• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any RP in the soul of Siege?

Lyssa_HOoO

Visitor
For those who like their game to have underlying RP stories, you will know what to do :)

So much had been learned by remaining motionless and patient. Lyssa leaned against the tree, silent, hidden and watched the coming and going through the magical portal. The numbers of those who call themselves “virtuous” had grown. Their control of the towns of Sosaria had increased. The most recent “acquisition” at the cost of Lyssa’s own promised appointment by the King.

The years had been difficult. Lyssa could not understand how it had come to pass that a line had been drawn and those who did not agree with the king had been labeled followers of Vice. The day to day actions of most of those called Vice were no different than those who proudly proclaimed to be the followers of the Virtuous path, yet they (Vice) were looked upon as troublemakers and lesser citizens. Rapidly two sides had formed, conflict, turmoil, war being the result. Both sides right, both sides wrong and who was in the middle benefitting from the ongoing chaos? Something or someone was behind the unrest in the world but that discovery would have to wait. The cities needed the forces of those called followers of Vice to protect their right to speak their mind and believe as they wish.

The “Vice” forces were rag tag at best, frequently outnumbered, mostly undisciplined but they were beginning to gain a foothold - small victories, day by day. For now it was survival and defense of their different ideas and lifestyle; a battle to be allowed an equal station and role in Sosarian life.

The Minocian call for assistance raised Lyssa from her contemplation. She glanced down at the now crumpled parchment in her hand. Kheloth was coming home. Her path was clear, Lyssa would fight with these dissenters, fight at Kheloth’s side until the towns were freed from the oppressors.

She shouldered her bow, effortlessly slipped out of human form and moved off on silent paws.

And yes I will be running for Governor. The city is still undecided but will be the one that presents the best options for some good old fashioned RP conflict and rivalry.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The Dark Outlaws know very well, that the ones who claim to follow the Virtue not always understand the Virtue Principles (Truth, Courage, Love, Humility) and som of them mess it up with the Anti Virtue Principles (Falsehood, Cowardice, Hatred, Pride).

Many of the Outlaws, the Unwanted do follow the Virtue but as Lyssa say, the king had been labeled followers of Vice because they fight for their right and believes. The Dark Outlaws will try to help claim the towns for the people who live there, the ones who care for their towns.

As the Queen of the Outlaws, I will try to guide my men to make the right choice, but the choice is theirs.

The Queen herself will not run for a town as she already are Mayor in Safe Haven.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I am here to defend the virtues from scum like you. (As long as you promise not to loot me if I die.)( Also I will only defend them on every other Sunday because I have work.)
Do I read this wrong or will you be fighting on the Virtue side at the Sundays *Looks a little confuse*

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
A message for the Citizens of Minoc

As your appointed Governor of Minoc I am asking all Citizens of Minoc to please register this week to vote for the next Governor of Minoc. I will be running and I hope that there is a good turn out for the Election this coming June.

(OOC) Remember you can only vote once per account and that character you select must be respected in City loyalty to vote.
(IC)

Again I urge all citizens to turn out and vote this June. May it be a clean fun race for Office.

Sign this day of May 22nd
Governor of Minoc
Vixen​

Lyssa_HOoO

Visitor
"LYSSA!" The tone of voice made her falter in her planned "escape" and she considered using a smoke bomb.

"Yes, Kheloth?" The words were barely a squeak, more a whisper as she dreaded what was coming next. She turned and walked back to the work bench to meet her fate.

Kheloth just stared at her, she hated these moments, when he wouldn't talk. She would prefer he yelled at her but the long silent moments continued and her mind wandered. She couldn't help but smile as she noticed the spectacles balanced on her warrior friend's nose. He only used them for the fine detail bow repairs but still it made Lyssa smile to see an admission of less than perfection. Finally he turned back to his bench, picked up Lyssa's bow and sighed audibly. "You will never learn to repair your own bow or at least bring it to me before it is about to break, will you." Lyssa's smile was genuine now because she knew that was not a question but a statement of understanding, Kheloth was beginning to accept her "weaknesses".

"I wish I could say I would Kheloth but by now you know me well" She stepped closer to the work bench. Watching her friend as he masterfully crafted weapons, or in this case, repaired her beloved bow, was always a treat and one Kheloth didn't often allow; she continued quickly before he could banish her. "There is word in the lands that "Virtue" will try to regain control of the towns we freed. It is supposed to happen in the next few days."

"Then you will need your bow in top form." Kheloth barely glanced at Lyssa. "and you best let me repair your armor while you are here." It was good to have Kheloth home and she hoped he would not be called back to distant lands for a long while.

(OoC) Looking forward to some UO time the next few days. Seems like a busy weekend and as long as work doesn't call ...*considers hiding the cell phone* ... I hope to be out and about in UO acting like the red Lyssa is.

