• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Any old screen shots?

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I cannot tell you how many screen shots have been lost to hard drive failures over the years, and I know I am not the only one that has lost old screen shots that way.

One such event that is forever lost to me is my famous in game wedding to my dear department late husband, who played Memphisto and Marius (before I took them over). This was in February 21st of 1998 and we had the in game wedding and then went on to have our real wedding on the same day. Over 400 people attended that wedding and it was officiated by Lord British himself, who knighted us as Count (which today is Earl) and Countess of Britain... it actually crashed the server; it had to be rebooted which took 10-15 mins. One of the most memorable events in UO and in life for me. And all the screen shots taken that day went POOF on a hard drive failure. :(

With this Facebook Page for Catskills, it is my hope to have all our visitors post their screen shots up so they are permanently preserved. It is because of my experience that I am hoping to preserve some of our shard's screen shots, which is in essence a historical record, because I know things like that happen. Facebook is a great system, build with serious backup/restore and disaster recovery benchmarks so I know its a safe place to host things that you never want lost. So help us in that endeavor and upload your precious screen shots today!

I will be organizing them by the guild, place, and/or event in our photo albums. So be sure to caption them and tell us the place/guild/event, and especially note the year too, so there is some chronology with them.

If you do not have a Facebook account or do not wish to share it, please send any screen shots you wish to share via Private Message here on Stratics.

Thank you guys!!!

Last edited:

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Aedon, hoping more dig through their old stashes and upload more screenies for all to reminisce and enjoy! :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Curious Pandora, I know you were inactive for long chunks of time. When exactly did you play? I know you were in beta, and then you left for a long time, then came back and played around 2010 for a few months, and then you were gone again playing Rift(?) until generally recently.

Bianca_CoD

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Curious Pandora, I know you were inactive for long chunks of time. When exactly did you play? I know you were in beta, and then you left for a long time, then came back and played around 2010 for a few months, and then you were gone again playing Rift(?) until generally recently.
What does that have to do with collecting screen shots?!? And why couldn't you just ICQ her to ask her directly?

~ Sue.

Armand de Romanus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
if u want our exact history, here it is.

i was 17 yrs old (im 34 now) when i first started playing in uo, i rolled a smith & met pandy mining in britain just after the release of the shard which came after the release of the game itself. atlantic was actually called "eastern" and later renamed. i had started over there, but didnt know the guild then, when i met pandy & memphisto (her then boyfriend, who became her husband) we instantly clicked & they already had cod running. this was the last few months of 1997. the guildies all mined for me 2 hit gm smith, i was one of the first ones 2 be gm smith. pandy & memph were really knowledgable of the game as they had beta tested it, so they really helped us all master our trades & skills. memph's sister also played w/ us, she was flame. ate/nemesis also was with us from the beginning & so was morgasse/kitiara & tolian worf & tanis dragonbane & angeleyes & zyberious & kromm & tyber & damien & xavier & pleb. some of these folks still play with us at varying levels of participation.

i sat at the forge in brit, next 2 the conservatory, for months getting us enough gold 2 place our castle. when we did, it was where it still stands today in east britain & then we built all our houses around it. that city became vamp's lair. ended up w/ the 1 castle which was a castle mall, 2 keeps (1 was for cod, the other was for xiled from humanity, our sister guild at that time), 4 towers (plus 1 tower at the spirit shrine near Trinsic, which was guild headquarters), 2 2-stories in front of the castle, and a few large bricks. later when the newer houses came out we bought some folks out around the place & put down a log cabin that we used as our tavern, the bloody brew which we named after pleb who was from the uk & always used to say "bloody hell" in yahoo voice chat haha. & we added 2 villas that were an inn & one private house for i think ate/tolian.

we were predominantly here from that time through the release of trammel. but w/ that release, everyone flocked 2 trammel & left felucca very bare, it was awful for us. we didnt want 2 move our entire city back then, it was a whole hell of a lot, & the rush 2 place in trammel was unbelievable & i remember that they released trammel & didnt turn on house placement for a bit after. we tried 2 sustain ourselves for a long while but folks started 2 quit the game etc. & those left ended up playing more & more within xiled from humanity than cod at that point. sue had been part of xh originally & its how we met her.

by 2002 most of xh/cod had gotten into the beta for dark age of camelot. pandy sold off most of old vamps lair, keeping some property privately, & we kept our spirit tower (which had been renamed the death tower when the shrines were descecrated by minax). those cities today are known as cindervale in east brit, & trinsic hold near spirit shrine. they are used as private homes mostly or for specific purposes & have since replaced some of the properties we lost long ago & created the new vamps lair & west umbra (since we wanted 2 stay in trammel now mostly) when we came back 2 uo in in early 2010, & stayed for nearly 2 years until the end of 2011. we did go 2 Rift in nov of 2011, that game was released in april of 2011 but we didnt get into it til later. but thats how & why we are tied 2 britain, & now umbra. now we've been back since early 2013. we do come & go but thats not any different than others around, including aedon.

i dont think that somehow lessens anything we do, its really bout what we do when we are present, & we do a lot. i know there are rumors out there that we somehow arent the group that ran vamps lair or that our history isnt what it is. but idc what ppl think. i know, we know, & thats all that matters. we continue 2 do a whole lot for our community everyday, & we love all u guys.

- adam

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
What does that have to do with collecting screen shots?!? And why couldn't you just ICQ her to ask her directly?

~ Sue.
*blinks* I was just curious... She was talking about her history in the game. I was wondering what years she was talking about.

Last edited:

MareJadeSky

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i know the once i have lost when my pc crash was when C^P had turn lace red lol and the once of the home i had deco

Belgarion

Visitor
Stratics Veteran

~ Sue.

Didn't you quit?? Seriously stop coming around if you're going to take offense to everything some people post.

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We started in I believe January or February 1997, then saw the release of the game in September 1997. My late husband and I were introduced to the game by his older sister, and all three of us played together and we met some folks in Beta that stayed playing with us when we went live. On release date, we started our characters on what became Atlantic. The guild started on Oct 17th, 1997 on Atlantic/Eastern. But the server filled up so fast; it was so laggy. When Catskills was introduced, we moved there and remade our characters and the guild. We played until early 2002, when I sold off most of old Vamp's Lair and our guild moved to Dark Age of Camelot where our community was born and we became (and in every other game we've ever played since) The Last Prophecy.

Came back in 2010, after 8 years gone which I spent in DAOC and then in WoW. Reformed our city in Malas , in East Britain, in North Trinsic. My folks came back with me, trickling in. I did start to play Rift in late 2011 with our TLP'ers full time as its GM for year and a half but I stayed playing UO part time, and then we all came back again early 2013. Now I am playing ESO part time with our TLP'ers, and keeping full time with UO. Chapters often need the presence of a founder for stability in the beginning, especially when someone else is GM'ing it that has not GM'd a chapter before. TLP is now a non-profit entertainment organization, with a health insurance group, sponsored teams/players in many games, etc. etc. The community boasts over 500 players from around the world playing all kinds of games together.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
How come you changed the name from CoD to TLP?

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How come you changed the name from CoD to TLP?
Children of Darkness is based on a book series about vampires and other supernaturals that just didn't suit the world of Dark Age of Camelot with its trolls and kobolds, etc. I tried it, but it just didn't make sense. So since DAOC had 3 rival factions, I searched around for a name that suited better. I came upon the prophecies of Nostradamus, in where the 3rd world war would be fought between 3 world powers and bring about the end of the world.... he called it his "last prophecy"... that suited very well since DAOC had the 3 factions, Midgard, Hibernia, and Albion. So we became The Last Prophecy and have been ever since... in most of our other games we do not RP, we're mostly PvP'ers or PvE'ers. CoD is and will always remain our only RP chapter.