• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any Old old schoolers still around?

Professor_X

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Used to play back in the YMCA heyday back around 99 give or take for a few years. Does anyone from around then-ish still play? Do things still happen at the YMCA? Made a new trial account to wonder around a bit, is the server dead, did I log in at a bad time, or do people not use felucca or trammel anymore? Where do people idle around at nowadays if not Brit?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Used to play back in the YMCA heyday back around 99 give or take for a few years. Does anyone from around then-ish still play? Do things still happen at the YMCA? Made a new trial account to wonder around a bit, is the server dead, did I log in at a bad time, or do people not use felucca or trammel anymore? Where do people idle around at nowadays if not Brit?
I'm Still around.... played since DAY 1 of Sonoma and GL before that...

Peon
Timbra
Greandal
Sa-Vok
Vok

etc.. Sonoma is QUIET. I just hunt monsters and build suits & such, but the PvP happens on ATL mostly these days and a few other EAST coast shards.

Professor_X

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well unfortunately I don't think I had the pleasure of meeting you sir, and yeah an hour or so of running around I didnt run into another soul :( Anyways I didn't take many screenshots from back then but here's one of like two I kept. Myself in white, Loryn, Rial Sterling, Kender, Janos Antero and I can't remember for the life of me who the last guy in the pic is.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The YMCA is still standing I believe but sadly Dor is long gone. There is an in game chat channel that kind of took the place of congregating in towns although Sonoma is hard pressed to create a crowd these days. There is still a good community of people here though (as always).

You are most likely to find people in Luna Malas (you can get there via a moongate). Unfortunately trial accounts cannot access the general chat channel.

Welcome back! I hope you stay a while *smiles*

barbarous

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I spent some time at the old YMCA won a few story contests too. Barbarous, Thessus, and Sneaky Peak spent plenty of time there.

lol loser

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
just returned as well and have been running a trial account.. I will probably bring my old acct back this week. I've been looking on Sonoma for familiar faces with no luck.. If we can get a group together I'd be down to stick there otherwise on packing up for ATL.. And PEON!!! whats your Icq man? Oh my originals were Lol Loser, Jumpsteady, Monoxide, Drunksteady, and Project Born.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am still around and kicking. Not been on much lately other than to stock my vendor on Atl. Prolly dont know my chars, pretty sure you would not, but welcome back. There are still some folks on Sonoma, just not nearly as many as there used to be.

lol loser

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am still around and kicking. Not been on much lately other than to stock my vendor on Atl. Prolly dont know my chars, pretty sure you would not, but welcome back. There are still some folks on Sonoma, just not nearly as many as there used to be.
your stratics name seems familiar.. who are you?

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am still around too. I played Sonoma from 99-2002 ish.

I guess my first post got deleted since I said Sonoma was a dying/dead shard.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well unfortunately I don't think I had the pleasure of meeting you sir, and yeah an hour or so of running around I didnt run into another soul :( Anyways I didn't take many screenshots from back then but here's one of like two I kept. Myself in white, Loryn, Rial Sterling, Kender, Janos Antero and I can't remember for the life of me who the last guy in the pic is.

I bet that was Sigel. I know it wasn't me. Loryn was one of the best UO friends I ever had, as were Rial, Kender and Sigel, but I didn't make it to the bonfire.

Dor: She's gone?
Lina Inverse: who?
Dor: Loryn
Lina Inverse: yea
Dor: YESSSS
Lina Inverse: is loryn who I think it is?
Dor: yup
Dor: Elise
Lina Inverse: ugh
Dor: yup
Dor: she came back for veteran's rewards
Lina: I get a pk feeling when I see her
Dor: aren't we lucky
Dor: me too
Dor: she is such a stone *pancake*
Lina: I think it would be more lucky to be in lvl 4 hyloth

Moll

Visitor
Stratics Veteran

So you are .. ? Kaylin? Crimson? .... I'm trying to remember other redheads from back then. .... those are the only two I come up with.

Rial Stirling (aka Lachlan D. IRL) passed away this past June.

I still have an account and pop in every once in awhile but rarely see anyone around either.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No Moll, no! That's terrible to hear about Rial! He was a grand friend, and the best innkeeper the Y ever had.

Do you still have ICQ? I never see you on that.

