• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any hope for EC event looting?

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Alright. I'm unsubscribing from this - no point in trying to explain the issue to a brick wall.

I do feel sorry for your users who have blindly supported you for years and deserve better.

Good luck.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
there is no fix on containers, like there are no looping stacking up as you said... the refresh is time-limited and the problem on corpses comes from everything, not just the corpses. There are a lot of things looping around, so the more hotbars and stuff they have the more will slow down everything, also there is a lot of data saved in the profile that will sink the performance after some time, and that's the problem.
I can open 20 full 125 containers without a little spike of lag with a clean profile...
The event bosses have several hundred items on their corpses - way more than 125. Maybe that's why they aren't opening. Is there a way to disable loot sorting without opening the corpse, since getting the corpse to open is the problem?

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The event bosses have several hundred items on their corpses - way more than 125. Maybe that's why they aren't opening. Is there a way to disable loot sorting without opening the corpse, since getting the corpse to open is the problem?
the loot sort is automatically disabled if there are too many items... everything that can be done has been done the last time that people pointed out this issue, and it was fixed then. Since nothing has changed, we should find the old post and check out :D

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for taking the time to reply
the loot sort is automatically disabled if there are too many items.
This is good to know
everything that can be done has been done the last time that people pointed out this issue, and it was fixed then.
And yet our clients keep crashing when we open boss corpses, so how is this fixed? When a client crashes, it is not fixed

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for taking the time to reply

This is good to know

And yet our clients keep crashing when we open boss corpses, so how is this fixed? When a client crashes, it is not fixed
The client requires a constant update of loot containers in order to show the items correctly. If they add 1000000 items that are being moved by 100 people constantly the update time will be crazy and the client won't hold it. This problem exist since day 1, because it's all a bad design and to make it work better they do things like public loot with 100000000 items instead of knowing the limitations of the client and make the loot smaller and instanced. In every game of the world nowdays the devs understood that is better to give a minimum amount of items of good quality than give hundreds of items to trash...

Colors and sorting are disabled when the container is too big (more than 50 items), basic update is 1 second (instead of real-time as the client demands) or everytime an item is moved (necesasry or the list of items gets bugged), and this is all that can be done.

You want to point fingers? point it to the CRIMINAL who designed this monstrosity (probably due to a server requirement) or who's spawning 10000000000 items inside the loot.

Remember: the game server is old and the client is built in a hurry with warhammer scraps, so I really suggest you all to calm down and don't take anything for granted, because it's already a miracle if you can play with it... I'm sure that for the year 2030 they will trash both clients and make a new one that works (obviously only if the remaining subscribers don't die of old age first) :lol:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OK, I get it, @Pinco is saying it's not a Pinco's problem that he can do anything about but a problem with the design of the EC client
To clarify one point - a major public corpse crashes the client even when one single player tries to open it and no other players are anywhere near, not just when several players are sorting through the loot
So if Pinco can't fix this, why don't the other developers fix it?
And I do hope it happens before 2030

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, I get it, @Pinco is saying it's not a Pinco's problem that he can do anything about but a problem with the design of the EC client
To clarify one point - a major public corpse crashes the client even when one single player tries to open it and no other players are anywhere near, not just when several players are sorting through the loot
So if Pinco can't fix this, why don't the other developers fix it?
And I do hope it happens before 2030
I'll give you an idea of what the devs are facing:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
GTX 980 which updates itself automatically.
Rollback your driver to 362.00. Anything past that greatly affects the performance you get on UO, specially driver 364.72.
I got serious performance problems and and the same problem with the death effect with the 364.72 and the one previous to it. 362.00 works like a charm.

Edit:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/...-driver-feedback-thread-released-3-28-16-/65/
https://forums.geforce.com/default/...drivers/updated-to-364-72-games-lagging-now-/
As you can see on their official forums, nearly everyone hates the 364.xx drivers. They're just plain bad.

Last edited: