• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any hope for EC event looting?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is looting during events in EC Pinco's still broken? Any hope of a fix or a way to get around it?
I ramped up PC to 16 MB RAM and can loot public Scalis now after a 30-second pause, but still total freezes trying to loot crimson dragon corpse or mystic dragon corpse during an event today.
Is there a way to turn off sorting in EC Pinco's? I can't see how.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its terrible. I get total lock ups when the corpse goes public.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also, please remind me, is this less of a problem in the default EC?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also, please remind me, is this less of a problem in the default EC?
In the default EC where you don't get any of the benefits what's the point?

Also in the Default EC if you had loot sort turned on or not it is in a list form..... and every time you attempt to look at an item and decide whether or not to pick it up the list is CONSTANTLY in a state of shuffle so there is NO possible way to look at anything in it... I found it overly frustrating and completely worthless especially with 15 other people looking at the loot and moving things around in 2d you can't look at ANYTHING.

And Yes over a year later it is STILL not possible to loot a boss mob in the EC after it goes public meaning anyone using the EC may as well just not loot after it is public. It WILL and does lock up and crash the client no matter how much complaining you do nothing will fix it because the problem doesn't exist even though before the changes were made to the Default client we could enjoy looting ALL mobs using Pinco's or not that is apparently irrelevant because I'm told it's all Pinco's that makes you unable to loot... and if you turn off all the functionality of the client... (giving up all reasons for using the EC in the first place)... you'll be able to loot just fine... NOT see paragraph 2.

I've been rather hoping that Gandalf would make a Pinco's light version that just gave me the color of the name as in this is relic worthy and this is only essence worthy etc... without all the loot sorting or background of the square coloring etc... etc... and it would maybe not crash the client... don't know since asking Pinco for the same got no where.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Background coloring is not the issue in EC - poorly written code is (there is a lot of that in the EC source). I can loot public Scalis just fine in (my) EC - corpse opens in less than a second and it is color coded according to my loot config. I usually get all the left over legendary/worthwhile items too :)

Err... what I mean to say is. No it is NOT possible to fix EC looting at all... so... nothing to see here. ;)

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The problem with the public event corpses is fairly easy to puzzle out, but there are several factors involved.

The "bigger" event mobs, ones that normally have a fair amount of loot, get packed to overflowing from the additional scripts attached to them as well as the dozens of people attacking them. While a paragon lich lord will have a nearly full pack, a Stygian/Crimson/Slasher/Primeval will have well over 125 items stuffed into it. But this is only half the problem.

The other half is all the properties attached to those items, which the EC appears to request in bulk when the corpse is opened and thus you get client-killing lag (the CC seems to display the corpse contents, then request the properties when you mouse over).

Now, Pinco's does add another layer of lag on top of that with various bells and whistles to help EC users sort the loot. The auto loot sort for one, which is now turned off by default on over full corpses, and the "new item properties layout" which rejiggers the mouseover gump into a much more graphic-heavy affair (this can be turned off, btw).

The devs, @Kyronix @Bleak, need to inconspicuously tag along to Atl or GL events and open the public corpses of "big" mobs using both the default EC and Pinco's to fully understand the issue. The easiest fix here would be to restrict the number of items generated when a mob dies.

I'd also suggest they ask Mesanna or an EM to put the big explosion code (like the Primeval and Corgul use) on a mob and see how it can bring the EC to its knees or kill it outright. This needs to be done in event-like conditions with dozens of mobiles and spell effects to be a true test. This problem was resolved at one point, but has mysteriously returned.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd also suggest they ask Mesanna or an EM to put the big explosion code (like the Primeval and Corgul use) on a mob and see how it can bring the EC to its knees or kill it outright. This needs to be done in event-like conditions with dozens of mobiles and spell effects to be a true test. This problem was resolved at one point, but has mysteriously returned.
Yes this is HORRIBLE when it goes off. I also get major lock ups when fighting Juo'nar the Lich in Shadowguard as he has the same effect I think.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
This is very disappointing news
What is? From what I remember of pinco's/EC default, it's actually a pretty simple bug to fix. The real issue I remember seeing is that it loops over the entire container loot FOR EACH ITEM in the bag needlessly. That is why you get more lag when there are more items, because it becomes exponential.

