• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Provocation] Anyone been using a Bard to deal with Void Manifestation ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering whether anyone might have so far been using a bard to deal with this new creature, the Void Manifestation.

I do not see how it would be possible to use a Bard at all, since bardic abilities need line of sight and this means a Bard is incapacitated to hide because hiding breaks line of sight and so any Bardic ability ceases to function....
And not being able to hide at a spawn where the Void manifestation easily retargets onto the player that is visible even from a far distance means dieing one too often....

I mean, a Bard must be at sight distance from the targets in order to use bardic abilities with them. BUT, by being visible this means the Void Manifestation inevitably targeting the player which means consequent sure death.

So, I hardly see how a Bard could be used at all with this spawn but thought to ask anyways. Maybe barding abilities were changed and now bardic skills work even while hidden ?

Is the surrounding spawn enough to keep the Void busy until it dies ?

Are there much problems in succesfully provoke the Gargoyles onto the Void ?

Also, did you find some good use to help in the fight for some Bard Mastery ?

Thanks.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
my only experiance was i went in and killed those red gargs and the rousers for a hour straight and never saw the big boss, so i have up.

and i was dropping those gargs in seconds.
must killed near a hundred.

so i figured either the spawn was broke or i was doing something wrong.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my only experiance was i went in and killed those red gargs and the rousers for a hour straight and never saw the big boss, so i have up.

and i was dropping those gargs in seconds.
must killed near a hundred.

so i figured either the spawn was broke or i was doing something wrong.

Can I ask how on earth did you deal with the incapacity of hiding since all bardic abilities require continuous line of sight to work ??

If you hide to break aggros, any provoke, peace, disco you did, will stop working for lack of line of sight. you cannot even run away since this will also break line of sight and stop the bardic ability to function. The bard is stuck to stay there, visible, and be a target of all the spawn around.........

And if the bard does not hide, that is a nasty spawn with all Gargoyles being throwers and casters of Rising Colossuses summoned against the bard...

How did you handle all that ?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Popps, I'm amazed you didn't notice this even during bard training, but you don't always have to be visible within range. You can quickly invis or pop off screen, as long as you don't go out of range/invis for too long.

Example, I have 2 para cu sidhe provoked right by the grassy exit from the twisted weald, I need another pup. I can run all the way to the desert, attack a pup and get it to follow me back and if I move at a reasonable speed the provoke is still going when I bring the pup over.

Now yes, you can't invis and just sit there invulnerable. It is just a brief delay when you invis and count it out. But it doesn't take much tactical skill to figure this out - you can use those seconds to great effect with practice.

So you take that observation and a bit of trial and error on safer spawn and you'll be able to make up your own tactics that would possibly work for a bard there.

Wenchy

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
11 seconds.

the bard lives and dies by 11 seconds.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Popps, I'm amazed you didn't notice this even during bard training, but you don't always have to be visible within range. You can quickly invis or pop off screen, as long as you don't go out of range/invis for too long.

Example, I have 2 para cu sidhe provoked right by the grassy exit from the twisted weald, I need another pup. I can run all the way to the desert, attack a pup and get it to follow me back and if I move at a reasonable speed the provoke is still going when I bring the pup over.

Now yes, you can't invis and just sit there invulnerable. It is just a brief delay when you invis and count it out. But it doesn't take much tactical skill to figure this out - you can use those seconds to great effect with practice.

So you take that observation and a bit of trial and error on safer spawn and you'll be able to make up your own tactics that would possibly work for a bard there.

Wenchy

I haven't played a Bard in ages.

I used Bards back when line of sight was not mandatory but then my interests moved onto other types of templates.

So it is 11 seconds the allowed time to exit line of sight and get back into line of sight in order to avoid losing the Bard ability being played....

I wished there was a Bard mastery that extended this time considerably.....

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you haven't barded in the years that change has been out...Hmm, I'd say you need to get back in practice, then get testing out the timer. Rather than reading 11 seconds and thinking it won't be enough.

Once you learn the new system, it's quite functional. It's not perfect, but you do need to get used to it and try things before deciding you need more time.

Try it and see how you get on.

Wenchy

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ive been using my mage/disco/provoker to kill these voids quite easily. I lure the outcasts away, then kill the rousers (cause only the rouser will make voids spawn) with energy vortexes and disco it. And when the rouser summons a colossus I just voke that back on the rouser or the void. Its really quite simple to solo them on bard.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya i went out last night and pulled 14 of the crystals.

i thought it was one of the easiest spawns ive ever done.

so im not sure what the problem is....

disco, EV, inspire, provo, provo, provo get crystal, rinse repeat. (Void)

as for the normal spawn just plain provo.
drop discos as needed.