I will be running for Governor of Minoc because it would be the best opportunity for an RP rivalry both with the current Governor and the Governor of Magincia (who Lyssa likes to call the snoring governor). Since the seat for Magincia and Minoc are next to each other at Governor meetings, it allows Lyssa to continue her "harassment" of Ironfist. Plus I don't think I could live through becoming adored in another town, Lyssa still has splinters from dragging boards.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As a citizen of Minoc, I hope that your present absences are no indication of your future availability should you be fortunate enough to become the representative of our quaint little village. The other cities suffer horribly, and it is my guess that they will continue to do so, when it comes to actually filling the seats of both the Upper and Middle class.

Valar Morghulis
Middle Class Citizen of Minoc

Last edited:

Lyssa_HOoO

Visitor
As a citizen of Minoc, I hope that your present absences are no indication of your future availability should you be fortunate enough to become the representative of our quaint little village. The other cities suffer horribly, and it is my guess that they will continue to do so, when it comes to actually filling the seats of both the Upper and Middle class.

Valar Morghulis
Middle Class Citizen of Minoc
Well met Valar Morghullis,

My absences of late, while unavoidable in the quest for funding to continue my pursuit of the Governorship (OoC: gotta work to pay the bills), would be a burden on the citizens if it were to continue once elected. That is why, if elected Governor, I would call upon the just and true citizens of Minoc to serve as council to the Governor, the most trusted and respect to act in my stead as I continue to seek monetary support for our causes and our beloved Minoc.

As you see Valar, we are of the same mind when it comes to absentee leaders and I intend to do my best to cover my unavoidable absences whenever possible.

Lyssa
Hidden Order of Outcasts

Warrior in the cause of free thinking citizens.

Lyssa_HOoO

Visitor
Lyssa swore as she landed on the floor. Battle after battle she had seldom been bested and to be unceremoniously dropped on her ass this way was embarrassing. That boot would pay! As she picked up the offender and drew back to send it sailing toward the fireplace she realized she was being watched. Kheloth just stood in the door way to his training room, the slightest look of amusement evident.

"I seem to have had a boot removal failure." Lyssa mumbled something like that and continued quickly "the battles have been difficult and now the political wars are not going well either".

She hesitated as she watched Kheloth's face. "I know, you warned me about getting into the middle of politics but there are good people who deserve to have a voice! We just don't have the numbers, the influence to change the tide!" She waited for Kheloth to comment but all she got was an arched brow.

"I know, I know...get up out of the dirt, gear up and get back out there. Thanks Kheloth!" Lyssa pulled on a 2nd pair of boots, the first being banished for "insubordination", and loaded her quiver. As she headed out the door she was certain she heard Kheloth chuckle.

(OoC) No matter how the election goes, Lyssa will continue to fight for the free thinking people. The RP opportunity will be different but still there. Kheloth and Lyssa will continue to cause trouble and chaos whenever they can (and the blasted connection will let them) as long as everyone continues the understanding that none of this is personal but meant to make your heart beat faster and have a common goal to rally to (or character that you just HAVE TO KILL). For K and Lyssa that is the fight to disprove Virtue is the only right and Virtue fights to prove it is. So while the devs have not given us a reason and way to fight Virtue Vs. Vice (for real) I think Siege is doing a good job of creating it for ourselves. Let's keep it going :).

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Citizen of Minoc wake up if you will keep your freedom and not want to be ruled of the rich in the land, who care more about collection of taxes than helping the poor in the land. Vote for Lyssa, if you want to keep your freedom.
only few days left.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Citizen of Minoc wake up if you will keep your freedom and not want to be ruled of the rich in the land, who care more about collection of taxes than helping the poor in the land. Vote for Lyssa, if you want to keep your freedom.
only few days left.
Crafters of Minoc

Citizens of Minoc, hear me! The day is coming that we the Crafters of Minoc shall arise. Do not fear the warriors for without us they have little that can hurt us.

It is with our skills we craft weapons, armor. It is with our skills we repair those weapons and armor. We have the right to govern ourself as we see fit in this city known for their tinkers, craftsmen and artists. This notable place include the Guild of Artisans, no where in this city is there a guild of warriors.

Vote for me.
Governor Vixen

Image2Vixen.jpg Image4vixen.jpg Image6vixen.jpg Image8vixen.jpg

Been Fun, Good luck to all!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Dear Vixen

A town will need warriors to defend the town and the warriors will need good smiths to fix their armor and weapon. How will you manage to be governor for a whole town, when you don't know how to trade with other crafters to get shoes and a new dress in trade for tools and weapon. If your own ecomomy is a mess, how do you think it will go with the towns economy?

The warriers will keep the town safe and protect the Citizens and I'm not speaking of this so called Virtue Knights, who only want to protect the rich, who can pay well for their service. This Virtue Knights do not care about a little poor artisan girl.

Stop dreaming about being accepted of the virtue society, that will never happen, they do not care about you, they only care about money and status. Nothing good comes from them, the poor will get even more poor so they can get more rich.

I hope the Citizen of Minoc will vote to keep their freedom. A vote for Lyssa is a vote for a better life for the poor, the artisan, the Lower and the Middle class of the town. It will bring customers to the town as the town will have gardians to protect them.