Like I said, parsing/color coding 125 items in a grid is not a performance issue. I do get some framerate lag when I have 6 bags of 125 items that hit my loot config open though.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I bet you're still shuffling/mousing over items when the corpse goes public too. :p
nope, i use the search and type "legen" and pull any of those out, then i type in "arti" and start pulling them out. takes me like 1 minute to loot it. *flexes*

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What is? From what I remember of pinco's/EC default, it's actually a pretty simple bug to fix. The real issue I remember seeing is that it loops over the entire container loot FOR EACH ITEM in the bag needlessly. That is why you get more lag when there are more items, because it becomes exponential.

Like I said, parsing/color coding 125 items in a grid is not a performance issue. I do get some framerate lag when I have 6 bags of 125 items that hit my loot config open though.
Is this something you could help @Pinco to resolve?

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
loot scripts are being used at these events. it will lag people out. i use cc, sometimes i cant see body using shift control and don't get to loot. and with all the multi chars doesn't help. using one char would solve nearly every problem at events but the greed is too great.

are u telling me ec has loot script?

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Is this something you could help @Pinco to resolve?
I'm sure it is, but honestly I have my own UI I work on when I have time, and digging into someone else's code isn't always the most rewarding experience. I think that's about the most polite way I can phrase that - sorry.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
are u telling me ec has loot script?
To a degree, yes. You have to click a button to get it started, so it isn't *fully* automated. I don't set mine up that way, for the most part I like to mouse over the item still to check the properties before I loot.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

Are you saying this is something we users can fix or that only a programmer can fix?

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
@Yadd of Legends @Dot_Warner

I love a good challenge. The main culprit is in the MiniModelUpdate function. I didn't look into why it is being called too often, but the following change should make event monsters lootable again. OR it may make looting even worse... you'll have to test it to find out.

When a container is first opened - if it has around 125 items in gridview it should call UpdateContents once for each item - instead it was calling UpdateContents up to 15,000 times.

Find this function in ContainerWindow.lua

Code:
function ContainerWindow.MiniModelUpdate()
	local id = WindowData.UpdateInstanceId
	if id == Interface.TrapBoxID then
		return
	end

if (ContainerWindow.OpenContainers[id] and ContainerWindow.OpenContainers[id].inUpdate) then
		return
	end
	-- the amount of items is changed so we force the update
	if WindowData.ContainerWindow[id] and ContainerWindow.OpenContainers[id] and ContainerWindow.OpenContainers[id].numItems ~= WindowData.ContainerWindow[id].numItems then
		ContainerWindow.OpenContainers[id].LastUpdate = Interface.TimeSinceLogin
	end

if (ContainerWindow.OpenContainers[id] and (ContainerWindow.OpenContainers[id].LastUpdate and ContainerWindow.OpenContainers[id].LastUpdate <= Interface.TimeSinceLogin)) then		
		if( id == WindowGetId(SystemData.ActiveWindow.name) ) then	
			ContainerWindow.UpdateContents(id)
		end
		if (ContainerSearch.Container == id) then		
			ContainerSearch.UpdateList()
		end	
	end
end
and change it to this... (the only change is the two -- in front of the call to UpdateContents(id))

Code:
		return
	end

if (ContainerWindow.OpenContainers[id] and ContainerWindow.OpenContainers[id].inUpdate) then
		return
	end
	if WindowData.ContainerWindow[id] and ContainerWindow.OpenContainers[id] and ContainerWindow.OpenContainers[id].numItems ~= WindowData.ContainerWindow[id].numItems then
	end

if (ContainerWindow.OpenContainers[id] and (ContainerWindow.OpenContainers[id].LastUpdate and ContainerWindow.OpenContainers[id].LastUpdate <= Interface.TimeSinceLogin)) then		
			--ContainerWindow.UpdateContents(id)
		end
		end	
	end
end
That call was probably there for a reason, but it sure isn't working the way it's supposed to.

In order to make this change in Pinco's for testing - you'll need to edit the file AFTER you have launched the game, otherwise it will be overwritten by Pinco's aggressive file patcher.

