• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone but me seeing the consecrate weapon delay since publish?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just thought i'd pop into this old thread to see if we got an Answer........NOPE.
We still know 'what' they did but they still haven't told us 'why' they changed a +5 years old game mechanic....
Is anyone actually still at the Broadsword offices or is it just Mesanna now and a few different accounts???

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Bump. This is NOT working as intended.
Chivalry was intended to give a bonus to damage dealt by a melee warrior.
This change to Consecrate Weapon gives you a missed swing, so that's a penalty.
The consecrate effect works for about 8 seconds. That's about 4 swings. Use Consecrate Weapon and you miss a swing -- a 25% damage penalty right there. Do you get a 25%+ damage increase to make up for that? Mostly, you don't. Net result is less damage dealt per unit time.

Please fix. Then check ALL the other abilities this change affected for similar math.

Then, fix Enemy Of One which has been broken for a while. Most of the time it gives no bonus whatsoever because you're already at damage cap, but still subjects you to the double damage from everything else. It should always give you a bonus -- and if you decide not to do that, then if it's not going to give you a bonus it should automatically turn itself off.

For completeness: 120 bushido, 120 weapon skill, 120 parrying, 100 tactics, 100 anatomy, 100 healing, 60 chivalry. Classic client.

Finley Grant

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If i would deliver such work/service to paying customers i would get fired...

Its like going to a store an ordering red paint for your house, paying the bill for 200 cans.
2 Weeks later you order workers to paint your house. They open the cans an find green paint.

You complain and get AS answer: yeah we changed it to green that matches better to your eye color...
An no: you cant give back paint specially mixed for you.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Still messed up. See reply #102 for analysis. Also messed with are Evasion and Confidence.
Bleak, please just back this change out.
Does it increase Broadsword revenue? NO. Does it increase fun? NO. Does it balance the game? NO. (The Eodon expansion is for tamers!) Then why do it?

Mr. Smither1

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The damage bonus from a bushido char using whirlwind is still only hitting the first target and the lumberjacking damage bonus is only hitting the first target using whirlwind.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings everyone,
its more than a year ago since i took a break in playing uo. Now with the new addon i thought i would grab my bushido paladin and explore this new world and maybe restart doing some peerless and so on.

First i read about those new masteries and found them quite interesting. But now i found this thread and i was terrified what was done here. I will give it a try because i left my account running (i think its paid til end of month) but i wont buy the addon. If after some testing this change in melee combat is as devastating as i fear it is i will quit uo for the last time and this will be forever.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings everyone,
its more than a year ago since i took a break in playing uo. Now with the new addon i thought i would grab my bushido paladin and explore this new world and maybe restart doing some peerless and so on.

First i read about those new masteries and found them quite interesting. But now i found this thread and i was terrified what was done here. I will give it a try because i left my account running (i think its paid til end of month) but i wont buy the addon. If after some testing this change in melee combat is as devastating as i fear it is i will quit uo for the last time and this will be forever.
It's not that bad. Just makes you a touch slower, and may get you killed every now and then. Nothing TOO major. Annoying yes. As annoying as the change happening out of the blue and with no explanation or justification? Nope. :(

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Greetings everyone,

I'm a straight-paladin... still able to dish it out and only suffer the bug every now and then. I wouldn't say it is unplayable.... but if you know the mechanics of it you can sorta work around the handicap.

Duncan Drake

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i think i will try to sort cw ompletely out and go along with 100% el weapons. Other spells like df have a longer duration so there it should not really matter