• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone Else Keeping Up On Aion?

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail All!

I hope everyone is doing well, slightly nude, and healthy; not necessarily in that order. I was just curious if anyone else out there has been keeping up on the game Aion: The Tower of Eternity. I've been keeping tabs on this bugger, and holy bajeez... This blinkin' game is just gorgeous, and from the tidbits of information that I'm gathering from the "official site" as well as fansites, there seems to be a plethora of variety for everyone. I'm sincerely looking forward to Aion's release, and it looks like it's got that extra "something" to it.

I'm not going to go into the details of the storyline, which can easily be found if you're not intoxicated. Some interesting tidbits that made me go, "That looks pretty dang good!"... At this point and time, it seems that there are two playable races which have their own, unique look as well as their respective abilities. Eventually, each race will be able to get their wings (one looks feathery/angelic while the other race possesses dark/batlike wings), hence they'll have the ability to blinkin' fly. At this time, this means that a player who wishes to do so can fight someone else in aerial combat; furthermore, a player will have the ability to kick some arse on targets that are on the ground, PvP or PvE. I believe the player has a limited flight time, and from what I can gather, there are ways to increase this ability. Granted, this has been done in other games, and I totally recognize and concede to that, but I think the overall package, i.e. the graphics and music gives Aion that extra "oomph".

From the looks of it, the game has an overall fantasy flavor to it; however, there may be elements of sci-fi thrown in there as well. Speaking for myself, I'm not really a big fan of "leveling up", and who knows, perhaps there is a form of Skill type system; however, Korea is currently in closed beta at this time so they'll have first-hand knowledge of the mechanics of Aion.

The classes seem pretty nice. I saw a Summoner type class, and from the looks of it, not only can the player control their pets, the pets also "grow" as well. The quests look really interesting, with a dash of cutscenes to help the storyline/action move along nicely. I'm only scratching the surface because there are other things like raids, players affecting the server through their actions, tailoring, cooking, PvP, PvE, etc...

If anyone has any thoughts or comments, I'd love to hear from you! Thank you in advance.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail There,

Judging from what I've seen either on fansites, site/sites, and footage, it really looks they'll have everything for everyone. If anything, having aerial combat with an avatar that can ejaculate wings for "x" amount of time... That sounds like good times to me. I wonder if the game will also take advantage of DX 10 because some games out there like Tabula Rasa (which is blinkin' GORGEOUS on the high-end settings) really take advantage of that.

I'm still keeping tabs on this one, and perhaps I'll see some familiar faces from here in the world of Aion...? That would be orgasmic.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow...

I just saw more stuff on Aion, and this is definitely one I'm fired up about. Not a high-blood pressure type of fired up, mind you, but a orgasmically coolness factor-type of thing. The classes look interesting, and from the looks of it, it doesn't appear to be a "press 1,2,3,4" type of game as there are moves that lead up to combos and higher damage moves. The Assassin class looks insane, with the ability to actually stealth and (from what I've watched so far) not able to be seen by targets, NPCs and PCs, alike. Looks like Aion has all the exemplary elements/ideas from other games (online or otherwise) to make it a very strong, new competitor in the world of online gaming.

I'm hoping there's in-game voice already included, i.e. Richard Garriott's Tabula Rasa and Dungeons and Dragons Online, to name a few. The in-game voice works surprisingly well! Again, I'm keeping my eye on Aion!

I'm going to call it now, let the records show...! Perhaps an aion.stratics.com in the near future???

G

Yeah that does look pretty nice. I think the biggest thing that worries me about any game are the controls if the control is crap the game is crap in my opinion.

I have tried many many new games and most have let me down in the control department making the game unplayable for me.

But controls aside this game looks pretty rad. The idea of being able to fly around and having a great combat system is very appealing to me. The style may not be exactly what I am in to but it still looks fun from what I have seen.

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I totally agree! From what I've seen and from what I've read, the in-game controls and even the flight mechanics/controls are really intuitive, smooth, and also one must think of their moves because a combination can either be halted (by an NPC or even your opponent) or build up your own combo/moves in order to unleash greater damaging moves. It really sounds like you do have to come with some strategy and of course, the graphics and music is just simply amazing.

I've also read about the Divine Power that characters can accumulate and not only can this be used in combat but it can also be used in crafting (which is blinkin' cool). At release, there will be two factions, and you can join one or the other faction per server (of course, this can change).

The Abyss, which sounds like an open PvP area has its rewards as well, so it seems like this game will be covering all aspects of what people want to do, PvE, PvP, crafting, exploring, upgrading, competition, raids, etc...etc... Again, they're taking many elements from games past (online or otherwise), and I'm hoping there'll be a cohesive and polished (fingers crossed) product when this bugger goes Live.

I'm just curious if it'll take advantage of Direct X 10...? So far, no confirmation on it, and games like Richard Garriott's Tabula Rasa look stunning using Vista's DX 10 capabilities.

I also agree with you with the fact that, eventually, a person will be able to blinkin' FLY with either angelic-like wings from one faction or the batlike wings from the other faction. How blinkin' cool is that??? An X, Y, and Z axis will add more flavor to the mix, which is a good thing.

Sorry if my post seems incohesive and random, but man, I'm excited about Aion. Folks, if you haven't checked it out, it's definitely worth looking into. There are sites that provide information and there's footage that made me take a second, third, and fourth look at Aion-esque stuff.

One of my questions is that if I become a Daeva (winged version of one's avatar), will I be able to lay golden blinkin' eggs...??? That would sincerely rock.