• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone of photos of clean legendary items? -100 luck is ok

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It has been a few months since all these new dungeons have been revamped and I just wanted to see what type of Legendary items (clean with/without -100 luck) people have been getting. Below is an example:

Legendary Item.png

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't gotten anything better than Major Artifact. I jelly.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
If you want me to load up PS i will have a few ready by the end of the weekend ;)

I farm alot - 80% of my 20-30 hours UO i play a week - its the "thrill" i get from a nice looted item...but...never got my hands on a clean legendary..YET - HAH LUCK, I WILL BEAT YOU SOME DAY!

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not to highjack this thread but I have a really nice legendary ring but with the ephemeral label on it. I am wondering if this means it will wear out alot faster, but was wondering
if the ring can be repaired or not? Anyone know anything about this title thx.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really hope that someone can post another item. I find it depressing if there has been one or two items found over this length of time and it might be a sign that the system needs to be looked at.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this the only item you have managed to collect?
aye, literally after tens of thousands of kills this is the only clean one I've ever come across. I started first in Shame level 5 for a few months then moved to lich room in Covetus. I have 3,100 luck and a mage/provoker so I kill pretty fast averaging about 500 monsters per night.

Last edited:

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
aye, literally after thousands of kills this is the only clean one.
Wow, I am stunned given that I was under the impression that you had offered to buy them at the same time. Can I ask if you found this when the loot was first revamped or at a later date after the big adjustment?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
could someone please explain the term 'clean' to me? maybe then I'll know what to look for :confused:

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well i do hunt alot too but none clean,i have gotten a few non-cursed legend items that are badazz,and i use them for pvp on my parry mage ,i dont pvp alot though,but they last longer than people think,i too hope to get a "clean one someday" i also run 2000-3500 luck so my chances are prolly less,but if i do get one itll be sick, some of the cursed ones i get have 16 properties

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks like clean legend pieces are going to be like winning the lottery. Congratz manticore for getting one, you certainly have put a lot of effort into it. Maybe we shold all list our best non clean legend item pfftt.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was the original owner of those pants , and I got another pair like that just wasnt Legendary named but Major Artefact I think , there is a guy on Atl with a ring Im pretty sure it was legendary clean ( 1fc , 4 FCR with alot of others stats). Those pants that OP posted I got them with 1000 luck ( perfection bushido bonus thats it ) hunting in covetous of course...

EDIT : here the other pants I had loot in Covetous again they are greater artifact but to me it sounds just like it was Legendary ... :

sickpantsmodified.png

Last edited:

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, I am stunned given that I was under the impression that you had offered to buy them at the same time. Can I ask if you found this when the loot was first revamped or at a later date after the big adjustment?
aye, Quickblade owend those pants. I was posting that as an example. I've killed tens of thousands but never acutally gotten one. Need to rephrase my post. I was looking for other examples out there. The main reason I suppose was to see examples of others to justify the hours I am putting into this, i.e. if this is it then I have to rethink how I am investing my UO time for the future.

Last edited:

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
aye, Quickblade owend those pants. I was posting that as an example. I've killed tens of thousands but never acutally gotten one. Need to rephrase my post. I was looking for other examples out there.
Im happy to see that they serve good on a Mannequin now *winks* lol

Last edited:

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aye, I am trying to figure out a suit to built that from. The Orc Helm and Chest on that Mannequin are pretty nice too.
Yes is it the female chest I sold you too ? I though it was legendary clean also

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't implying anything and I hope that wasn't the impression. You did answer my question though which was if your farming efforts added to your purchasing efforts have only added up to this one item.

Did anyone ever get a picture of the Legendary war fork that was "sold" on the trade forums or is that item still in dispute? I have recieved a few major/greater items but nothing so special as to make me care to post a pic.

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it true that Shame loot is geared more towards Garg items than other re-vamped dungeons? I have no gargs on my account, so if I wanted mostly human (maybe elf) stuff, I should be spending my time in Wrong/Covetous? And if that is true, what MOB types are the best to target in each of those? Currently, I farm the blood ellies in Shame, but I do notice a large amount of garg gear (ugh).

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shame seems to have a 50/50 Split with garg stuff. Wrong drops wood items but they don't seem to be as intense. Cov drops more human/elf items but no wood that I have seen.

I would have liked to have farmed wrong for the chance of an amazing wood item to show but nothing ever was even close to worth the effort that I saw.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No clean legendary here, and I spend 100% of my time in shame. Probably 15-20 hours a week since the new loot system came out. Some minors and a couple major but no legendary.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No clean legendary here, and I spend 100% of my time in shame. Probably 15-20 hours a week since the new loot system came out. Some minors and a couple major but no legendary.
It's a joke that clean legendary items are even out there. So there is a total of like 5 legendary items across all the shards. That's 100's of people farming and 2-5 have shown up? Thats a joke bc you will NEVER get one farming if that's the odds your against. Ill save those 100's house of grinding until they realize its time to revamp it.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
not to highjack this thread but I have a really nice legendary ring but with the ephemeral label on it. I am wondering if this means it will wear out alot faster, but was wondering
if the ring can be repaired or not? Anyone know anything about this title thx.
ephemeral means the item will eventually break over the course of combat-engaged real time in-game, I think an hour per 10 durability or so. can't repair them but they self repair, so you can theoretically get ooze on them and it won't be a problem (like soloing grizzle, but I haven't tried that yet).

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a joke that clean legendary items are even out there. So there is a total of like 5 legendary items across all the shards. That's 100's of people farming and 2-5 have shown up? Thats a joke bc you will NEVER get one farming if that's the odds your against. Ill save those 100's house of grinding until they realize its time to revamp it.
Considering the items in question are called "Legendary Artifacts" I would imagine they ought to be pretty damn rare. There's nothing wrong with the loot system in this respect. Legendary Artifacts without negatives SHOULD be extremely rare. Do you really want everyone walking around with a full suit of legendary artifact pieces they farmed in 8 hours? I wouldn't think so. Maybe what needs a revamp is your attitude.

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering the items in question are called "Legendary Artifacts" I would imagine they ought to be pretty damn rare. There's nothing wrong with the loot system in this respect. Legendary Artifacts without negatives SHOULD be extremely rare. Do you really want everyone walking around with a full suit of legendary artifact pieces they farmed in 8 hours? I wouldn't think so. Maybe what needs a revamp is your attitude.
THIS

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a pair of sleeves that I posted awhile back.

I consider Artifact farming a form of slot machine. Every monster you kill, you get to spin the rng. So far I have many good rolls along with 1 legendary. I mean ultimately some lesser artifacts are just as good and those drop fairly often and the "Legendary Tag" is really just similar to moonstone jewelry except more rare......

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a pair of sleeves that I posted awhile back.

I consider Artifact farming a form of slot machine. Every monster you kill, you get to spin the rng. So far I have many good rolls along with 1 legendary. I mean ultimately some lesser artifacts are just as good and those drop fairly often and the "Legendary Tag" is really just similar to moonstone jewelry except more rare......
Can we see photo? I just need some more encouragements to keep farming.

Zoshin

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
They could increase brittle and cannot repair durability values. Also, make luck increase the chance to remove negative properties.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TBH that's the other problem I wouldn't replace any of my woodland armor that I crafted for those sleeves. So even if you do hit the "powerball" and get a legendary item, is it even usable?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
no clean legendary for me, couple greaters and major, but none of the fabled legendary.
and i hunt big game with a luck suit all the time.

and the one i REALLLLLLLLY like

i figure i get at least 1 legendary artifact off each kill.
and i have yet to see a clean one.

Last edited:

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do u hunt Poo?? Ive yet to have an "Oh ****!" moment while looking for monster loot or treasure chest loot...doesnt count all the artis i pull, but pure magic items, im still waiting after 14 yrs

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
ring.jpg
Not even close to legendary but i like the mods anyway.

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TBH that's the other problem I wouldn't replace any of my woodland armor that I crafted for those sleeves. So even if you do hit the "powerball" and get a legendary item, is it even usable?
I am not going to dispute whether a pictured pair of sleeves would fit in your armor set, but for at least myself, a clean legendary item would be an amazing starter piece! Odds are, if I farmed long enough for a clean legendary item, it'd be a weapon with a mix of stats that doesn't properly fit a common template.

On a different note - due to this thread, I decided to return to the re-vamped dungeons. My opinions are (1) I don't understand Covetous enough for it to be useful for me (esp. since I solo - almost too much spawn), (2) Shame has some nice areas where you can farm high ends solo (blood ellies on 2, UEV's on 5), but the gear doesn't seem that much better for the bloods, and the UEV's take a [relatively] long time to kill, not to mention half of it is garg (yuck!), and (3) Wrong seems like a good spot for me to continue to look. The archmage and executioner in the back are easy foes, with a good spawn rate. The loot seems just as good, if not better than Blood Ellies in Shame. Plus, there's a better shift to human/elf over garg items.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not going to dispute whether a pictured pair of sleeves would fit in your armor set, but for at least myself, a clean legendary item would be an amazing starter piece! Odds are, if I farmed long enough for a clean legendary item, it'd be a weapon with a mix of stats that doesn't properly fit a common template.

On a different note - due to this thread, I decided to return to the re-vamped dungeons. My opinions are (1) I don't understand Covetous enough for it to be useful for me (esp. since I solo - almost too much spawn), (2) Shame has some nice areas where you can farm high ends solo (blood ellies on 2, UEV's on 5), but the gear doesn't seem that much better for the bloods, and the UEV's take a [relatively] long time to kill, not to mention half of it is garg (yuck!), and (3) Wrong seems like a good spot for me to continue to look. The archmage and executioner in the back are easy foes, with a good spawn rate. The loot seems just as good, if not better than Blood Ellies in Shame. Plus, there's a better shift to human/elf over garg items.

These are excellent pointers. It's not the 10k that we kill but its the thrill of landing that one item after all the hard work. The great thing is the jurney there will result in many other good pieces and imbuing reagents. Regardless if all of my legendary items are cursed I still get a smile each time I pull one and just looking at the stats gives me enough wishful thinking to continue on. I pulled a cursed legendary ring the other day with 16 mods and it was just breathtaking to see that piece. I use it now on one of my Event goer characters and its still great.

Last edited:

Spawn DF

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
The best way for a clean legendary item is the Mysterious Wisp at Depspise.
No clean legeandary item from monster hunting so far.

Ephemeral Ring.jpg

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
In my countless hours farming for items at all new Dungeons at all Levels my best places are:

- Shame Level 1 with highest possible luck
Mud Pies and Earth Eles
I experienced the high luck increasing the mods and if you lucky enough, you can loot realy nice clean items there

- Shame Mud Eles and Clay Golems
Great Loot with no luck and some times with 1100 luck

- Covetous Level 3 with no luck or maximum 1200 luck
Besides the Artifact drop chances, and the Legendarys you get to unravel, some items are CRAZY even cursed - i collect that much of them yt for my tamer/mage/stealther i will never ever need any other armor anymore in game - i guess i have 25 all 70's crazy mod 100% LRC and bonus mods to the end - very nice for all kind of peerless hunts and no luck needed hunts just to have 190 mana and mana reg and lower mana cost and so on and so on...never can have enough of this mods for healing the Draggy ;)

Here are some examples i recently got from Shame i spend most of the time actually:

bracelet2.JPG bracelet3.JPG ring.JPG maul1.JPG

Last edited:

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I don't NEED luck to get these items? Only char with luck on the suit is my bard/tamer.

Ron Silverbeard

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
on harder critters luck will push the items mods to far and result in curse, brittle (my most hatefull dirt on an item arggg!) or cannot be repaired thats what i notice....so in the back of covetous level 3, next to the stairs down to level 4 prison, i mostly use a max. of maybe 500 luck and thats how i get clean 10% ssi jewels....if i use full luck there i get a good amount of legendary items, ALWAYS cursed and dirty but with craziest mods.....my experience

totaly different when using full luck on shame level 1, the high luck helps the mods it seems and result in clean usefull items....20% slintering stuff sometimes....so...easy critters much luck, hard critters no luck is what i go with...try it out but must be patient hehe

Last edited:

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The best way for a clean legendary item is the Mysterious Wisp at Depspise.
No clean legeandary item from monster hunting so far.

View attachment 10663
I wouldn't consider Ephemeral to be clean, I think of it along the same lines as Cursed, Brittle, and Cannot be Repaired. You can't build a suit around it because before too long it will be gone.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From my experience, luck helps tremendously.
I got a 100% clean Major artifact with 0 luck, but most of the time i hunt with my tamer which has a max luck suit, he has also get's Major's/Greater arti's (clean but -100)

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't consider Ephemeral to be clean, I think of it along the same lines as Cursed, Brittle, and Cannot be Repaired. You can't build a suit around it because before too long it will be gone.
iv got loads of amazing pieces on my tamers as they never take damage as they shouldnt, iv also got 2 nearly 4 sets that make them almost itentical so when one does wear out i already have replacements.

my ring is the oldest with 7 maxed mods and its only lost 13 dura in months of use, i think alot of people understimate is for non combat chars. Its awsome being able to cast gh non stop and 210 mana and med ack from 0 in 30 seconds.

Thunderz

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
iv got loads of amazing pieces on my tamers as they never take damage as they shouldnt, iv also got 2 nearly 4 sets that make them almost itentical so when one does wear out i already have replacements.

my ring is the oldest with 7 maxed mods and its only lost 13 dura in months of use, i think alot of people understimate is for non combat chars. Its awsome being able to cast gh non stop and 210 mana and med ack from 0 in 30 seconds.

Thunderz
So... Does everyone use a TAMER for farming Shame etc? I was thining a 4x120 Bard with Vollems could be a good way to go?