The file is located (on my pc) at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\UserInterface\Pinco's UI\Source\Containers\ContainerWindow\ContainerWindow.lua

Then you need to reload the interface by typing into the chat window "/script InterfaceCore.ReloadUI()" without the quotes. Or by logging out and logging back in (DO NOT CLOSE THE CLIENT)

If this does fix then bring it up to Pinco as a possible fix. I leave this in your hands - please don't ask me to look at his code ever again. For reals. :)

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Yadd of Legends @Dot_Warner

I love a good challenge. The main culprit is in the MiniModelUpdate function. I didn't look into why it is being called too often, but the following change should make event monsters lootable again. OR it may make looting even worse... you'll have to test it to find out.

When a container is first opened - if it has around 125 items in gridview it should call UpdateContents once for each item - instead it was calling UpdateContents up to 15,000 times.

Find this function in ContainerWindow.lua

Code:
		return
	end

return
	end
	end

ContainerWindow.UpdateContents(id)
		end
		end	
	end
end
and change it to this... (the only change is the two -- in front of the call to UpdateContents(id))

Code:
		return
	end

return
	end
	end

--ContainerWindow.UpdateContents(id)
		end
		end	
	end
end
That call was probably there for a reason, but it sure isn't working the way it's supposed to.

In order to make this change in Pinco's for testing - you'll need to edit the file AFTER you have launched the game, otherwise it will be overwritten by Pinco's aggressive file patcher.

The file is located (on my pc) at C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Ultima Online Enhanced\UserInterface\Pinco's UI\Source\Containers\ContainerWindow\ContainerWindow.lua

Then you need to reload the interface by typing into the chat window "/script InterfaceCore.ReloadUI()" without the quotes. Or by logging out and logging back in (DO NOT CLOSE THE CLIENT)

If this does fix then bring it up to Pinco as a possible fix. I leave this in your hands - please don't ask me to look at his code ever again. For reals. :)
@Pinco

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you can't remove that.
Removing it prevents updates when someone else move objects and if there is lag it prevents to see some or every item.

I've already tried to improve things on the past but the client won't allow the container to work properly if you remove any cycle. The only thing you can do is to keep your profile clean and disable the loot sort.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
you can't remove that.
Removing it prevents updates when someone else move objects and if there is lag it prevents to see some or every item.

I've already tried to improve things on the past but the client won't allow the container to work properly if you remove any cycle. The only thing you can do is to keep your profile clean and disable the loot sort.

What is "clean"?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The problem is in the architecture of the closed part of the EC (i.e. the C++ part).
ContainerWindow.MiniModelUpdate is bound to the WindowData.ContainerWindow.Event event, which is fired way to often. Instead of fixing this in the actual client they put a bandaid on the UI side (i.e. lua code). And from the looks of it it is not working very well.

We can work around it to some extend in Lua, but we still get slight lockups. But Devs refuse to touch it.

Anyway, we discussed this like exactly a year ago already: Is EC still screwed up at spawns?

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
you can't remove that.

You can at least add in a datestamp/stale check (which is what it appears to be trying to do now but failing miserably) and ignore further calls if it's already been called in the last second - there's no way in hell it should fire 15,000 times when a container is first opened.

There is always a workaround - as I said previosly, I have no problem at all looting public event corpses and I'm running a modified version of EC myself.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Pinco I think it would help if we could tone down what all add to looting... I would be just fine if just the list (yes boring) name of the turned the color... I don't need the background of the square and all that and I don't need it to sort for me... I just want to see what the top properties are and what it will break down to.

I don't need it sorted and I don't want it in list form... the problem with the default client has is when there are more than X # of items then it puts everything in list form and when 15 people are digging through the corpse and you have people in 2d shuffling things around the stuff on the list is perpetually moving up and down in the list and you can't hover your cursor over a single thing.... making trying to loot nearly impossible if you have VERY limited space for picking things up you can't just grab everything...

The other problem with the default is that the properties of the items aren't there... so I don't know what the caps are for everything and I'm not going to remember all that crap... I've got a life and it isn't for remembering the range caps for 400 properties in the game. So having those on there is quite helpful for me. I mean 15 SDI doesn't mean **** if I don't know it's capped at 18... For all I know 15 could be out of 30... I also like seeing the imbuing weight so I know well if I pick this up it's over the cap already so no reason to want it because I wouldn't be able to add anything onto it.

I just want it simple. As for clean install blah blah I shouldn't have to reinstall Pinco's 15 times... I got a new computer and already went through and rebuilt all the characters and all the macro's and all that junk... I sure don't want to keep having to do that again... with 900+ characters that's the LAST thing I want... especially since every time I make a new character or something I'm bombarded by music so loud I could wake the dead. I can't hear anything over it and trying to talk someone though how to set up the client and all with that blaring in the background is nearly impossible.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The problem is in the architecture of the closed part of the EC (i.e. the C++ part).
ContainerWindow.MiniModelUpdate is bound to the WindowData.ContainerWindow.Event event, which is fired way to often. Instead of fixing this in the actual client they put a bandaid on the UI side (i.e. lua code). And from the looks of it it is not working very well.

We can work around it to some extend in Lua, but we still get slight lockups. But Devs refuse to touch it.

Anyway, we discussed this like exactly a year ago already: Is EC still screwed up at spawns?
But according to @Bleak and @Kyronix there isn't anything wrong with looting in the default client.

But then they also say that they fixed the death problem where when you die it locks you up for almost a full 20 to 30 seconds before you actually get the gray screen and all... your dead and you can't do a thing for almost a full min... waiting on the gray screen and all to be able to move. This has been reported numerous times and I still feel it's all being ignored. I also don't believe any of the DEV's actually play the game let alone attempt to play the game at something like an EM event in the EC ....

Infact I have Challenged both Bleak and Kyronix to try it... and see how they feel that it's playable. Because it isn't.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yea, they did. But then we are here with this thread again :D

They also said they fixed the naked character bug. I don't think anyone tests things in the EC. They only tell QA (i.e. Misk?) to log in and do like 5 obvious clicks. Everything beyond that is subject to player reports.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are still 100's of ghost images of things long gone and long dead all over the screen you learn to deal... it sucks because it effects using targeting of any kind other than clicking on the actual mob though half the time you can't tell if it's live or memorex...

There is the looting issue which hasn't been resolved but supposedly doesn't exist...

There is the death bug where dying takes FAR too long but that doesn't exist either...

And finally there are the aesthetic problems like not being able to see things that have any form of animation if you have the Circle of Transparency open even if you are 20 tiles away from the item in question... also the Circle of Transparency unlike in the CC can NOT be enlarged... and dropping things at your feet can be nearly impossible since your feet are barely visible. The tiles along the shores are all messed up and 100's of other issues with clipping and everything... like not seeing my shoes when wearing the new Evening Gowns... the seeing people naked quite often... the list could go on and on... but the important 3 are up top...

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@Pinco I think it would help if we could tone down what all add to looting... I would be just fine if just the list (yes boring) name of the turned the color... I don't need the background of the square and all that and I don't need it to sort for me... I just want to see what the top properties are and what it will break down to.
I really feel you here, but as Grimiz pointed out its hardly the coloring or that kind of stuff that causes the lockup. There is no point in optimizing things that are not the bottleneck (premature optimization). It's not rocket science to add a profiler and see where time is burnt, than improve exactly that part. But I can't force any Dev to do it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I really feel you here, but as Grimiz pointed out its hardly the coloring or that kind of stuff that causes the lockup. There is no point in optimizing things that are not the bottleneck (premature optimization). It's not rocket science to add a profiler and see where time is burnt, than improve exactly that part. But I can't force any Dev to do it.
But there is nothing wrong with it ..... so I'm told... so my guess is we are all having a mass delusional hypnosis to believe that it's messed up when it's not.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yea, but I'm trying hard to keep civil. Best thing you can probably do is email Mesanna once a week with screenshots you saved throughout the week.

Or learn lua to write your own UI. Or learn assembler to work a bugfix for the EC. Or just leave it alone and find a game where Devs actually care.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll post a screenshot next time I die when we're spawning. It's trippy...

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ooo.. I already took a screenshot. This is from last week I think:

ECDeath.jpg

Getting a res when this happens is not fun...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Um.... and the hardware death effect is checked or not checked? Or does it matter?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Um.... and the hardware death effect is checked or not checked? Or does it matter?
It IS checked, but I'm pretty sure this has happened with it unchecked as well. Sometimes the screen is just weird moving grey vertical lines or a nausea inducing kaleidoscopic smear.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ooo.. I already took a screenshot. This is from last week I think:

View attachment 47049
Wow. Thanks for sharing this one :D It looks like the gamebryo engine might have lost they fixed viewing angle (remember EC is running on same game engine than for example Fallout 3). Or maybe its just weird.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It IS checked, but I'm pretty sure this has happened with it unchecked as well. Sometimes the screen is just weird moving grey vertical lines or a nausea inducing kaleidoscopic smear.
Try unchecking if it's still happening then I'm not sure I had this happen ages ago but I don't remember what fixed it... *might have been getting a new computer*.... is your driver up to date?

