• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Antique jewelry

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Anyone tried wearing antique stuff yet as a melee'r? I just got a really, really nice jewel, but it is antique.

I'd need to reshuffle my suit around slightly to make wearing it optimal, and I am wondering if that is worth it, or if the thing'll just be broken in a month.

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I have a legendary one and it once failed three times to repair it. It seriously hurts cuz it has plus 15 macing and 10 necro so i dropped skill and moves it around just for it. I wouldnt recommend redoing a whole suit just for it unless u have excess funds.

Nisassa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I find it a lot harder to repair the antique jewelry to. Im a melee pvper and ive had the same antique jewls for a couple months now and they are around 200.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have some amazing antique jewelry, but it's going to sit in a chest until something changes (ie- tinkering goes to 120)

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I use Antique jewels on most of my toons at this point, with the exception being my sampire. Admittedly, I have same issue with reparing them (sometimes will take 4-5 deeds to repair it), but they are uber good and well worth it if you can find the right item. You might not want to rely on them for your primary skills (i.e., swordsmanship, tactics), but if you have other skills like Parry, Chivalry, Resist Spells, Healing, Anatomy... I think they can invaluable if they also have a ton of mods on there.

EDIT: Also, there are enough good legendary antique jewels out there that if you have one that goes way too far down in durability, you can replace it with something similar. There is an over supply of antique legendaries out there right now, so make use of it.