The Unwanted Alliance will help gaurding the town and keep the crafters and their customers safe both in Minoc, Vesper, Cove and Safe Haven.

Citizens of Minoc, be careful who you vote for.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Minoc election has been bought and paid for. Non citizens have been recruited for the purpose of voting only and then will return to obscurity. Because of this, it is with a heavy heart that I have resigned my citizenship.

Valar Morghulis

Citizen of Sosaria

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Minoc election has been bought and paid for. Non citizens have been recruited for the purpose of voting only and then will return to obscurity. Because of this, it is with a heavy heart that I have resigned my citizenship.

Valar Morghulis

Citizen of Sosaria

Valar has not been himself lately...he rarely speaks publicly even for just a simple greeting, has begun taunting ships that at one time were familiar to him. He mutters in his sleep, "all men must die". I fear a Dark Passenger hiding just below the surface......

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I will continue to fight... to Free Minoc!

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Race is still open. Both sides can still lose and win. Pretty close at the moment. In New Mag and Britain the race is over, if you ask me.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL > I voted for Lyssa and had hopes she would win. But realistically I think every vet on Siege knew Drakelord would get the blind support from Gilfane because of his pixel tag. There is nothing wrong with what happened it's all been done before, it is with in the game limits. Voting is not over so there is a slim hope for Lyssa. Only way she wins is if Morgan Ironfist needs the votes to seal up New Magincia. Yes I know I am just throwing gas on the flames, but I believe this to be true. I will wait til the bitter end to drop my citizenship to Minoc. Then I will look to Jhelom or Britain. Role play away all, in the end it's all just pixels!

Have a wonderful day and don't fret about the lil things of life. Just me voicing my opinion while I wait for the doctor's to do thier thing! Just a bad mood maybe!:flame:

Baby Doll (IPKU)
Well well soon, BD. Best wishes!

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I have no citizen ship. I, as a crafter forever, will stand with minoc even if I can't vote. I always push for the tired and worn. I am also housed in makato and Luna right now so I might have to become a citizen there in fear of wars for not housing there. I am here to stay and want to join the battles for towns when needed :)

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Now the question is, will you vote side by GIL or side by TDO? you have a char in each guild?

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I have no citizen ship. I, as a crafter forever, will stand with minoc even if I can't vote. I always push for the tired and worn. I am also housed in makato and Luna right now so I might have to become a citizen there in fear of wars for not housing there. I am here to stay and want to join the battles for towns when needed :)
Now the question is, will you vote side by GIL or side by TDO? you have a char in each guild?
when faced with such a choice the best thing is to not VOTE!

I will understand and will back your choice up if need be here.

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I personally don't have 2 characters. I play Sarah-Ann and my hubby plays axtonz. We didn't know "rivals" and we don't choose sides or share thing between guilds. We play together and will try to hunt together but not start wars between guilds or try to "spy" for each guild. That's wouldn't help either guild in any way shape or form. Hubby joined TDO prior to me join in GIL. We have different play styles and different wants from the game. We both felt like made the right choice but sometimes feel like we made a bad choice of 2 different guilds. Maybe one day we will join the same but as of now not sure how to choose.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Sarah-Ann and Axtonz, this are all I need to know:)
We didn't know "rivals" and we don't choose sides or share thing between guilds. We play together and will try to hunt together but not start wars between guilds or try to "spy" for each guild. That's wouldn't help either guild in any way shape or form. Hubby joined TDO prior to me join in GIL.
I have no problem with you being GIL and Axtonz being TDO,

Planters

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Oh I wasn't saying anyone had any issues. I just always want to be known as honest and dependable whenever anyone says my name. I was a huge rares dealer back in the day when 500 mil was a bunch of gold on prodo shards and I know I would spend 500 mil like chump change. Had 3 18x18 filled max with 1mil checks. I don't expect to be that rich on siege but I do hope to be known for honest and trust. That's what made me rich and love the game back then.
As long as everyone knows me and hubby then I am happy and will keep working towards all my other goals.

Lyssa_HOoO

Visitor
Back to the RP!

Lyssa shook the rain from her shroud and kicked off her boots. The tea pot was already whistling on the stove and the fireplace crackled. It was an unusually cold, late spring day and she moved quickly to warm herself. She was just about to close her eyes when a cup appeared beside her cheek..

She smiled "How do you always know what I need ? And how do you always manage to sneak up on me?" There was no response and Lyssa gratefully sipped on the warming brew and her thoughts returned the events of the past week. The election had not gone as she would have liked but it had gone as expected. Oddly she was not at all disappointed as a great good had come from this election. Enlightenment, awakening of the citizens. It had been a good showing of support for this unknown "red" and Lyssa could feel the population beginning to believe they could change things.

(OoC)
This is not about a guild. This is about Virtue and Vice. Lyssa will be challenging the governor of Minoc, not Vixen's guild and she will be fighting with Vice against the misguided souls who call themselves Virtue (not a guild). So I invite you all to have a great time with the rivalry of Virtue and Vice but please keep perspective. And if you don't like the way things are going be a positive force for change :)