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wow. Thanks for sharing this one :D It looks like the gamebryo engine might have lost they fixed viewing angle (remember EC is running on same game engine than for example Fallout 3). Or maybe its just weird.
Yeah, the viewing angle is definitely...wrong. :p

Try unchecking if it's still happening then I'm not sure I had this happen ages ago but I don't remember what fixed it... *might have been getting a new computer*.... is your driver up to date?
GTX 980 which updates itself automatically.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
you can't remove that.

@Pinco - I don't see how to disable loot sort. I only see how to change the order of the sort. How do you disable loot sort?
loot sort.jpg

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@Pinco - I don't see how to disable loot sort. I only see how to change the order of the sort. How do you disable loot sort?
View attachment 47050
I've asked Pinco for this to have an option in the menu so it can be disabled in the options a couple of times. You have to open the corpse FIRST and disable it using the button at the top of the corpse.

The problem is when you try to open a full corpse and the client locks up and you have to force close it. This then resets and turns loot sort back on so you are stuck in a vicious circle.

I don't want my loot sorted!!!

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had this before. I had a play around with the graphics settings and I've not had it happen for a long time now.

This is how I have mine set:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is "clean"?
Good question.

What I do is make ONE general setup with all my macros and keyboard layout, spells etc etc. I then save this in my dropbox as a backup and then just copy it and rename to each of my different chars on each shard.

When I make a new character I will just use my default template (which I assume is "clean") and then just rename it to the same as the new character.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The problem code has been pointed out down to the actual line of code. If Pinco isn't going to fix (or attempt a workaround) for you guys - it's time to find a new UI.

He'll probably point to the 'dying' status of the Pinco project and say that the ball is in your court...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem code has been pointed out down to the actual line of code. If Pinco isn't going to fix (or attempt a workaround) for you guys - it's time to find a new UI.

He'll probably point to the 'dying' status of the Pinco project and say that the ball is in your court...
the containers are perfectly optimal as they are, and I've made sure of that the last time people pointed out this problem.

The dying status is about the money, NOT the rest.

What is "clean"?
The problem are not the containers but everything else, the more things you have around the more cycle and stuff runs until everything slow down.

Try to make a backup of the folder inside documents and settings and start over, and you'll see the abyssal difference in performance.

This problem has been pointed out in the past, and cleaning the profile solved the problem...

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
the containers are perfectly optimal as they are, and I've made sure of that the last time people pointed out this problem.
We have drastically different definitions of optimal. :) Your users are seeing up to a 30 second delay opening a corpse. I showed you exactly where you can apply a patch/hack to prevent this and get the corpse to open in about 1 second.

Just to clarify - I'm not one of your users. I have my own EC containers that work fine on public event corpses and do color coding loot based on a much more configurable loot module. I'm trying to do you and your users a favor - stop being stubborn about it. Whether the fault is in your code, or in how the client code raises events, it doesn't matter - YOU can apply a fix/hack on the lua side to make it functional.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Even worse of course is when the corpse won't open at all and the whole thing freezes forever - that's a bit of a game breaker

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We have drastically different definitions of optimal. :) Your users are seeing up to a 30 second delay opening a corpse. I showed you exactly where you can apply a patch/hack to prevent this and get the corpse to open in about 1 second.

Just to clarify - I'm not one of your users. I have my own EC containers that work fine on public event corpses and do color coding loot based on a much more configurable loot module. I'm trying to do you and your users a favor - stop being stubborn about it. Whether the fault is in your code, or in how the client code raises events, it doesn't matter - YOU can apply a fix/hack on the lua side to make it functional.
there is no fix on containers, like there are no looping stacking up as you said... the refresh is time-limited and the problem on corpses comes from everything, not just the corpses. There are a lot of things looping around, so the more hotbars and stuff they have the more will slow down everything, also there is a lot of data saved in the profile that will sink the performance after some time, and that's the problem.
I can open 20 full 125 containers without a little spike of lag with a clean profile...