• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anti Virtue / Virtue Armors

E

Eslake

I've been trying to catch up. On UOGuide under the various Virtue armor pieces it says that they are appearing in Anti Virtue dungeons in the same maner as Doom artifacts.

I've been cleaning out Despise for several hours now, and the fact that no armors have appeared doesn't concern me, but the fact that no one else is there does.

Is this over? Or is everyone just busy elsewhere?
And is it just slaughtering all of the baddies or are there special ones at certain times or something?

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Keep killing everything you find. It don't matter where (all Anti-Virtue Dungeons) and when you kill them.
The armor pieces will drop eventualy and they stil do.

Its not always a matter of killing big monsters, alot of medium ones is fine too. (Lizardman) . Higher drop rate in Felucca too.

Don't give up yet, it will come. Patience is a Virtue ;)

E

Eslake

I remember how it was trying to get artifacts in doom, sometimes a week without seeing one, other times 4 or 5 in a day..

I was just concerned that there was no one else showing up to try to get these - that I may have missed the chance.

I'm working on my swordsman (traditional + chivalry) and I am ready to put in all the hours it takes to fill his outfit. :) I'm even tempted to buy one of the Dupre Shields to go with it hehe.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In the past week I've gotten the map, the ankh necklace and the helm.

Of course what I was actually hoping for was one of the weapons or shields that can be handed in for spring cleaning. Murphy's law is still working well.

T

T_Amon_from_work

Of course what I was actually hoping for was one of the weapons or shields that can be handed in for spring cleaning. Murphy's law is still working well.
Ya mean like "Sentinels Guard" shield that dropped on me last night in Despise? <ducks for cover>

I need the soilerettes and cloak for the armor set think it's worth swapping 10K point artifact for them?

L

LadyMargaret

yes they do drop, but it is slow.

the cloak, btw, isn't a drop, it's a quest item.

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are these drops based in some way off how many creatures are being killed? I'm still batting 0-for, despite killing about a bazillion lizardmen and earth elementals recently. I'm wondering if the fact that Shame is also filled with dragons and nightmares wiping out the earth eles at a record pace means I'm not getting items because I'm sucking hind tit on the kill speed scale?

(Btw--what is up with all the tamers killing earth elementals? Can that really be worth the effort for someone that's dragging around a nightmare?)

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Reinzeld, you will see a message that says something about being rewarded for your valor and the artifact automatically appears in your pack. If you're not paying attention, it's easy to miss the message and then notice a few minutes later that something new is in your pack. The ankh on a chain is very small, though, so it is very easy to miss in your pack. And if your pack is getting kind of cluttered, you might also not notice the artifacts either until you start cleaning it out.

I got the arms for the virtue armor suit just last night in Destard, so they are definitely still dropping.

U

uoBuoY

It has been said that high Fame creatures have a slightly higher drop rate.

I've collected enough pieces for 3 full sets and about 15 of the non armor items. For me I start a session with Ogre Lords, maybe a few Drags and finish up with Earth Els and Lizardmen. I get a drop around every 5 hours (over several days) and a heck of a lot of GPs and gems!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You will be glad to see phase 3 of spring cleaning then. :)

O

OneLastBreath

Hi.

I am new. I was training my fencer in Despise when the breastplate appeared in my backpack. I wasn't sure what it was so I came here and found this info on it. I'm very interested in getting a full set while I'm training. Could someone please te me:

a) Do you have to go to different dungeons to get different pieces? OR is it just random?

b) Is it really worth collecting? I see it gives 70 across the board, but are there other modifiers? What is the benefit? I can reach 70 and have room for modifier jewelry?

c) I saw the comment about Felucca and I went into Despise. I was killed after 15 minutes. What's the best way to train and hunt in Despise Felucca. I don't mind dying, I'm new. But it's such a pain finding a healer and then having the Reds kill you as soon as you get back to your stuff.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
a) Any dungeon (Anti-Vitue dungeon) is fine to get a piece. The pieces are random.

b) The suit is 70 all resist without jewelry. You can still get some nice jewelery with mods on the make it all better. Also the armor is blessed and can never wear out.

N

Nenime

Hi O.L.B.,

c) I know what you mean. If you want to take advantage of the higher drop rate, don't go there alone or you will get robbed over and over again. It's part of the feluccan way of life (like, say, in the Middle Age). For every precious thing you have (or might have), there is a scoundrel who will generously offer you a death robe for it.

In case you don't know, here are some basic facts:

The Anti-Virtue Dungeons are: Covetous, Deceit, Despise, Destard, Hythloth, Shame and Wrong.

The rewards you can get are:
  1. Weapons:
    • Katrina's Crook
    • Jaana's Staff
    • Dragon's End
  2. Shields:
    • Sentinel's Guard
    • Lord Blackthorn's Exemplar
  3. Virtue Armor Set Pieces:
    • Helm of Spirituality
    • Gorget of Honesty
    • Breastplate of Justice
    • Legs of Honor
    • Arms of Compassion
    • Gauntlets of Valor
    • Sollerets of Sacrifice
  4. Others:
    • Ankh Pendant
    • 10th Anniversary Sculpture
    • A Map of the Known World
(Just ask if you want to know more about a certain object.)

About the way they drop: summary

They are of an addionally value because they are included in the list of exchangeable items for the "Spring Cleaning Collection". For more details, see summary.

O

OneLastBreath

From the time I posted my last post in this thread till now I've been killing Earthies and Ettins in Despise. I just got a Dragon's End.

