• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another returning thread

Korgane

Visitor
Hail and well met,

I am coming back to UO after a long time away. I played for about 6 years from 2001 on the Europa shard, mainly doing role-play. I was part of a guild called The Knights Templar and a brief spell in the Guardsman Militia. During this time I had probably my best experiences playing games and loved the community. However, like so many I left to play other MMO's and have spent the last 10 years or so trying to capture the feeling and fun that I had in UO.

Currently not sure if I should remain on Europa shard or go to Atlantic where I hear there is a larger amount of players. Can anyone tell me what the communities are like? Is there any large guilds or communities around? I am from England so concerned that the time time differences will mean I would barely see any players on Atlantic. I don't expect it to be anywhere like it was but nostalgia has got the best of me and I am really want to get back into UO again.

Thanks!

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just make a character on Atlantic and see for yourself! It's way busier than Europa any time of day. I'm also in England and have characters on both shards. Sure there are people on Europa but nowhere near as many as Atlantic.

Alira Drakrul

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Welcome back to the game! I hope you can find a group that fits you best.

I agree with Djad. Best way to find out is make a new character and see where it takes you! :cheerleader: