• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone having crashes in Classic Client with JournalSaveUnicode=on?

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've just patched up to 7.0.37 and all my characters started crashing at login, after the character selection screen.

By a long process of elimination I was able to prove that the JournalSaveUnicode=on was causing the crash; I've had that setting for literally years.

I've now switched it off but I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this?

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually turned mine on not that long ago, and I've been crashing more than usual at login as well. I'll have to turn it off and see if it helps. Thanks for reminder :)

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't even remember how I set mine up now, but I've never had issues with crashing because of it.