(Player News) Anti-Shadow Report February 15, 2011

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2004
Awards
if I'm not here I'm there
1. Gold no longer has value. We have begun referring to an item's value in "Lykors". The more "Lykors" your item is worth the better. It is easier to have 1 Lykor than 40 Billion in gold checks.

2. As part of the anti-economic sanction, Flutter has sold one of her Luna properties to a member of GRI. (anti-shadow interpretation: It takes one to know one)

3. Spawns continue to be on complete lockdown. All your spawn are belong to us. We have decided to wallpaper our castles in 120 scrolls instead of selling them.

4. Catskills shard name to be changed to "AntiShadowAlliance"

5. Begun monitor-off training. When fighting certain Shadow opposition we will turn our monitors off to even the playing fields and create a challenge for our members.

6. Started a rumor that getting a focus with people you don't like gives you cooties. This rumor will be spreading like herpes.

More to come...

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Anti-Shadow Report February 17, 2011
Guess they truly have not left Stratics

Pitr
Cadet

Unmoderated Trolling... example of why we left Stratics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-catskills/uo-catsk...15-2011-a.html

No moderation... just the same old Lord of the Flies system.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2004
Awards
if I'm not here I'm there
Why would it need to be moderated?

It's all about buidling community spirit and ITS ALL TRUE with no personal attacks!
Well... except if someone gets an attack of the cooties! But if they do they were warned!

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aug 1, 2008
Kentucky
"...making me even more thankful for the community of adults we have on UOForums.

I contacted someone in authority, however, so presumably the good sense and UO community spirit of that person will override the deliberate lack of moderation on that specific board.

Mythic, take note. "
-Oriana

This is the same thing that happened on the GRI boards when one moderator/forum admin was pushing people around, deleting their words or censoring them entirely, and also giving false reports, attempted slander as well as going as far to post Nazi photo's in comparason to people over a game... while removing any response that someone would post in reply to these.

I appealed to my former "unbiased" GM to correct these elements but at that time, it wasn't about justice, right or wrong, good sense or community spirit. It was simply about the execution of anger based emotions and nothing more than just another oppertunity to "hit the enemies." Anything to stick it to the opposition, even if it is just speculation.

(P.S.- Still currently banned from these forums with no reason given.)

With Stratics, they at least have a defined list of rules and they are followed.

Your way..... whatever rules you make up based on how you are feeling at the time (subject to change without notice). Anyone who disagrees or tries to respond will have their post removed and be banned.
Guilty until proven innocent.

I'll stick to stratics.

Please don't throw glass in stone houses. :mf_prop:

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
May 12, 2008
Under Your Bed
I have one Lykor in my basement... Does that mean I'm rich?

M

MaskedMoron

1. Gold no longer has value. We have begun referring to an item's value in "Lykors". The more "Lykors" your item is worth the better. It is easier to have 1 Lykor than 40 Billion in gold checks.

2. As part of the anti-economic sanction, Flutter has sold one of her Luna properties to a member of GRI. (anti-shadow interpretation: It takes one to know one)

3. Spawns continue to be on complete lockdown. All your spawn are belong to us. We have decided to wallpaper our castles in 120 scrolls instead of selling them.

4. Catskills shard name to be changed to "AntiShadowAlliance"

5. Begun monitor-off training. When fighting certain Shadow opposition we will turn our monitors off to even the playing fields and create a challenge for our members.

6. Started a rumor that getting a focus with people you don't like gives you cooties. This rumor will be spreading like herpes.

More to come...
lol thats a good laugh, thanks! *makes note to self to stay away from focus groups*

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 19, 2004
Your way..... whatever rules you make up based on how you are feeling at the time (subject to change without notice). Anyone who disagrees or tries to respond will have their post removed and be banned.
Guilty until proven innocent.
This way of running a forum seems to be a common theme among some people in Catskills.....

Luvmylace

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
I invested my rares in Lykor. So will I be rich forever? And do I get Dividends?
And don't call him honey!

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
May 12, 2008
Under Your Bed
I invested my rares in Lykor. So will I be forever? And do I get Dividends?
And don't call him honey!
Oh snap!

He wasn't in my basement lace I SWEAR!! I was JUST KIDDING! Please don't hurt me.
:bowdown:

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
Anti-Shadow Report February 19, 2011

plans seem to be working... This just in

Today we saw a sad bit of the darkness of UO...

A trusted member has been playing for both sides...

He/She is also within other guilds...
GRI
TNK
ALLY
M*E
F*A
and more..

He/She reports to a known female dog.

I'm no pedological master... but this time things went way too far.

Please contact me so we remove his/her chars from our homes and multi shard guilds

Cheers

Wonders also if they practice what they preach... another report just in

Something to think about...

t’s happened to Respect, Courtesy, & Civility etiquette?

