... to be honest it doesn't really matter where or which monster.