• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone else having Lag issues since latest Patch?

Prince Erik

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Alas, I've had to give up on Pincos and just run the regular EC. The lag problem diminishes a lot without it. I still get sync issues quite often where after running and I stop my character will "hop" a tile or three after a couple of seconds but I've learned to expect it and stop a tile or two away from where I really want to end up... ;) At least UO is playable this way and I can do the Pit with no problems.

I miss Pincos but honestly, the standard EC client runs so much smoother.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've tried to figure out what it could be but for the past few weeks I have been running the default EU without Pinco UI as the lag problem is still there when I use Pinco's.

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same here. I start Pincos' a 20 minutes later I start to lag, not matter what i'm doing at the time. I now just play regular EC :(

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok well I have been 'away' for the past 6 weeks travelling. Logged in upon my return to find the lag is absolutely like running in quicksand. Tried the new dungeon and lag was killing me, then went with another to the pit to try and do that again. Impossible. I turned Pinco's off and found the lag in the pitt disappeared. So can anyone else operate in those areas with Pinco's running and has @Pinco said anything about why the lag is just killing us all now? Since pub 93 the EC has been impossible for me to play with Pincos running even crafting and just stocking vendors is lagged to hell. I love Pinco's UI but right now cannot use it if I actually want to Play UO.

Anyone else figured out a fix for this or has everyone just given up?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I gave up. Pinco can't find the cause and says he can't reproduce it. I turned it off but I do miss it...

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive always had lag issues...thought thats how it is...

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well no, while it had a little lag sometimes now it is like me playing on Atlantic which has relocated to the Moon. I can't even play on my home shard, not even tried to log into a USA shard. If I can't move on Oceania no hope on TC or anywhere else. Is ANYONE still playing normally (ie no extra lag) with Pinco's or are all of us just lagged to hell or given up. Really want to know if it is ALL Pinco users or just a select few of us?

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I stopped using Pincos because of the lag. Regular EC works without lag, though I do miss some of Pincos functions.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
So you definitely think Pincos' is the cause? Is it also causing the crashing to desktop that is randomly happening? I will have to try without Pinco this evening, I already died once today due to random crashing and then I couldn't log back in for 15 minutes. :(

Zeke

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't had any issues at all running the regular EC.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok well I have been 'away' for the past 6 weeks travelling. Logged in upon my return to find the lag is absolutely like running in quicksand. Tried the new dungeon and lag was killing me, then went with another to the pit to try and do that again. Impossible. I turned Pinco's off and found the lag in the pitt disappeared. So can anyone else operate in those areas with Pinco's running and has @Pinco said anything about why the lag is just killing us all now? Since pub 93 the EC has been impossible for me to play with Pincos running even crafting and just stocking vendors is lagged to hell. I love Pinco's UI but right now cannot use it if I actually want to Play UO.

Anyone else figured out a fix for this or has everyone just given up?
I'm still trying to find the cause but for now no clue, no errors, even after changing and disabling stuff nothing seems to change... the only things left are hotbars and paperdolls, and some tests on paperdolls will be up on the next publish (as soon as I can find the new sculptures ids...)

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm still trying to find the cause but for now no clue, no errors, even after changing and disabling stuff nothing seems to change... the only things left are hotbars and paperdolls, and some tests on paperdolls will be up on the next publish (as soon as I can find the new sculptures ids...)
Thanks I hope you find it as I really hate playing in the stock EC. (Although still better than cc :p) I would be happy with the stock EC if it had the color coding/imbuing intensity stuff, scalable tmaps and loot sort. I am missing loot sort and the colors tho.

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have encountered the same lag issues and have now returned to bog standard EC with major improvements in performance. I also sincerely echo what @DJAd said earlier. Thank you for taking the time to try and track this down @Pinco.