• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any Tamer take on Eternal Gazers and Live to tell the tale?

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
If you have disco, they become much easier to beat with your tamer.
But really, don't bother with them. They're no longer worth the trouble since the publish that made shame loot global. Their loot is trash now, just like unbound EVs loot.

Herp!

Journeyman
There's also that thing where they take 50% less damage from and (I think)do 50% more damage to pets..... so yeah, I'd ignore them even with disco.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
They aren't too bad as far as damage dealt to GD but they take a long time with or without disco and as Bealank said, their loot is low and pretty much worthless compared to other quicker kills.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
What would be a better and quicker kill in your opinion? ;)
Dunno about his opinion, but balrons fall way quicker, have a lot more loot, with higher intensity and give you a lot of fame and karma. And if you kill them in Blackthorn's they also give you a chance to get minax arties.
But if you are in for a long, boring fight with trash loot, go fight Navrey instead. The fight will last about the same of that against an eternal gazer and you will have a chance to get a tangle/night eyes/3.0 pink while getting really trashy loot!

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
What's the safest place to fight Balrons with a warrior? Not counting Blackthorn's Castle.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
With a decent sampire and a demon slayer weapon (I personally like the Radiant Scimitar, imbued, for the bladeweave special) you can go to blood dungeon and have a quick solo spawn. It is not a long run to the gate if you need a rez. Becareful of the paragons, they are tough but doable but you may have to run and heal a few times. The loot is so/so but the gold adds up quick. A tamer with a nice luck suit will rack up better loot their than a sampire. Here are different places the Balron spawns.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could also try the fan dancer dojo and also inside palace of paroxysmus but lots of spawn in palace.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
You could also try the fan dancer dojo and also inside palace of paroxysmus but lots of spawn in palace.
Forgot about fan dancer dojo, yeah the Balron there is quite isolated. Thanks!

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Not ready for Balron yet...eheh got my ass handed to me..well, almost...

I'm doing Arctic Ogre Lords, anything with better loot than those and around the same danger level?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tsuki wolves on Homare - stay topside of the road and avoid the bake kitsunes.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Not ready for Balron yet...eheh got my ass handed to me..well, almost...

I'm doing Arctic Ogre Lords, anything with better loot than those and around the same danger level?
This should go on the warrior forums, but eh, dungeon blackthorn, suit yourself with an undead slayer weapon and a 100% cold double strike weapon and hit either the rotting corpses room or the exodus minions room on the lower end of the dungeon.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
This should go on the warrior forums, but eh, dungeon blackthorn, suit yourself with an undead slayer weapon and a 100% cold double strike weapon and hit either the rotting corpses room or the exodus minions room on the lower end of the dungeon.
I know...thing is I have a Tamer and a Warrior so it kind of slipped from one to the other.
Thanks!

Deadly Serious

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What's the safest place to fight Balrons with a warrior? Not counting Blackthorn's Castle.
Blood Dungeon in illshenar spawns 1 balron by itself in a big room, be careful if it spawns paragon though I sometimes get jumped on my best templates.

Nizam

Visitor
Thought I would share my experiences as well. With regards to eternal gazers I struggled with them and had to recall out. Afterwards, I used the consume damage mastery and my GD could tank it fine, but its almost impossible to get it below 4 or 8% health. So I logged in my second account and brought in another GD and it dropped to 0% health but wouldn't quite die, So I had to spam Corp Por from both mages I had on screen. Then it finally died. Yes the loot is crap, but I was training the GD and the shadow ele available had wrestling/tactics that were too low, so I 'trained' it on the eternal gazer, maxed out wrestling/tactics and even pushed resist up quite a bit. Everything people say here is correct, it is in no way worth it. These rooms used to have Elder Gazers which people would afk farm with 5 dragons in tow. And they would never leave, You couldn't do enough damage to loot them and if you invis'ed his pets he could report you and get you banned. So in short it was crap even when it was elder gazers instead of eternal. I think the eternal gazers are the way they are now as a way of dealing with all the complaints that came about during that time.

With regards to Blood Dungeon, with consume damage the GD holds up extremely well against a Balron. The paragon version might require you to heal your GD, but at no where near the frequency it was before the TOL content. Gone are the days where I go through 500-1k bandages fighting balrons in 30-45 minutes. To give you a complete picture I tried this with 2 GDs, one was a 3.6 and the other a 4.0. My real taming lore (relevent to mastery) is 120/120 and I have all 3 primers

I wanted to also note that honor killing the balron will take you to Knight of Honor, and in my opinion is the easiest monster to do so (Succuubus has AOE life leech and will switch target to you). It does a lot of damage but it has far less HP than a wild GD and goes down much quicker. I don't view the Paragon version of it as enough of a disadvantage to overlook the blood dungeon.

Gamer_Goblin

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It also has Blood Eles nearby that you can solo until you can take the Balron. The paragons are nasty, but doable if you're very careful.

I like the Efreets near the Garg city and Demons near the Ancient Wrym spawn as well in Ilsh if you can't do the Efreets.

Don't do the Ancient Wrym.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I wanted to also note that honor killing the balron will take you to Knight of Honor, and in my opinion is the easiest monster to do so (Succuubus has AOE life leech and will switch target to you). It does a lot of damage but it has far less HP than a wild GD and goes down much quicker. I don't view the Paragon version of it as enough of a disadvantage to overlook the blood dungeon.
Actually, Thrasher in Fel Grove also takes you to knight of honour and he is much easier and faster to kill with pets than a balron.
Provides good wrestling training too.

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
eternal gazers with a glass cannon:

120 sword
120 bushido
120 tactics
110 taming (jewel)
110 Lore (jewel)
90 vet
75 chiv

Steps:

1. Stand next to door trapping EG inside.
2. Tell pet to stay
3. Use invis Pot
4. Open Door (while invised)
5. Gazer will attack dragon but dragon wont fight back.
6. Honor gazer, tell dragon to attack, then you attack with AI (160-180 damage)

Your damage plus the dragons damage adds up pretty quick.

Unfortunately their loot totally stinks now. Yes looking at you
@Kyronix

Last edited: