• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Swordsmanship] Anyone find out the best Swordsman pvp temp?

• Thread starter SecretService
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

SecretService

Has anyone found out what the best swords man pvp temp is?

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Better question is do you think if someone figured out the ultimate swordsman PVP template, they would post it on Stratics so that everyone else could copy it.

A great template for person A may not work for person B simply because it doesn't fit their style of play. The template is just one part of the package, alot of it has to do with weap(s) and suits. There are some templates that only work great if you have the right suit and weapon, that is one reason you see items priced at sky high prices (and sell).

Another thing is that the UO Dev's have a strange habit of changing things (nerf), so that GOD template from a year ago, probably isn't that way anymore. You can also bet that the ultimate template of today will be different before the year is finished.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone found out what the best swords man pvp temp is?
I don't have any specific suggestions, since what Kellgory said is pretty true, but I suggest looking at the dexxer PvP thread.

If you are into doing a lot of things at once...there are templates for that. If you don't like complications lol...and, complicated templates, there are simplier ones there as well.

Whether veteran or new...there is something there you can try.

drawn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 swords
120 bush
120 parry
100 anat
100 tact
90 heal
70 med

bokuto for NS / warfork for bleed

T

Turdnugget

drawn posted the temp I pretty much have, but i've got chivalry instead of meditation. Depends what flavor you like.

It works great for me.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 swords
120 bush
120 parry
100 anat
100 tact
90 heal
70 med

Why not cleaver? Huh, huh, huh? lol Seriously cleaver is a nice and quick little weapon. Nice switch-out macro weapon. Just show and tell, bleed attack, switch weapon. Can even poison them first to be a real jerk.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not cleaver? Huh, huh, huh? lol Seriously cleaver is a nice and quick little weapon. Nice switch-out macro weapon. Just show and tell, bleed attack, switch weapon. Can even poison them first to be a real jerk.
Fork Bleed and Disarm.

Cleaver Bleed and Poison.

I'd rather disarm someone than poison them and watch them drink a cure potion.

My personal combo is a Bokuto and a Diamond Mace. Grind it out with lightning strike until you land a decent crit, nerve strike, switch to d-mace and conc blow.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 swords
120 bush
120 parry
100 anat
100 tact
90 heal
70 med

Close to mine, but I go with Chiv instead of Med as well.

I prefer a Mage's Rune Blade rather than the WarFork. Disarm and Blade weave. It does more damage with SSI 30% and has FC on it. Also, a 1-handed weapon like the Warfork nerfs your parry a bit. I know it frees your hand for pots, but that is why I also have a bokuto to use while chugging. If I wanted my primary weapon to be 1-handed, I'd go with a Diamond Mace/UBWS/SSI 30% (Concussion and Crushing Blow).

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Fork Bleed and Disarm.

Cleaver Bleed and Poison.

I'd rather disarm someone than poison them and watch them drink a cure potion.

My personal combo is a Bokuto and a Diamond Mace. Grind it out with lightning strike until you land a decent crit, nerve strike, switch to d-mace and conc blow.
It was a bit of sarcasm but...you don't poison someone to start a fight. Like I have always said, you have to mix it up to not be predictable. Disarm is easily countered.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was a bit of sarcasm but...you don't poison someone to start a fight. Like I have always said, you have to mix it up to not be predictable. Disarm is easily countered.
Every respectable PvPer carries cure pots and is ready to chug. Poisoning is a waste of skill points if you count on it to be a major part of your offense.

Doesn't hurt to carry a cleaver in case you fight some joker with a 2 handed wep, but I don't count on it to be part of my primary offense.

My fav combo is bokuto / diamond mace for the bushy. Can't count how many times i've gotten a crit on someone, they go to gheal, I nerve and conc and it's over.

People fighting dexers just run when they get low, that combo prevents them from doing so. Sure it's a grind and relies heavily on RNG but what dexer template/tactic doesn't.

C

Chaosy

People fighting dexers just run when they get low, that combo prevents them from doing so. Sure it's a grind and relies heavily on RNG but what dexer template/tactic doesn't.
What in UO doesn't? :p

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought the bokuto nerve strike was nerfed. How is it now? They freeze for 2 seconds (but it's breakable?). I guess it's better than the paralize special because ns does more damage WHILE paralyzing them (double trouble)?
I have never used one :(

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every respectable PvPer carries cure pots and is ready to chug. Poisoning is a waste of skill points if you count on it to be a major part of your offense.

Doesn't hurt to carry a cleaver in case you fight some joker with a 2 handed wep, but I don't count on it to be part of my primary offense.

My fav combo is bokuto / diamond mace for the bushy. Can't count how many times i've gotten a crit on someone, they go to gheal, I nerve and conc and it's over.

I think the point was missed. I don't have a favorite combo. You have enough different weapons and tactics to be effective. Any ONE move is a waste if you count on it being a major part of your offense. That was my point.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I mean, I did say you have to mix it up to not be predictable, didn't I? Granted I guess if people can't counter moves then that is too bad for them.

Any self respecting PvPer will remember who they fight and what moves they do. Because granted, human actions are predictable. And, most PvPer's are predictable. End of discussion. Unless they mix it up.

C

Chaosy

I mean, I did say you have to mix it up to not be predictable, didn't I? Granted I guess if people can't counter moves then that is too bad for them.

Any self respecting PvPer will remember who they fight and what moves they do. Because granted, human actions are predictable. And, most PvPer's are predictable. End of discussion. Unless they mix it up.
I'm really unpredictable when I'm drunk! I mean, it's not hard even when you don't know what you're trying to do! :p

T

Turdnugget

Nerve strike can be broken... I do believe they nerfed it... however, at the same time, i've NS'd people, hit them with boku dmg 10+, hit them with the NS damage bonus, another 10+, and my hit spell went off, another 10+... and they're paralyzed, sometimes only for a split second, long enough to get a LS off. Or to re-nerve strike them.

It all depends on RNG =/

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nerve strike can be broken... I do believe they nerfed it... however, at the same time, i've NS'd people, hit them with boku dmg 10+, hit them with the NS damage bonus, another 10+, and my hit spell went off, another 10+... and they're paralyzed, sometimes only for a split second, long enough to get a LS off. Or to re-nerve strike them.

It all depends on RNG =/
Interesting.... I have to try it then. Thanks!
Hope I can find a good bokuto.....

T

Turdnugget

Finding a good bokuto can be really hard... since runic saws seem to be in short supply and people haven't really duped those yet.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've burned many a saw recently, and have some decent ones that I don't use (because I'm too picky). This includes 10 SSI, DI, and 35ish hit spell (I have fireball and magic arrow). I also have one that includes the mods listed + Mana Leech. All on Great Lakes.

T

Turdnugget

Mine has SSI, HLD, HLA, Hit Spell, HCI... it gets the job done =)

And a no-dachi with 45 mana, 45 hit spell (light or fireball, can't remember off hand) 15 SSI and 40 some DI. The one I was using before is 44 Fireball, 30 SSI, 14 energy resist.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, the probability ratings for a good heartwood runic to drop have been slim to none. With those 15 charges though you can make some pretty handy bokuto's depending on what mods you are striving for.

It seems to take a TON more of turn ins now to get one. Only 1 though in the past 800,000 or so though.