I didn't realize there were so many different items...it could take forever to get a full set.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From the time I posted my last post in this thread till now I've been killing Earthies and Ettins in Despise. I just got a Dragon's End.

I didn't realize there were so many different items...it could take forever to get a full set.
Not forever but a fair amount of time. I tend to get one drop about every 2 hours of fighting in the anti virtue dungeons. A few hours a night for a couple weeks and you should have a full set plus some.

Have fun hunting.

O

OneLastBreath

No...I'm not gonna update each time I get a new thing, don't worry.

But since my last post (minus 45 minutes to eat and walk the dog) I've been killing Ettins and Lizards and Earthies. I just got another piece...the Breastplate. IT's the piece I already have!! LOL This game is messing with me.

So. it's not that bad.

N

Nenime

:) Silly, isn't it? But your drop rate seems to be pretty good. :thumbsup: You can use the spare ones for trading or give it to Yonns the Collector. You will get 10,000 pts for it. He also takes the treasure maps you find.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No...I'm not gonna update each time I get a new thing, don't worry.

But since my last post (minus 45 minutes to eat and walk the dog) I've been killing Ettins and Lizards and Earthies. I just got another piece...the Breastplate. IT's the piece I already have!! LOL This game is messing with me.

So. it's not that bad.

Its a test of the Virtue Patience! ;)

O

OneLastBreath

I'm trying to do the cloak quest but I'm having trouble finding some of the characters you have to meet up with.

I search the forums for "Gareth the Emissary" and nothing is found.

Does anybody know a link to a site that explains where some of the characters might be?

I'm talking about the final characters you have to track down in Tram and Felucca.

O

OneLastBreath

I've been to every inn and tavern in Brit 3 times...walked the whole city 5 times...I cannot find Maribel the waitress. If all the characters are like this I should just kill things to 300,000 gold and buy one.

This is crazy. 7 characters...this is eating into my game play! They should make this more logical...a waitress would be near an inn!! :cursing:

N

Nenime

Is 538 considered "high"?
Not really THAT high but it's a lot more than zippo. The higher the better. You can read about Luck in the UO Playguide.
But there's no sense in getting a suit with extremely high luck bonus but no fighting-related properties so that in end effect it slows down your kill rate - which will slow down the drop rate. Try to find a good balance.

N

Nenime

I cannot find Maribel the waitress.
I saw her just a few minutes ago wandering around in front of the "Blue Boar" which is east and not too far from West Brit Bank (close to one of the bridges). But as I'm writing this she vanished and I couldn't find her since. Maybe only at certain times.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
c) I saw the comment about Felucca and I went into Despise. I was killed after 15 minutes. What's the best way to train and hunt in Despise Felucca. I don't mind dying, I'm new. But it's such a pain finding a healer and then having the Reds kill you as soon as you get back to your stuff.
Despise is the most heavily camped champion spawn in Felucca. On Great Lakes I run through that about every 30 minutes on my red looking for bluebies to PK. If you go there to PvM you will be killed 100% of the time. You might have better luck in Shame or another dungeon that doesn't have a champ spawn.

D

Drew

I think there is a little miss-understanding here on how the drops work. The drops are not "random". Meaning, you can't just get lucky and hit the right monster and get a drop. The drops are based on a points system. You start with zero points and for every monster you kill, you accumulate points. Monsters with higher fame give more points. (btw - there is no way for you to see how many points you have) The more points you have, your percent chance for a drop goes up. It continues to go up until you get a drop and then you are reset to zero. Luck also plays a factor in the percent chance for a drop.
One tip. DO NOT LOOT. If you take the time to loot, you will greatly reduce the number of kills, therefore reduce your number of points.

O

OneLastBreath

Despise is the most heavily camped champion spawn in Felucca. On Great Lakes I run through that about every 30 minutes on my red looking for bluebies to PK. If you go there to PvM you will be killed 100% of the time. You might have better luck in Shame or another dungeon that doesn't have a champ spawn.
I know I'm poking the cobra by saying this, but, I've played GL Felucca Despise now for the past 5 days...two hour spans, daytime...I've been killed just twice. The very first day and then when I went on last night and there was a red war going on. Other than that I've had the place to myself.

I don't wear good stuff and I'm not after fame so I don't care if they waste me. I have a few items insured and I use the little loot I take to cover the cost.

I don't expect my quiet streak to last.

I think there is a little miss-understanding here on how the drops work. The drops are not "random". Meaning, you can't just get lucky and hit the right monster and get a drop. The drops are based on a points system. You start with zero points and for every monster you kill, you accumulate points. Monsters with higher fame give more points. (btw - there is no way for you to see how many points you have) The more points you have, your percent chance for a drop goes up. It continues to go up until you get a drop and then you are reset to zero. Luck also plays a factor in the percent chance for a drop.
One tip. DO NOT LOOT. If you take the time to loot, you will greatly reduce the number of kills, therefore reduce your number of points.
That is what I got from the earlier posts...especially the one that linked to the explination of it.

PS -- I'm happy to report that I now have a full set. I also have 6 additional items I'm working towards affording spring cleaning items. Each of these are worth 10,000 pts.

U

uoBuoY

I believe you have a chance, albeit extremely slim, to get a drop on the very 1st monster you kill and that chance increases with the number you kill and the level of Fame on those you kill.

I received about 50 drops. My best was 3 in 1 hour. My worst was 1 in 6 hours. It's all up to the RNG!