• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any ETA on fixing missing Stratics UO Content?

Status
Not open for further replies.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It would be a nice start if the General News on the main page actually reflected something current. I know who was responsible for that in the past, and I wish someone would 'step up to the plate'.
As for the informational resources, OMG where to begin. Yes taming! And both web based BOD pages, Tailoring and Smitty.
Most of my favorites in IE for UO are now broken.
I still have a counselor in Jail #1 on ATL who's Character Profile reads as follows:

Hello Travelers!
My name is Counselor Zephyrus
I am here to help you on your
journey and answer questions you may have along the way.
Some excellent pages on UO are:
www.owo.com
uo.stratics.com

The last part is close to useless now. owo doesn't exist any more and most of uo.stratics is FUBAR.
I second this question and ask please, can we get the content back?

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I imagine the powers that be are doing everything they can to avoid the dreaded "manual entry", but they aren't talking much about the technical side of the migration.

Flair

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Those cannot return as most of the links were broken when they moved the servers. Honestly I would seek some alternative as the amount of work it would take to fix the stratics pages is not something can can be done in short order. I would much rather they fix some of the older content pages before doing all these other improvements, but that's not up to me. To me those pages were much more important.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sure it will be fixed after all those premium features they talked about in the State of Stratics are implemented.

MedeaDF

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<sarcasm> Yes, right after this most important User Title Banner Thingy update yesterday... I am so really very utterly happy to have this title right beside my user name now! ... </sarcasm>

... *goes back checking if the UOHerald Archive or the Search is alive*

Flair

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I'd take the hunters guide etc. before all of those things they talked about, but that is the reason I came to Stratics and since I still see people asking about it I guess I am not the only one.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
A choice had to be made - spend the time and limited resources to fix the older part of uo.stratics, or maintain what was migrated and put the time and limited resources to the development of the new stratics where everything will be in one place.
The choice is to get the new site up, populate the information there, and launch it as soon as we possibly can.

I'm sorry folks, but please extend some patience to us while we get it done.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I think I'm the only tamer in UO that hasn't tamed a GD...nor has an desire to do so. I wish I was an elf because I'd like to go tame some more Cu's :(

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is your answer folks. Please hang tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.