• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone else experiencing east coast lag issues?

S

Spector_Napa

personally myself for the last month or 2 ive been experienceing nothing but massive lag on my east coast shards only. i live in toronto ontario on the east coast of canada and im pinging consistantly better and faster to west coast shards then i ping to east coast. anyone else experiencing this or is it just my isp?

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're not alone. Well I'm not pinging better to the west coast servers, I am having lag spikes on the east coast servers. Many people are having these same intermittent lag spikes to EA's network. There was another thread about it, but I think original poster flipped out and went postal and closed his account because of UO's poor network performance.

With all the problems that UO currently has, adding poor network performance into the mix, which directly effects pvp and pvm, will be the last straw for many people.

Come on EA/Mythic, look into this soon!

B

blust4

You're not alone. Well I'm not pinging better to the west coast servers, I am having lag spikes on the east coast servers. Many people are having these same intermittent lag spikes to EA's network. There was another thread about it, but I think original poster flipped out and went postal and closed his account because of UO's poor network performance.

With all the problems that UO currently has, adding poor network performance into the mix, which directly effects pvp and pvm, will be the last straw for many people.

Come on EA/Mythic, look into this soon!
I play multi shards. I think the cause of that lag is too many items in that character's bank, not the location of shard server. If I play any newbie character, there is no lag for me at all. If the character I play has more than 125 items in the bank, I suffer from the lag. The explanation is that EA increase the bank box capacity, it could be store in secondary memory which is more slower to access. Even you are not in the bank area, those items are always with your character no matter where he/she is.

Unload your bank and store those items in your house. You will run like carrying only a feather.

Raider Red

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play multi shards. I think the cause of that lag is too many items in that character's bank, not the location of shard server. If I play any newbie character, there is no lag for me at all. If the character I play has more than 125 items in the bank, I suffer from the lag. The explanation is that EA increase the bank box capacity, it could be store in secondary memory which is more slower to access. Even you are not in the bank area, those items are always with your character no matter where he/she is.

Unload your bank and store those items in your house. You will run like carrying only a feather.
I just want to confirm what blust4 has just said,I had been really laggy on my miner and when I played a new char on a different shard I wasn't laggy there so I checked my miners bank box and it had like 120 items and mostly baords ingots bod rewards and such so I rmeove them all and left my bank box with only 20 items and voila my miner was no longer laggy.

And this was on my old computer when EVERY little thing lagged me out,but now I dont have any lag at all,especially since I went back to cable internet instead of wirelss.Wireless sucks for any mmorpg playing,it is little better than cable/dsl on everything else.

Note-I am not a qualified expert or anything just a great guy with a masters degree in BS.Plus I am a pasionate uo player too.:danceb:

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's good info on the items in the bank and in back packs. My problem isn't related to that tho.

My problem is intermittent lag spikes. It's not just me, as others in vent will experiance this lag at the sametime as me.

Also when these lag spikes happen I try to fire up UOTrace and do a trace to atlantic.owo.com and see if it is a network problem and which HOP along the network route is manfesting the problem.

Take this trace route for example. My ping is great and my con is normal to EA's Atlantic server. However, when lag spikes happen and I do a traceroute it's always the last two HOPs having the increased ping time. Sometimes as hight as 222ms. If the trace is normal all the way to EA's servers, except for the last two HOPs having higher then normal pings. Odds are good that the network slowdown is on EA's end.

Host Name IP Address Hop Ping Time Ping Avg % Loss Pkts r/s Ping best/worst
* Unknown Host * xx.xx.xxx.xxx 2 11ms 17ms 0% 4 / 4 11ms / 18ms
* Unknown Host * 205.152.208.12 3 11ms 16ms 0% 4 / 4 11ms / 17ms
axr01msy-0-3-1.bellsouth.net 65.83.236.31 4 11ms 17ms 0% 4 / 4 11ms / 18ms
* Unknown Host * 65.83.238.80 5 15ms 17ms 0% 4 / 4 15ms / 18ms
* Unknown Host * 65.83.238.202 6 16ms 100% 0 / 4
tbr2.attga.ip.att.net 12.122.117.78 7 37ms 100% 0 / 4
cr1.attga.ip.att.net 12.122.17.89 8 36ms 100% 0 / 4
cr2.wswdc.ip.att.net 12.122.1.174 9 38ms 100% 0 / 4
tbr1.wswdc.ip.att.net 12.122.16.62 10 41ms 100% 0 / 4
gar2.ascva.ip.att.net 12.122.113.13 11 37ms 100% 0 / 3
* Unknown Host * 12.116.77.34 12 36ms 100% 0 / 3
fert07-eqx-iad.ea.com 159.153.224.226 13 37ms 37ms 0% 3 / 3 37ms / 38ms
* Unknown Host * 159.153.233.23 14 38ms 37ms 0% 3 / 3 37ms / 38ms

H

Harb

Yes. There are several posts along this theme. Needs a fixin!