Professor_X

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow came back to this and realized I never actually wrote down my char name Moll. Not that I was known but I went by the name Ashke. To Zog, if Loryn was one of your best UO friends then you might know my ex roomie Stephen of Wind. ( I can't remember his other char names) who actually got me into playing this game. And yes, I think that was Sigel in that pic! I'm sorry to hear about Rial, he seemed like a pretty stand up guy :(

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Of course I remember Stephen! I never knew him well. He seemed to quit around 2000 or so, or maybe that was just Trammel drawing people away from the YMCA.

Moll

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
No Moll, no! That's terrible to hear about Rial! He was a grand friend, and the best innkeeper the Y ever had.

Do you still have ICQ? I never see you on that.

Yeah - Rial was awesome and a very good friend. Died of a brain aneurism before he was 35.

I havent logged into icq in a years. Do you remember my icq number? lol if you do I might be able to log into it!

Suicidal Gnome

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good to see you old friend/enemy...I believe the last time I played steadily was 06 so your about right. I restarded a trial account but no one plays this anymore as the console has taken over the online world. Sometimes I wish I still had my old pc just to bring up screen shots. I even would like to see some of my old adversaries but no one is left...

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Azmodan Beguile here.. from baja. now sadly baja.. and Atlantic .. sine 97

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good to see you old friend/enemy...I believe the last time I played steadily was 06 so your about right. I restarded a trial account but no one plays this anymore as the console has taken over the online world. Sometimes I wish I still had my old pc just to bring up screen shots. I even would like to see some of my old adversaries but no one is left...
We were always friends, I thought, but one night I killed you and someone else in self-defense. It's been so long that I don't remember what happened.

PvP is chiefly at champ spawns these days, but all the old crowd is pretty much gone. Regarding some names, good riddance, and regarding others, it was a loss when they went to WoW. There was still action around Brit moongate sometimes when I all but quit in late 2005. By then, a couple of guilds were using exploits to uninsure items and turn blues into aggressors, and I had put my fighting chars away in favor of my stealther. As fun as it would be to steal 500K from someone's harrower, though, I got bored. I didn't start playing regularly again until Stygian Abyss.

suicidal.jpg

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I miss the good ol days, it is good to see some familiar names on here. I used to hang with EFL and E^E back in the day. I still play regularly but on Lake Austi, Atlantic and Siege. I would come back to Sonoma if I could find a steady group to hang out with.

Garen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I reactivated my account a few days ago. Ran around for an hour and saw about two other players.

MasterMind
Anton LaVey
Meekrobe
Arion III
Bali Berry Blast

Alexander-

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey,

I strolled about a few months ago, nobody was really around. Anyone going to try Shroud of the Avatar?

EMWillow

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Keep strolling, check general chat. I am new to the shard as well and have made many friends already!

Orgional Farimir

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey,

I strolled about a few months ago, nobody was really around. Anyone going to try Shroud of the Avatar?
I just renewed my account so my house wouldn't fall (don't know why) and didn't see much happening. Of course this is a Wednesday in the middle of the day.
I have been playing Rift, and thinking about giving ESO a try.

Balinor of Pk?

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was making a statement about your pvp skill MM, not whether you should play/quit. ;) There's still fun to be had, but you better start making characters on every shard you ping under 100 to and get items/gold/resources because it will cost a LOT to get setup if people don't help you, and you wont find a fight most of the time on just one or two or three shards, you have to check a lot. A friend and I roam about 8 or 10 shards randomly and rarely find spawns being done. It's still fun when we do though... Pac can usually field a few ok pvpers, but we generally smoke them 3 on 5-10. ;)

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just renewed my account so my house wouldn't fall (don't know why) and didn't see much happening. Of course this is a Wednesday in the middle of the day.
I have been playing Rift, and thinking about giving ESO a try.
because we all do it... i missed mine by a week .. haha but still active.. and rebuilt on alt

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was a Steatics reporter on Sonoma from day one but transitioned to Siege a few years later. Hung out at the YMCA a bunch and ran some big events with Queen Mum as well assisted the EM at the time. Characters: Princess Spyder and Malice

With the exception of 3 weeks early last year, I haven't played UO in a very long time. I've moved on to other games. Currently playing GW2 and Neverwinter.

Morph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just popping to say Hello !! We were sitting around talking about the game and thought we'd see if anyone was still around! You might remember us under Dartanyan/Hooman/Morph/Eternal and my wife Sapphire ! Thought about playing again and wanted to see what was going on !