• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anti Stealther Template talk thread.

• Thread starter Good_Ole_Lefty
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

Good_Ole_Lefty

I don't know about you guys, but I had it with stealthers. So I thought it would be fun to bat around some anti stealther templates and see what would be viable in PvP to combat these pests.

I was thinking of

120 Magery
120 Med
120 Eval
120 Resist
100 Tracking
100 Detect or throw in spellweaving

J

Jaimes

I've had marginal success with casting revenants.. but you need a high skill investment (120 Necro/SS) for that to be completely effective.

I definitely have had urges to make an anti-stealther template... let us know how well it works!

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the idea of the template... but 200 skill points that is dead in PvP
... sorta sucks in a way

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

Maybe Detect hidden would be enough.

"Having a high Detect Hidden skill helps to automatically reveal people that stealth in your vicinity."

I

imported_GFY

I really don't know what to do vs a good stealther. If he has ninja and drops smoke bombs... tracking might help but reveal spell doesn't really work vs stealth. In my experience anyway.

I'm open to any suggestions on tatcis vs stealthers. EQ, Chain lightning, meteor swarm, don't do much, they just walk away.

G

Theres a few ideas that I've had with dealing with them and also dealing as them.

Keep a macro for conflag pot, drop it at your feet as soon as you run through something.
For spawns and otherwise, a guildmate of mine ran a stealther with tracking and detect which he used to great effect. He ran it on 2nd computer and used it to protect so it was a good all around character.

The template seems a good idea although theres the thought of wasting 200 skill points on just the stealthers.

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

Hard to figure out what to do really.

If detect works like the description. I think that skill alone would be worth it. Instead of 1-4 tiles you could pop him out of stealth passively when he comes on screen with gm detect. Hope it works that way.

I

imported_GFY

Could you get by with just 100 detect?

I'm wondering if you could just detect every so often or if you walked threw something if it would work?

Do you need both tracking and detect for it to be effective?

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

From what I gather it increases the radius as well as the chance to detect passively and also increases your reveal strength vs stealth/hide.

I have yet to test it. Training it up now on a red mage. Still have to think out the template though.

I

imported_GFY

How about:

Mage
Eval
Resist
Wrestle
Med
Detect

Basically an inscribe mage template swapping out inscribe for detect