1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Broadsword team is seeking alternative castle designs! Learn more and discuss here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Broadsword is hosting a 20th Anniversary Party for UO this September! Learn more here. Will you be there, Guest?
    Dismiss Notice

Any way for Dev's/GM's to track item history?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by cdavbar, May 16, 2017.

1. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hello,

So today I was going around shopping. I stopped at a regular spot and bought a set of virtue tile deeds, because I needed some for my new remodel in progress. I then stopped at another shop and bought a Carved Myrmidex Glyph and a bunch of rare plants that were priced great so I could clip them and make them into dyes.

Fast forward 15-20 minutes later or so. I am sitting at West Brit Bank helping out with a focus and realize I now have 6 Iron Keys in my backpack. 3 of the keys were just "Iron Keys", the other three are "An Iron Key Of Exceptional Quality, Exceptional".

I did not purchase any of these keys. I did not pick up any keys. They just appeared. Exact time they appeared I do not know but sometime within the past hour I'd have to guess. I have not owned any of these double exceptional keys since I lost my castle 3 years ago or so.

So I'm wondering, have they put in a system to track item history yet?

Any help with trying to figure out how these appeared would be great as I am confused as all can be on it. @Mesanna

2. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

were the items you bought bagged? perhaps they were hiding under the other things in the bag?

3. cdavbar

cdavbar Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I feel like an idiot now. I was moving some stuff around an had a key ring, I may have released all the keys, that is the only possible place they could of come from, however I didn't realize it had keys on it, or double exceptional keys for that matter.

Lord Nabin likes this.
  4. Marky mark

Marky mark Journeyman

I had something like this happen to me a couple days back. This was when the ATL servers kept going down and reverts kept happening as well. I logged in and had notice some jewelry in my backpack I had never picked up and most of all they were cursed! I know for a fact that I would never pick up any cursed items. I have no idea how they ended up in my backpack

5. Slayvite

Slayvite Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend

Just to add though, Yes, they added id codes to items a couple years back.
    They wont tell you about it but it is used to trace scams, bugs, exploits, dupes. (which is why duped cheques and some items will just delete themselves if you ever put the into a bankbox)

6. Lore

Lore Visitor

So question, a bit on topic, do the GMs and Dev team tags similar to the original post ever get frustrating to them if it's solvable by the user as this one was? I see a lot of people tagging the devs and it just reminds me of emails I get at work that don't really need my attention.

I'm not trying to say this guy was wrong at all. I get frustrated too and I even emailed Mesanna one of my own issues... I'm just curious how they handle the flood of tags they get or if it's ever been mentioned.

7. Slayvite

Slayvite Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Supporter Stratics Legend

Oh that's an easy one to answer.
    They just have the whole Stratics tag system on Ignore.
    Occasionally they will pop in and browse a few but only on the topics they are doing.
    Which is why most people just send emails now.......and I would put money on it that they are filtered with keywords to auto drop into their junk mail box.