• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any changes to Forensic Evaluation in the last 5 years?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am curious about this.

Siege has been pretty dead since my return, but last night I actually saw 5 players all in the same screen. Unfortunately, two of the three were fellow thieves...which got me thinking...

Has anything changed since my leave with the detective skills? I know detect hidden and tracking have changed a bit (YAY you need more than 20.1 in tracking) and are being used on some fighting templates. My question is this...

Has anything changed with the Forensic Evaluation skill in the last 5 years? It used to be somewhat useful when you could find out if a thief was perma grey (something that imho should be reinstated). Once perma grey was eliminated, the use of FE was pretty much a waste of skill points if you weren't a role player.

I'd love to hear it has become useful, so I can start working on a detective for Siege. If there are a lot of thieves on Siege...why not adapt and find out a way to give myself as well as the other thieves on the shard a little fun.

We used to have a couple of detectives (Sherlock and Watson, go figure) and they would chase thieves around the shard for hours...why not rekindle this if the skill is worth the time and space on a template...la

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The only real purpose for FE anymore is to use it on a person to see if they are using a disguise kit or not. Same thing works if you use it on their body.