• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any Treasure Hunters on this Shard?

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm looking to chat with someone who frequently does treasure maps, the higher the level the better. I've been gone for far too long and the changes are hard to get a grip on. I'd like to pick someone's brain for a few minutes about the changes.

Thanks in advance for any replies. ICQ 57206514

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm relatively familiar with the process, though I'd taken some time off from T-hunting until recently, as I had to rebuild my template to allow me to add mining.

Try to get hold of me in-game.

S

Smurcoch

I have a thunter, and frankly, I hate the new system, but you do with it what you can.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've pretty much resigned to the fact that I have to pick up mining on my treasure hunter.

My question is, once my mining is high enough to dig 4 tiles, is that considered a 4x4 square?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Not sure - I have a hard enough time finding spots with GM mining (well, 90 plus the Jacob's Pickaxe from New Haven for the other 10).

BTW, my ICQ is 2878324. Tell me on stratics when to turn it on, and I will (usually I don't have it turned on).

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I worked it up to 85 mining, I use Jacob's Pickaxe, and the +5 minng gloves. It's been working out pretty well. I've done over 30 maps so far, and back in my old routine, I can solo a level six now. I'm so glad the soulstone timer is gone. Now I just need to upgrade to HS so I can do a level 7.

Pulled an MIB from a chest today, time to dust off my fisher. I hope there's cool stuff inside that thing too.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Note that mine beats yours and PR's by an entire magnitude (7 digits, compared to your 8 digits)

One of my friends had one in the mid-6-digits. He passed away 5 years ago in his mid-30s under odd circumstances, while appearing perfectly healthy. Supposedly, an undiagnosed heart condition, when he'd spent months in the hospital the year before after surviving a GAS WELL EXPLOSION (at arms length! And he only had needed one skin graft on his arm the size of a baseball, all the other burns healed much better than doctors expected in half the time), where he had so many monitors hooked to him that it should have been discovered - but, his father was about to buy into what was probably a scam by the Kiev mob at the time of his death.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ack, pointed mining down, accepted 100 lockpicking, and wiped mining out. I need to pay more attention. Mining back to 66, so I have 3 tiles with Jacobs Pickaxe and mining gloves. I've yet to pull a level 7, just upgraded to High Seas, thanks to my RL uncle, and LooT guildmember. Off to slay the queen of all scorpions, hope to pull a 7 off of one of her maps that I'll dig soon.

I'm loving the loot these chests give now. For all future treasure hunters, mining is a must, IMO.

Pulled an mib from a chest today, I think I'm going to love the fishing changes once I pull that sucker up, hope getting that 120 scroll isn't to bad, and then working up the skill, ask!

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just created my new T Hunter.

Elf
Mystic/Mage Archer

Magery 80
Focus 120
Mystic 120
Mining 100
Archery 100
Tactics 100
Cart 100
Lock Picking 100

100 Skill points from items (crystal ring, deer hunters head dress, stitchers mittens, imbued bracelet)

70/70/70/70/75 all wood land armor

still working out the stats

Now I just have to figure out the new system. Can anyone post how they find the chest for me?

Thanks

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Find me in game, I'll go over it with you in great detail. ICQ 57206514, I'll be on general chat too, I'll be on after 730 pm EST

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Vampster, treasure map libraries don't work anymore. The map locations are random and having mining at 100 gives you a 4 tile area for your dig. So it greatly increases you chance of hitting a random spot when you are close to it.

I hope that is clear, it sounded clear in my head.

Delbrie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Find me in game, I'll go over it with you in great detail. ICQ 57206514, I'll be on general chat too, I'll be on after 730 pm EST
Great Thanks! I am going to finish working some skill up on this character and then I will be ready!

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm game for treasure hunting any day, I've got a of of low level maps, and can do a quick walk thru anytime you are online. Up to level three can be done without lockpicker at all. PM me or icq for more.

D

Dark Angel XXXX

We are going to try and do some Tmaps this evening....Should be alot of fun....Going to meet meet up about 7:30pm central time......If anyone would like to join us just give us a yell in general chat in game...Sorry I dont have ICQ....
Hehe I am working on getting tinker legs but so far no luck :(....