• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

antique property?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How's it work on jewels? Do you lose durability just by wearing it or anything?

When u repair once does it fall to 200 then 150, etc?

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
In my experience thus far they certainly lose durability more quickly than normal but not so quickly that they're useless, I guess it depends on how much damage you're taking. I definitely wouldn't build a high end suit around an antique piece except maybe on a tamer. Repair seems to be normal, first repair goes from 255 to 254. I think the max durability drop comes when you powder the item, so I guess when you get down to x/190 you get to powder it back up to 200 (not exactly sure on this last part).

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can't get powder jewels tho right?

Anyone know the actual durability loss difference? Does it feel like 5x, 10x?

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Oh right, no powdering jewels. I lost about 50 durability during an EM event on an antique item, usually I would only lose about 25, so roughly double in my experience, though who knows if the conditions were comparable.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I did a TEST when I was wondering that same Question... The short answer is it simply loses durability about 10x Quicker than normal.... You can also only powder it 3x.. and if you read how that works you basically need to strategically apply the powder at specific times to get the most out of it. I've been PvPing a fair bit with my VvV faction items etc... and they are all Antique and I've had to repair several of them a few times but I'd definately use Antique Armor / Jewels on a PvP character. I would however avoid Antique Weapon or sheild simply because they typically are what needs to be repaired more... oh... Antique cannot be enhanced by special materials so using Antique armor just means it has to be cazy good enough to make me want it even without an enhance etc...

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I monitored antique ring on my warrior. At some moment it lost 4 points and next hit 4 more points. 8 points in 3 sec interval. This happens rarely.

Overall results from hunting UEVs 5 hours total with few repairs - antique ring loses durability same speed as non antique weapon.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I monitored antique ring on my warrior. At some moment it lost 4 points and next hit 4 more points. 8 points in 3 sec interval. This happens rarely.

Overall results from hunting UEVs 5 hours total with few repairs - antique ring loses durability same speed as non antique weapon.
Bad comparison.. how fast your weapon loses durability depends on alot.....

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno about antique stuff. I have just been tossing or unravelling it all.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought an RTB account tamer a nice ring with plus to taming and peace. I think they are getting checked and damaged with skill use, because that ring is now at 0 of 249, down six points from max.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought an RTB account tamer a nice ring with plus to taming and peace. I think they are getting checked and damaged with skill use, because that ring is now at 0 of 249, down six points from max.
It goes down if you do any battling at all, even if you don't take damage. However, as far as I'm aware, if you repair it frequently (say, when it loses 6 points of dura), it goes back to 255/255. I was able to do this regularly with the VvV Orny (unless it's been fixed, but I didn't do that with anything else), so there you go.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It goes down if you do any battling at all, even if you don't take damage. However, as far as I'm aware, if you repair it frequently (say, when it loses 6 points of dura), it goes back to 255/255. I was able to do this regularly with the VvV Orny (unless it's been fixed, but I didn't do that with anything else), so there you go.
For example, training pets, several of them, would accomplish fantastic amounts of wear and tear. Fabulous. Thanks for the heads up!