• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any advice for training a vollem from a crystal?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I'd try the usual method: lore it, take note of its skills and follow the stickied pet training guide here till you're done :)

Wenchy

kaio

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dig up a shadow ellie.
discord the shadow ellie...all kill, heal and watch a movie :)

L

Lorcryst

Before I lost mine (forgot to put on my jewelry for boosting my stable slots), I trained it on Poison Elementals in Shame ... worked quite nicely, I had the little bugger at GM in almost everything (spell resistance was a bit behind).

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive seen some players at luna bank, setting vollems "all kill" on each other, their hp didnt go down, as for me its not working, any idea how this works?

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive seen some players at luna bank, setting vollems "all kill" on each other, their hp didnt go down, as for me its not working, any idea how this works?
They were probably blue training them, which means they dropped guild so that the vollems wouldn't damage each other and then let them "fight". Doing this won't raise their wrestling/tactics/anatomy skills, but it will raise their eval/magery/med and resist skills. I do this with all magic casters that need to be worked, and work their magery first as it goes up so slowly. After I GM mage/med/eval, I set them on a shadow ele. Works great but it is very boring lol. Oh, and before anyone pipes in with the standard "the best and most profitable way is to fight mobs with them so they train and you make gold"...I don't care, I'm looking for speed not profit. My profit will come from my sale of them or using them on mobs once they're trained.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Aibal, I have different goals and methods to you, that's all. I never sell trained pets, if I train something I'm keeping it :) I like to enjoy training time as much as hunting time, in fact I tend to combine training and hunting so I don't really differentiate between the two.

In other words, it's how you want to play the game and what your priorities are.

Some players aren't going to sell their pets, I have limited game time so to me fun is the top priority. If I can make money while I'm training and I don't have to spend additional time hunting, why would I static train? It's as boring as watching paint dry...it might get the job done but it's hardly entertaining. I can't imagine a more boring life for a tamer than to spend ages training up taming and then to sit for hours training a pet up before you get to actually hunt. I admire anyone who can sit and be that disciplined, but I just couldn't do that :D

Wenchy

krilov

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, about me...i usually train pets while hunting too cuz u can observe and study your pet's behaviour too.
Let's suppose u got 2 same pets..but quite often they will act differently in terms of combo/skills used.

Moreover, u can really understand how a certain lvl-skill or lvl-stat can make a difference or influence the pet's behaviour and dmg.And this will help you understand what skill/stats u want on a certain pet.

Probably slower, but it's still something interesting to see and i like it ;)

P

pgib

ratmen in cave of discarded are nice for training, especially the mages. They last forever and have rougly 80 wrestling/tactics so that you can train almost any pet up to gm really fast. Just stay there, apply bandages and collect resources.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wenchy, I wasn't singling you out at all, no offense meant to you or others that train by hunting. I make a lot of gold selling high end pets...it has shrunk over the years, but by having a good client base and dealing only in pets that are very excellent examples of their kind, my tamers have made a very good living (as well as peerless, champs, etc.). I also play many different templates...my "mains", or the characters I may be "known" for, may be tamers, but that doesn't mean they get the bulk of my play time at all. I'm pretty anonymous on my chars that get played a lot. In fact, I can think of only one shard I play where the tamer will be the character I play the most. Heck, my Stratics namesake in game probably only gets played once a month or so. The flip side to that is for all the sweet pets I've sold, it has allowed me to develop a rather awesome stable of pets.;):) I work out of my house, and have a three monitor PC system, so I can train AND get my work done....best of both worlds. Then, when I'm off of work, I get to play with my pets hehe.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh I wasn't offended at all Aibal, just thought it was worth clarifying why I tend to post that stuff and the difference in how we run our tamers :)

Wenchy