• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any decent pvp out there?

N

NyghtMyste

I've been nosing around lately, yew gate and where ever else I can find reds flocking, and I'm yet to see anything of interest as far as pvp goes. I see the normal suspects, ROFL / KOS / $CAM, N/A, I'm sure there's more but that's what comes to mind.

Any one care to teach an old dog some new tricks. I'm using the old stun / disarm mage temp. Don't do too bad, just need to know some tricks of the modern trade and what not. Maybe there's a guild that I could run with to get my bumps and bruises with.

Alexandra Skye - 9394364
Meditation 115
Evaluating Intelligence 115
Magery 110
Resisting Spells 110
Inscription 100
Wrestling 92.2
Anatomy 58.5

P

Pezu

Alexandra Skye - 9394364
Meditation 115
Evaluating Intelligence 115
Magery 110
Resisting Spells 110
Inscription 100
Wrestling 92.2
Anatomy 58.5
My first suggestion is to finish all of your skills before trying to fight anyone.

Second, I have a question. Why do you have wrestling and anatomy? Wrestling gives you the ability to dodge/defend in and of itself. It also allows you to utilize the disarm and stun punch special moves.

Anatomy, when coupled with eval int will give you the same dodge/defend bonus whilst using a lower amount of skill points. However, you will not be able to use disarm or stun punch. Having BOTH anat and wrestling is pointless now. I would suggest droping anat for parry.

If you have the points available as well as the scrolls, 120 eval is a must for pvp. The inscription skill is nice, and can add a few points of damage. But if you need the points, having parry will make you more defensive overall.

It sounds as though you're new to pvp. From what I've seen of you, all you do is run. I've also never seen you anywhere but the Yew gate. Don't be afraid to go out somewhere and die. It will give you a better chance of catching someone off guard and alone. The gate fighting scene is all about ganks, for the most part. I hate gate fighting. I'll do it, but i hate it.

And remember this. You're going to die. A lot. That's what pvp is all about. Remember, check your item insurance and make sure you have enough money to cover it. Don't be afraid to die because the way pvp is now, you're almost never going to lose anything. No matter how good you are, you will die at times. It's part of the game. Don't get frustrated and kick your dog. And most importantly, don't give up.

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
focus wouldnt benefit him more than parry? i mean u said wrestling increases your defense wouldnt that make parry as pointless as anatomy ? idk jusat asking i thought focus beneifted my wrestling more cause i have somewhat the same template soulstoned.

P

Pezu

focus wouldnt benefit him more than parry? i mean u said wrestling increases your defense wouldnt that make parry as pointless as anatomy ? idk jusat asking i thought focus beneifted my wrestling more cause i have somewhat the same template soulstoned.
If you have meditation, you don't really need focus. Focus would give you a faster mana regen rate than passive meditation would. I think it's 1 MR for every 20 focus points. So GM focus would give you +5 mana regen. However, when you actively meditate, it's MUCH higher.

Focus is great on a character that is used primarily for choke points or near-non-stop field fighting where you don't have the luxury to stop and meditate too often. For a solo player just learning to pvp from the gate you should have all the time in the world available to you.

And parry would give you a bonus to defense on top of wrestling if you have a shield equipped. Obviously parry is useless without a shield or weapon equipped. Wrestle and parry together are actually quite good. You become hard as hell for a dexer to hit, and you can disarm without having to tie up skill points with tactics.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You gotta remember though, that awhile back they made a nerf for Bokuto Mages. Parry now requires Dexterity to be of any real use, 25 DEX isn't going to cut it at all for any template with Parry. You could go 105 STR/50 DEX/100 INT Real Stats, and use a Greater Agility Pot with a Ecru Citrine Ring to bring you up to 80 DEX, which is when you get the most out of Parry.
Bokuto Mages were nearly impossible to kill with their 4/6 Casting, Parry Rate, constant Evasions and Confidence on the run for heals. They're also the reason why you can no longer cast spells while having a Special Move ready.

P

Pezu

You gotta remember though, that awhile back they made a nerf for Bokuto Mages. Parry now requires Dexterity to be of any real use, 25 DEX isn't going to cut it at all for any template with Parry. You could go 105 STR/50 DEX/100 INT Real Stats, and use a Greater Agility Pot with a Ecru Citrine Ring to bring you up to 80 DEX, which is when you get the most out of Parry.
Bokuto Mages were nearly impossible to kill with their 4/6 Casting, Parry Rate, constant Evasions and Confidence on the run for heals. They're also the reason why you can no longer cast spells while having a Special Move ready.

I never thought I would say this about anything you posted Naz, but you're right. I had forgotten about that change to parry.