I’ll just be blunt, without trying to be proper. And by the way, I've been guilty of this, same as most of us. So here goes: Showing consideration for other's feelings shouldn’t be hard. It’s as easy as opening the door for someone or showing honor and esteem to an elder. A polite remark for no apparent reason or a respectful attitude can go a long way these days. Unfortunately, disregard and disrespect seem to be more prevalent than ever

The Problem

I’ve been blown away recently with such a bold & blatant lack of Respect for one another’s feelings, generally speaking. Don’t we owe each other common Courtesy? Without the glue of Regard, there’s no substance to hold Respect together.
This doesn’t mean the recipient of Courteous Civility should have a grandiose sense of entitlement. It simply means we have an obligation to extend our Regard to others out of Respect for the individual’s feelings. It’s an unspoken kindness. Without it, a sense of selfishness is created.

Fruit Nature

A different nature lives inside us, if we allow it. We’re constantly at war with ‘self’, fighting desires, both positive & negative, that must be dealt with accordingly.
If the fruit that we produce rots, it’s because it wasn’t nurtured. If we nurture each other with Respect, Regard, & Courtesy it’ll produce Civility.
The outcome will be healthy fruit! When we dishonor an individual’s feelings, it produces rotten fruit for that person in the form of disappointment, anger or resentment.

Where's Respect?

Let’s have some straight talk here. Why bother wasting your breath suggesting you’ll do something, then not do it? It’s disrespectful. Why say you’ll extend a favor if you have no intention of doing so? Isn’t it easier to say, “I’m sorry, I can’t do that for you” or how about, “I don’t think I can promise you that”. I know, you really meant to do it, but never got around to it. If you can’t follow up, show Regard by informing them you can’t come through with the assurance. A simple, “I apologize for……” goes a long, long way. A casual disregard, by NOT following up, is tasteless. Don’t you know that it sends a message to the other individual that their feelings aren’t important?

Where's Courtesy?

Better yet, why tell a person you’ll “….call in a day or two.” Or “I’ll contact you……” Two days go by, then three, and you still haven’t contacted them. By that time you’re off on another tangent, going on your merry way, figuring, “Oh well, they’re probably really mad by now…I’ll just wait & see if they call me back & if they don’t I’ll pretend I never promised & forget about it.” You may forget about it, or you may not, but I can assure you the one you never called back remembers it! You’ve just produced some rotten fruit for that person. To be dismissed in such a casual manner is humiliating, and, depending on the circumstance, down-right degrading. No acknowledgement is not a justification for bad manners.

Just throwing this in here subliminally.......

Where's Civility?
How about how we attack others with words? That's when it gets personal. When the adjectives used to describe an individual or the person's belief are preceded by the word "you". Maybe your intention was NOT a personal attack, but when the word "you" was included in the verbal or written statement, THAT made it personal. Ever thought about rearranging your sentences, both verbal and written, in a way to be more constructive? Think about it.

Before you decide I’m being overly sensitive, obsessing, or over-reacting, think about this:

Doesn’t everyone, regardless of whether they’re a casual acquaintance or not, deserve courtesy & respect, to say the least? Your disregard for their feelings will make them wonder, “What was your intent?” They may find themselves asking the question, “Is common courtesy not in you?” NOBODY likes to be casually “blown off” by someone they believed cared about their feelings.Besides, it sends a direct message that your feelings aren't important.
Let’s show some Civility! Doing nothing is worse than what you were afraid was going to hurt them in the first place. Maybe it just doesn’t matter to you whether you get back with them or not. Oh well. So you say, “Never mind…” What do you call that? Disregard. Disrespect, and uh, yeah; it makes you dishonest too, especially if you didn’t follow up with them as agreed. So what if you didn’t want to continue the friendship? What if you really didn’t want to go to the banquet with Fred? Get with the other person and give an explanation, for crying out loud!! Don’t ignore it like it’ll go away. There’s a way to avoid disrespect…..by honestly communicating. Show some Regard!

The Cold, Hard Truth

Of course, we've got to realize there's some people out there that just DON'T care about your feelings. Bingo. The narcissist type personality, perhaps, or the inflated ego. And there are those individuals who just don't give a crap about others in general. Period. In the case of those, these words mean nothing. But I'd like to believe that all humans are capable of producing good fruit, whether they choose to or not. There's something about the fruit of Respect, Regard, & Courtesy that's contagious and seems to bounce off of one person on to another.
I used to believe it was too late to say “I’m sorry” until I found myself apologizing to a person I’d wronged 22 years earlier. I don’t claim to be the martyr for Apology, I’m merely giving an example. The point I’m trying to make is that Respect, Courtesy, & Civility with each other is the foundation for honorable Value. It seems to have slipped away & been replaced with the opposite: disregard, disrespect, & dishonor. The question is, “What are we going to do about it?”
"Emotional disrespect by rude disregard or abrupt dismissal sends a message (without words) that your feelings aren't important."